FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My First HDR attempt

irishmark

I gots a new camera - well my fiance bought one for me as an engagment present and i was playing around with HDR and auto-bracketing.

This was taken at 11pm and was almsot pitch black darkoutside. f5.6 8second exposure.
irishmark
in case u wanted to know - tha camera is a Pentax k100D Super.
Ghost900
Interesting.... Very Happy

I think it makes the image look nice it makes it look edited too.

The picture seems a little fuzzy on the bottom but very clear in the middle and blurry on the top as you can see if you look at the green plant on the left side.

Seems like it is a nice camera and it may have just not been taken in the right lighting or something.

Good Job Wink
irishmark
Ghost900 wrote:
Interesting.... Very Happy

I think it makes the image look nice it makes it look edited too.

The picture seems a little fuzzy on the bottom but very clear in the middle and blurry on the top as you can see if you look at the green plant on the left side.

Seems like it is a nice camera and it may have just not been taken in the right lighting or something.

Good Job Wink

The bluriness is down to the fact that it was not taken with a tripod so its jus fuzzy dude to camera shake and the lighting thing is not a case of wrong lighting - thats the effect you get with HDR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging
kuyman
This biggest thing you have to watch on HDRs is that you can't really use a high ISO as you seem to have done. Invest in a tripod or find a wall. You really need more than one exposure to make a real HDR as well.

That being said, it's a very good first try, actually. Just get yourself a tripod, try to use a lower ISO setting, and just keeping playing around.

With some luck and a tripod and some playing around, you can get cool stuff like this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuyman/1660511648/[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2064/1660511648_b46375093d.jpg
[/img]

Self promotion aside, make sure you actually have something you want to take an HDR of since it ends up taking lots of time regardless of how you do it.

Keep us posted if you do anything else Smile

Good luck![/img][/url]
nivinjoy
Anyway the pic is nice and nice to see...That's what you wanted..right..?? Waiting for more pics...!!! Laughing Cool Laughing

Expecting lot for more and more pics..!! Laughing Laughing