FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Suspended from school for self-defense.. WTH?





[FuN]goku
Alright.. so for the past 2-3 weeks my entire math class wanted me to fight this other kid in my math class.. i wouldnt fight him.. im not really a fighter, and im a nice guy and all.. so anyways.. he tried to scrap with me .. in class 5 mins before the bell.. my math teacher broke it up... so the bell actually goes... i had martial arts after school (karate) so.. i see that guy in the hall ... he takes off his backpack and starts coming towards me.. i just walk fast.. and shove him lightly .. meaning. "eff off i dont wanna fight you" and i preceeded to martial arts.. so then he exaggerates and decides to fall over and makes a big deal of it.. then he comes after me... and... then well i started to fight him.. and .. it was sort of funny.. he acts all tough but he fights like a pussy... he punched my head multiple times and.. all that happend was my head got hot.. no lumps or nothing.

So anyways i blocked everything, most of his 'Headshots' , and everything else. And i had him in a position where i coulda broke his wrists, but then .. that would make stuff worse so i decided not to.
So then after 3 mins or so a student broke it up. And the math teacher took us to the office..

Now this was the greasy part. I sat in Vice principal A's offices.. and he went in B... so i told him it was in self defense.. my first fight ever (which it was though i would hardly call this a fight >.< )
So i explained my story... then vice principal b comes in the office im in ,and says that i called the other guy a 'Faggot' and 'gay' which i didnt.. so he was feeding them lies... i couldnt explain myself properly mostly cuz i was full of adrenaline.. and not only that i have anxiety problems on top of that.

So i just went along with it. they wouldnt believe me anyways.. the school has screwed me over so many times for various reasons.. so now i got a 5 day suspension. The thing is.. my parents dont even care that i got the suspension and they think its cool i stood up for myself.

As far as i can remember i've been bullied. well since i started school anyways. And i havent been getting much lately until now. But i dont consider that 'bullying' tbh. i just consider it to be a greasy move. Bullying is when someone bigger than me wants to fight ;P

But anyways... the thing is... Self defense.. and they still suspend me.. dont you think thats stupid.
If you get attacked by someone, and you're defending yourself ... you didnt do anything wrong the other person did.

But anyways.. im not sure who to be 'MAD' at in this case.. I suppose vice principal B .. cuz of some of the stuff he said. Which i could have argued him on but .. he's a school teacher so im not even gonna bother he'll come up with some stupid reason as to why my argument is not valid.

Anyways i did find out their suspensions are recorded electronically via a webbrowser.. so i might have a lil fun Smile if ya know what i mean Very Happy .. And i dont care if i get expelled for it. The school's already screwed me over soo much that it doesnt matter.

So now, i got a week to myself, to do JACK ALL. The only thing is i miss 2 sessions of martial arts and website design team over this.

Anyways peace!

-oMejA

P.S - Sorry for the long post.. I often rant on about things without realising it XD
Magicman
It isn't fair but thats how schools seem to run. If you are involved in a fight they suspend you whether you start it or not. Apparently the school feels that if someone attacked you it was for some reason. From your story you could not possibly be in trouble with the law if this were out of school because it falls under self defense.
Lukero
That's just life. Sometimes you just gotta take it and remind yourself that not everything is fair.
Amnaft
Ouch, that bites. I hope that other guy got it worse off than you...

Anyhow, just try to just piss him off in ways that he wouldn't think would normally annoy him. It works for me Wink
Keran
Well, at my place we do these "self-defense" things outside school in a prearranged place... And I guess it seems kind of strange that You got suspended too if You only blocked his attacks, guess that shows the ignorance of the school V. principal.
Even though some might not agree with me, I think You should have kicked his ass and show everyone that you pwn in Karate etc. (if you really do). I just think that if You will back down everytime someone will challenge You, they won't respect You at all.
[FuN]goku wrote:

The thing is.. my parents dont even care that i got the suspension and they think its cool i stood up for myself.

I agree with Your parents, it's better to stand up for yourself.

