FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Scrabble!

infobankr
Every year my family and my best friend's family get together for a big scrabble tournament. This year's tournament is coming up, and I've got to get practicing.

The thing about Scrabble is that there is no honor, you have to go for points and be defensive if you expect to win.

What's your strategy?
wabik90
Wow, it's very interesting. Scrabble family tournament... sounds nice. Maybe I'll try.
I used to play scrabble(but not a lot and rather for fun). I'm not good, I don't even know that there are some strategies(I know only one: "letters thief"... just kidding:p), but it'd be nice if someone post strategies here. I think it could be interesting, I promise, I'll read it Very Happy
infobankr
The best strategy is to keep your high letters - like J, Z, X, etc. and ONLY put them down when you can put them on a multiplier.
Kelcey
Yeah, use the high letters when you get around the colored tiles.
Nameless
I'm confused. There's strategy in Scrabble? I mean, uh, put your point heavy letters on multipliers, don't ever dare use 's's without adding to somebody elses word as well as placing your own, um, study the dictionary in the time leading up to the game? Bluff about unusual words that you actually just made up?