FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photoshop Problem

imagefree
When i click File>New and then press OK in the dialogue box, it gives this error:

Could not create a new document because the scrach disks are full.

I use Photoshop CS2.

What the problem may be? (its my just second day to photoshop).
cavey
Photoshop uses a lot of space when you edit your images. One of your partitions are set to scratch disk. You should check if this partition (f.ex. C:\) is full. If it is, you should free some space, or change it to another scratch disk where you have more free space: Edit > Preferences > Performance.

Congratulations with your choice of image-editor. Photoshop is a really great tool I could not be without both professionally and personally. Be sure to learn as much as you can about the programme so that you can fully take advantage of its possibilities!
kuyman
If when you open it it's asking about scratch drives, you may also have a problem with the amount of RAM actually inside your machine. Scratch space works as virtual RAM and saves the real RAM for quicker work. However since it asks at creation you may want to pick up some more RAM.
imagefree
Thanks its resolved.

Actually i was trying to make an image if 800*600 pixels (but inches was selected) and it required almost 800+ MB of space. Thanks for your help.

Yes i am trying to learn it as soon as possible because proviously i was using Fireworks for web graphics but now as i am getting advanced, i think its not a perfect choice, so i had to shift to photoshop.