[FuN]goku wrote:

So i explained my story... then vice principal b comes in the office im in ,and says that i called the other guy a 'Faggot' and 'gay' which i didnt.. so he was feeding them lies...

For that only he deserves a nice beating Twisted Evil

I hope You sort it out with him, but it seems like diplomacy won't help much here Twisted Evil
Srs2388
i have had the same thing happen to me when i was in school... i am the same way i'd rather not fight but if someone comes up to me and attacks me.... im not going to sit there and take it because i could possibly get into trouble i fought back... one time i kind of got out of hand though because i just kept on punching the person in the eyes mouth nose everything because he had me so pissed.
it was funny though i kept saying i didn't wanna fight and he attacked me and i beat the hell out of him.
but it has went the other way once... someone had two people and they both kicked my ass. I had it won and then someone else jumped in.. i still got suspended.
tikitait
Ok well get this: In the UK some schools have a police officer that "advises" and also deals with much more, how to put it, serious issues.
If an assault happend then the school would deal with it, notify the police but if its not that bad the school deals with it.
Thing is, if it happend outside school grounds on the way back from school, police deal.

Now if something gets nicked then its a different matter, Schools police officer is there and investifates.

Wierd setup but hey thats how it works
Pikokola
Quote:
But anyways... the thing is... Self defense.. and they still suspend me.. dont you think thats stupid. If you get attacked by someone, and you're defending yourself ... you didnt do anything wrong the other person did.


yeah life... Don't worry about that, just do things that you think it's good, even though sometimes when you're doing something good, they blame you, and when you do something bad, they praise you.

The main point is not blaming it to another people, feel disappointed with another people or anything like that, but to continue living and take that experience as a lesson to take precautions on another time.

note : Actually I ever banned from a class just because I didn't bring my homework, but at that time, I think, who cares, that class is su*k ^^V.
standready
Sorry to hear about the mess. I am glad you basically stayed in a defensive mode.
lesson learned: life is not fair! The only thing one can do in life is try to be the best & most honorable person one can be and believe others will get what is coming to them sometime.
jmlworld
Magicman wrote:
It isn't fair but thats how schools seem to run. If you are involved in a fight they suspend you whether you start it or not. Apparently the school feels that if someone attacked you it was for some reason. From your story you could not possibly be in trouble with the law if this were out of school because it falls under self defense.


I agree with you, Magicman, the school principle has the rights to keep the school dignity and to avoid such massacre like that took place at V-tech in the US several months ago...

With different view about the fairness of the suspension of students after tehy attend a fight... Its fair to keep the environment, and student suspension is legal punishment, as I see...

I'm very glad that the author of the story stood for self defense, thats the right tha the humanity allows for everyone. It's really the freedom of life. Laughing
Azmo
what can you say, it surtanly sucks to be you right now, and you should be glad you're not me, cause I would be so pissed that I've beat that other kid up realy good so I atleast had earned that suspension.

Just be strong, he will feel realy small when the truth comes out.
DSGamer3002
Something similar happened to me, but in 5th grade. Razz During lunch, I was playing basketball with my friends when this kid nobody likes came up to me when I had the ball and started being a complete arse. I told him to go away and that we didn't want him screwing around with our game, so right when I made a basket he runs under the hoop and grabs the ball, then runs away with it. I go over to the teacher watching all of this, and he just tells me "YOU SHOULDN'T EXCLUDE PEOPLE K?" so that pissed me off even more. By now all of my friends just left because they didn't feel like waiting around to get the ball back. I chase down the kid and ask him to stop being a jerk and to give it back, and he starts tackling me. Eventually he has me in a position where he could strangle me or keep punching me in the stomach, and my only way out was the fact that his arm was right below my head; I bit him. Very Happy

Well, he starts screaming his head off like a banshee, so I grab the ball back and ignore him. The teacher watching us before had left before this whole thing with the strangling and the biting happened, so there weren't any real witnesses. The kid runs up to another teacher and makes up his own nice little story, making it seem like I was to blame. >_> So, we're both sent to the principle's office, and he says, "Okay, I want you [the other kid] to tell me what happened." Of course, he doesn't ask me to tell him. So he makes the whole thing up as if I was bullying him and not letting him play basketball with me and my friends, and then I started attacking him. After he's done, the principal says "Alright, so here's what I'm going to do. We don't tolerate violence here, and it clearly says in the school handbook here that suspension is the first act for something like this. So, [referring to me] you're suspended for 3 days for attacking [other kid's name] and I think you should see help for possible anger issues. You can go back to your class now, [other kid]. I have to call your parents to pick you up, so in the mean time find your things and meet me in the main office." (This was this moron's first year as principal at my school, it's obvious he wanted to make himself look powerful by doing this.)

