FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Do You suggest ?

pacslim
I dunno if i placed this new thread in the right section if not remove it please because the problems i have have to do with seo and domain names and also with this free hosting account i have here at the fantastic frihost !

My question is the following: I have bought two domain names: www.makaveliliveson.com and www.makaveli-lives-on.com (before i bought these top com domain names, i had only the subdomain here called tupac.frihost.net)
Well the problem is now i have a google rank (of 2) at tupac.frihost.net but none at www.makaveliliveson.com or and www.makaveli-lives-on.com
, this is strange because i parked the 2 com domains in the cpanel!
Is it because he (= the search engine) sees that the frihost subdomain is my initial host or 9sub)domain? if so how can i change it because i want all visitors to use the 2 .com domains I bought (registared) and not my frihost subdomain so is there a way that only my 2 .com domains are the only 2 url's for my site (hosted here at frihost) to have?

Well what do you suggest bondings or whoever who reads this? allready many thanks for ur always proffesional help/advise/comments ! Wink Arrow
Gerardus™
I also bought a domain for 5 years wich i want to use on this host.
And i also want a high ranking in google, with my bought name, how do i accomplish this?
Maybe it's got to do with the meta tags on your index file the url is just a substitute for an ipadress, so when a spiderbot finds your ip adress it search for content, so maybe if you change the indexfile in some way like titel and meta tags then it might come up in searchengines also.
And maybe the bots didn't visit your site yet, after you parked the domains in cpanel.

I hope i could be of some help here, and if not i hope someone else will post the right thing to do, in that case it would be good for me also, since i want my own domainname high ranked also. Wink
Bondings
Only one domain can have the same content, and at the moment you have 3 (sub)domains there with the same content. Google sees them as 3 clones.

Google then picks the oldest one - the one with the most links, it is the highest pagerank. You got that pagerank by receiving links from other websites pointing to your subdomain.

To give that pagerank to your main domain, I suppose it is www.makaveliliveson.com, you will need to redirect visitors from your subdomain to that domain. You just have to watch out for loops (redirected from one to the other).

And try to get all incoming links pointing to one domain.
pacslim
Bondings wrote:
Only one domain can have the same content, and at the moment you have 3 (sub)domains there with the same content. Google sees them as 3 clones.

Google then picks the oldest one - the one with the most links, it is the highest pagerank. You got that pagerank by receiving links from other websites pointing to your subdomain.

To give that pagerank to your main domain, I suppose it is www.makaveliliveson.com, you will need to redirect visitors from your subdomain to that domain. You just have to watch out for loops (redirected from one to the other).

And try to get all incoming links pointing to one domain.

Ok I will follow ur advise bondings, again thanks for it !
Also isn't there a way to remove the frihost subdomain and leave only the 2 com domains as only url's or is this a bad idea ?

And what can i best do with the other url: makaveli-lives-on.com just leave it parked? or redirect it? again thanks for all ya help !
Wink Arrow
Bondings
I would use a redirect for your second domain.

About the subdomain, I would leave it, because most likely you will have some visitors still trying to visit it(links, bookmarks). Just try to redirect it either with .htaccess or cpanel to your new domain. Just watch out for loops. (when your browser says after half a minute that the max number of redirects was reached)
pacslim
Bondings wrote:
I would use a redirect for your second domain.

About the subdomain, I would leave it, because most likely you will have some visitors still trying to visit it(links, bookmarks). Just try to redirect it either with .htaccess or cpanel to your new domain. Just watch out for loops. (when your browser says after half a minute that the max number of redirects was reached)

Thanks for that advice bondings I soon will try it, but the loop stuff i don't understand fully please explain me or show me ? Confused ?? Thanks again for ur advise! Wink Arrow
Bondings
Don't worry about the loop stuff unless you get problems with reaching your website.
Daniel15
Quote:
Also isn't there a way to remove the frihost subdomain and leave only the 2 com domains as only url's or is this a bad idea ?

This is a really bad idea as the subdomain will still have the page rank, but it won't exist anymore! To make your subdomain redirect to your new page, rename your index.htm page to index.php, and add something like this to the top of it (or add this to the page if you're using an index.php file)

Code:

<?php
if ($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "tupac.frihost.net" || $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "www.tupac.frihost.net") {

header("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
    header("Location: http://www.makaveliliveson.com/");
    exit();
}
?>

This code means:
If the server name equals 'tupac.frihost.net' or 'www.tupac.frihost.net' then redirect to http://www.makaveliliveson.com/. The next time Google indexes your website, it'll notice the redirect and list your new domain. (notice it's set as a 'Permanent Redirect' which tells browsers and search bots that this page has moved for ever). Eventually, the page rank of your new domain will go up.

And what Bondings meant with the loop stuff is this: Someone goes to the URL www.tupac.frihost.net. This redirects to your new URL. However, the new URL redirects back to your old one, which loops back to your new one, ............. This is caused by the redirection not being set up properly. Most likely you will not need to worry about this.
pacslim
daniel15 wrote:
Quote:

This is a really bad idea as the subdomain will still have the page rank, but it won't exist anymore! To make your subdomain redirect to your new page, rename your index.htm page to index.php, and add something like this to the top of it (or add this to the page if you're using an index.php file)

Code:

<?php
if ($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "tupac.frihost.net" || $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "www.tupac.frihost.net") {

header("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
    header("Location: http://www.makaveliliveson.com/");
    exit();
}
?>

This code means:
If the server name equals 'tupac.frihost.net' or 'www.tupac.frihost.net' then redirect to http://www.makaveliliveson.com/. The next time Google indexes your website, it'll notice the redirect and list your new domain. (notice it's set as a 'Permanent Redirect' which tells browsers and search bots that this page has moved for ever). Eventually, the page rank of your new domain will go up.

And what Bondings meant with the loop stuff is this: Someone goes to the URL www.tupac.frihost.net. This redirects to your new URL. However, the new URL redirects back to your old one, which loops back to your new one, ............. This is caused by the redirection not being set up properly. Most likely you will not need to worry about this.

Thanks daniel i gonna try that now for the subdomain thanks a lott for all ur help peace and i will let u know how it worked out !
Daniel15
Geez, how old is this thread?

Anyway, your new domain seems to have a higher page rank now. Your www.makaveliliveson.com domain has a page rank of 3, whereas the old Frihost subdomain has gone down to 1.

See http://www.mypagerank.net/ to check your pagerank.

-close-