So, I was basically suspended for defending my life from a maniac 5th grader, and yet he didn't get in trouble for any of his actions. Neutral Even if I did get a chance to explain what really happened, I'm sure the principal's excuse would have been that I should have gotten a teacher's help before biting him. Do you really think about saying, "Hey, Mr. [insert name here] do something about this kid trying to kill me, will you?" when you're in a situation between self-defense and possible death? Confused
hofodomo01
Seems like schools are really more concerned about the "good learning environment" thing than actual sense of justice >_<

Hey, if it was real life, you could probably get a claim in to self defense, but since it's school...ugh tough luck on that. They'll do those things....everyone involved is just as responsible, etc etc...
erlendhg
That was so unfair!
It is a frustrating feeling, not being believed.

Were there no witnesses that could confirm to the vice principal that you only blocked his attacks?

Also, do you know what happend to the other guy?

Like other people also have said, I too think you have good parents that support you through this, even when other doesn't.
What did you friend say when they heard about this?
divinitywolf
That was unfair. I myself am learning self defense at college and yeah you shouldn't have been suspended for that but maybe you should have just blocked his punches, tripped him over and walked away or something as if you were holding him in a certain position it makes it seem more like you were doing most of the fighting, to the teachers.
evilryu530
well that really sucks. i was actually doing karate and martial arts for a real long time, and there were some bullies that tried to pick on me, little did they know, they got their ashes kicked. in front of the entire school. all the chicks were laughing, when a smaller dude whooped on some large dudes...i got suspended myself but it was all wworth it, i hope the best for u! Shocked
PatTheGreat42
Back when I was in high school, a careful reading of the rules produced the following result:

You could get in trouble for just having been part of a violent action. Specifically, if you were walkin' down the hallway, minding your own business, doin' nothin' to nobody, and some other kid, completely randomly decides to punch you, well tough luck buddy: you can be suspended/expelled.

I totally disagree with this. If someone attacks you, you should have the right to prevent their aggression in any way possible. If they're down, you can't kick 'em, but you should have the right to get them down.
Afaceinthematrix
Yeah that does suck. But at least your school isn't like mine. My school has such serious behavior problems that they don't mess around with suspensions. Had you been at my school you would have left with handcuffs on...
Kaisonic
Yeah, schools usually suspend people for ridiculous reasons. Like I know this one kid that took a picture of himself naked, at home, on his phone, not during school time, sent it to other kids not at school or during school time, and then he got suspended at school. For a longer amount of time than a different kid that was caught drinking alcohol during school time in the school's parking lot. Schools don't make any sense, I tell you. That's why I went to college. They don't make sense there either, but there aren't any suspensions.
vinzes
Too bad. But we should look at the school being represented when you do such thing. They are the ones who give you education, so I think they are responsible for the act of your doings.

Based on the topic, well, that is so ridiculous. Learning self-defense will get you suspended? How about when you got holdap, kidnap or anything outside near the school? Are they held responsible for this? O well, you can just can't help but to think that the school sometimes is also not a safe place.

Thank God, I never get suspended or got called in office at school. Smile
Molle
Life is not fair. Here people just don't get suspended. Quite weird, and sometimes quite boring... But that's just life. Live it. ^^
friuser
I have the same sentiments as everyone else. Life just isn't fair but if you look at it this way... kid's lie. I mean they really aren't exactly the pillars of society and there really is a difficulty determining the truth of the events in most cases.

I think you will find it extremely difficult when you are an administrator to find a better situation to resolve this. The problem now is that everyone wants to cover their behinds in these matters. Alot of these policies are meant to prevent lawsuits as well.

Just look at a recent situation in america where two young kids were prosecuted as sex offenders when they were slapping the girls behind. I think it is better this way. You made a sacrifice but at least the other kid has a record. It goes a longer way in preventing further abuse.
[FuN]goku
Well thanks for the comments everyone! Very Happy
Im still suspended sitting at home.. couldn't be happier right now.. im just sitting back enjoying my suspension. Razz So, basically I worked my my irc bot all day, and got the login system working nicely. ^^ so i got alot of time to learn some more programming.


friuser wrote:
You made a sacrifice but at least the other kid has a record. It goes a longer way in preventing further abuse.

Well he already has records afaik... for smokin dope on school grounds and trying to fight with others.
So, technically im the one getting a record.. the first ever. But oh well.
I just heard that the guy got in another fight before and it was with someone smaller than him and he got a knife pulled on him.
Seiji
That was a little unfair. At least you you didn't want to fight him and have nothing to regret now. I remember one kid got into a fight but never threw a punch back so he didn't get suspended. Of course kids were laughing at him because he got "beat up" but in the end he really won.
plus900
this boy was punching me 4 no reason so i did self defence blocked attakks and then a teacher broke it up i i was sent to headteacher i was suspended 4 3 weeks WTH!!!!
achowles
Schools couldn't care less about fairness. They just lay down the punishments arbitrarily when things go wrong. Sucks that you got suspended, but just roll with it. It's not like you've got a choice.
Davidgr1200
So what happened to the other guy? Did he get suspended as well?
[FuN]goku
Davidgr1200 wrote:
So what happened to the other guy? Did he get suspended as well?

yeah we each got 5 day suspensions. We're due back on ... this friday (oh joy >.< ) .

And so far the work that they sent home for me.. is so easy.. so im done it in like .. 5-10 mins and then i enjoy the rest of my day.
Fake
Tell him u are not done with him yet. Get in touch with him, and if u were better than him in the fight, then he will know. Atleast make him ur bitch now
Like he can act all tought and shit, but u can always remind him of how much better u are in a fight(wihtout fighitng)

P.S. Not good to fight, but its all BS. Fights happen. End of story. All the stuff that cops and teachers say "u shud have come to us FIRST/reported it" its all useless stuff.
Fights happen.
Chris24
If you are really bent on not fighting and getting in trouble again from the school, either ignore him and his bs or make sure you are walking with someone as often as you can this way, either you have someone to back up your story or dissuade him from initiating anything because there are 2 or more of you...Schools don't care if you are defending urself, if u hit back you are just as much fault as the other person....right ? no but like everything else in life thats just the way it is
James007
Once again, this isn't a blog, this is a forum... Shocked

Anyway, continue... the topic has grown too big anyway to close it.

*off for ice cream*
Devil-wings
Dude I hate it when that happens Guys in my school are so effing stupid. They think that just because I'm a girl I am weak so when a guy punched me in the face and broke my nose in multipul places and brused 2 of my ribs and broke 3 others and broke my hand and leg!! I got pissed he kept calling me a bitch and ****** so i broke HIS nose broke a rib and gave him a black eye. I got suspended for 2 weeks and he got off on a WARNING!!! When HE was the one who effing started it!! WTH it soo not fair!! AND I'M A GIRL!!! Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad
Stupid_American
Ok. I read the OP and nothing else, because that's just too much damn work.

My dad was a Marine, and so was I. In spite of all the crap you might see about the USMC doing stupid crap in the news; pissing on dead bodies, etc., we tend to hold ourselves to a higher standard. Yes, a crazy standard, if you happen to be a Navyboy(sorry, it's built in). Anyway, the one underlying lesson I learned, and that my dad also learned and tried so hard to teach me, was to do the right thing at all times, no matter what. You tell the truth, you fight for those who can't fight, you defend the defenseless, and you never EVER waver from your position, when you know you are right. Even if it means death.

Remember a movie called "Scent of a woman"? Ok, Al Paccino was a retired Army officer, and he went to this kids school to defend him for not ratting out his classmated for some dumb crap. It wansn't like rape or anything, just vandalism, if I remember correctly. Paccino threatened to take a flame thrower to the school(had he been younger), because they were not teaching kids "hoonor" and "code" and being very hypocritical about what's right and wrong.

My point is this: Some jerkwit picked a fight with you. You did the right thing by defending yourself. You got suspended. Who gives a sh*t. Did you give him an opportunity to walk away? Did you refrain when possible, and only use force when absolutely necessary? More than anything, were you in the right? If you answered "yes" to 2 or more of those questions, then you should wear that suspension like a fuc*ing stripe on your shoulder, like a badge of courage, for being who you are in a situation where cowardace and beaurocracy wrote the rules, but where your courage triumphed. Maybe not in the annals of your yearbook, but in your heart, and in what you teach your own kids some day.

Holy crap... I... does this soapbox belong to somebody? Or... or... do we just... nevermind...
deanhills
SA, I read the OP earlier today, and was totally taken by [FuN]goku's sotry, but disappointed by all of the responses. Until yours arrived on the scene. Wish [FuN]goku could have read this in 2007 at the time when this incident happened to him as this would probably have been just the right ticket at the time. Cool
Rajat_Pawar
Doesnt the school listen to your side of the story? And you live in a democratic country?
Stupid_American
deanhills wrote:
SA, I read the OP earlier today, and was totally taken by [FuN]goku's sotry, but disappointed by all of the responses. Until yours arrived on the scene. Wish [FuN]goku could have read this in 2007 at the time when this incident happened to him as this would probably have been just the right ticket at the time. Cool

Yeah. I didn't even read the date on the post. Oh well, a day late and a dollar short is the story of my life.
jayyzee
you did good by defending yourself and at my school in cali theres a cop on campus and if you fight in school they threaten you by saying that next time they'll take you to juvie and they suspend you so we usually fight afterschool in a abandoned house or behind a hill or behind the cementary and the cops find out there was a fight but they usually dont find out who fought unless someone snitches
HVLGruppen
Some things come and go. You just have to live with the consequences of others actions. Even if you didn't do anything, somebody takes the blame. That's life, and nobody can set it frreee.
LiveLong
Something similar happened to me like that I was in school at lunchtime on one of the computers doing some of my homework (I barely ever do it lol Razz ) then these two idiots sit next to me and they start verbally attacking me with threats and things like that. After 10 minutes of me just ignoring them they proceed to push me and attempt to turn of my computer because of the verbal threats I got really pissed off and I took one got him in a head lock and ran him into some computer hairs then pushed the other one it escalated into more they were determine to push me I mean two people attacking me over my computer is this a joke or something? Seems not, after that a Higher pupil seperated us and I simply walked out the room and a teacher in my faculty (Design,technical) asked me what happened I said I was defending myself and all this stuff he said OK I will talk to the other two boys so he did I walked out.

So the next day in one of my classes my pastoral car teacher (Person who deals with pupil relations and other bS) talked to me in her office and long story short I got a suspension warning I mean wtf? for defending myself? I hate scottish schools they are even worse than the ones in America which are bearable as far as Im concerned so yeah... similar thing Ive been in trouble MANY times due to the fact kids that get bullied in my school deside to go to the deputy head teacher and they tell on the people that wont beat them up if they do I am the one they deside to tell on its seriously crap Ive been taken in for racial issues cake throwing etc its not me for gods sake you idiotic freaks... Mad
Related topics
The OC
Urban Legends About the Iraq War
US Boder Patrol Kills a man
Most peaceful religion
John Paul Jones - Summary
College Rules are stupid
Does Brazil's history have any impact on you?
The Real Reason - Israel Attacks Gaza
Bush could be next on the war crimes tribunal list
Would You Help A Stranger?
Israel attacks Freedom Flotilla, at least 10 people killed
National Institute for Civil Discourse - what ever for?
The end of newspapers, 3, 5 or 10 years?
Hello. My name is Robert Redbeard.
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.