FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Did you ear about urinotherapy?

heartbeat
this is something that came from ancient times, specially from India. Actually, in India you could find hospitals that work exclusively with urine.
I read about it and has a lot of beneficials to your health. It seems that works in a homeopatic way inside of your body. In fact water is now known to be the best hard memory of all so water in urine keeps information about your state of health and by drinking it it is like your drinking the best homeopatic medicin of all because it is made exclusively for you and from you.

In the ancient Vedas - Hindu sacred books - you could find a chapter only about this art of drinking urine where you see shiva explaining it to his wife parvati (I think is called "shivambu kalpa" in hindi)

You could also apply it to skin in your skin diseases.

I have several friend that tried with the best results even in problems that they were treating for years and could not find a cure, such as funghus, allergies and so on.

Did you ear about it? Tell me what you think.
patasarriba
I know a guy who practices it religiously, and have a friend who is a veterinarian and really believes in it. I'm not totally convinced, though.

From http://www.answers.com/topic/urine-therapy:

Quote:

Because of the fertility properties of urine, birth control pills may be less effective.

Several pre-existing conditions preclude the use of urine therapy. Heavy smokers and people taking therapeutic or recreational drugs should not use their own urine. Those suffering from bladder infections or venereal disease are also advised against ingesting their urine.

The only thing I have to say against urine therapy is that when I was in the Amazon, lots of mestizos and foreigners were pressuring the local tribes to accept urine therapy when it's not part of their tradition and they have their own cures for various ailments. But that of course does not mean that urine therapy itself is bad, or that people who practice it are; it just means that people tend to get carried away with it.

And not to seem immature, but I personally find it pretty gross, too.
dlseven777
I don't know enough about urinotherapy to really give a strong argument. I agree yes the urine has the state of your body. But I also know it was expelled from your body for whatever reasons as well.

Maybe those reasons may overlap with its possibility to be "healthy" to the body, but if that were so, I would think our bodies would have found a way to reuse it automatically instead of us devising a way to reapply the urine to our body.

Just my thoughts.
tony
eesh. i think i will pass on that..

i don feel like touching it! ha!
benjmd
Hmm, I dunno about this urinotherapy. You should consider what urine really is. Urine is:

Water
Electrolytes (Na, K, Cl, HCO3-, Ca2+, etc.)
Trace amino acids and glucose (should be none, but these are not always 100% salvaged in the kidneys)
Drugs
Metabolic products (cell breakdown products, hormone breakdown products, etc)

The major things you would get from urine that you might think would help you would be water, electrolytes (which vary GREATLY in concentration depending on how dehydrated or hydrated you are), previous medications and their breakdown products, and bilirubin.

Too much bilirubin causes central nervous system problems. Normal diets have sufficient levels of electrolytes and water for our bodies. Most medications are dosed based on how quickly the body gets rid of them so that the doctor and pharmacist know that there is enough medication actively in the body to perform its function. Given all that, I don't see why urine would help you and if anything it could potentially hurt. Not to mention that we are all colonized by bacteria in our urinary tracts to some degree and while our gastric acid and intestinal enzymes do a lot to neutralize the bacteria, I'm not sure it's a risk worth taking!
furtasacra
I know that urine can be an invaluable diagnostic tool, but using it as an actual treatment? Yecchhh. Confused
heartbeat
What I know about it is that it has not only the components written above but a lot more such as hormones and almost all the minerals such as Cu, Au, Al, Zn, Mng, Mg. Vitamins such as A, all B complex and so on. Antibodies, and of course some bacterias. But if you ingest it again you will be vaccinating your body from your own diseases. Don't forget that de bacterias present in urine are not in their full activity.

Yes it is true that it is expeled from your body but also tears and sweat are and you don't think they're gross. Tears are made of water and salt. That is nothing wrong with their composition, however, your body release them to the outside.

Urine is the same. People I know that is ingesting it are never sick. That I can asure to you. If you look in the internet you could see that all the animals drink it ocasionaly. Even monkeys. Even your dog!

Did you know that there are some big companies that have filtering systems in their toilets to catch the Ureia from their workers pee? Look at almost skin cosmetics and you will see it there. So if you don't think it is gross to use products from someone else pee why do you think it is gross to use your own?
nisibdv
If you have water in your house, it is really disgusting to drink your own fluids. It is of bad taste and, unless you are in the dessert without nothing of water, you shouldnt drink it, it is perverse.
heartbeat
lol

let me see if I understand... You have your own fluids inside of you and that's no problem with that, but after the moment they get out of your body they're the worst thing on earth!! It doesn't make sense! Think of that!
For me was also complicated to understand it at the begining. Another myth created on our society of questionable values...
But the truth is this: Urine is nothing but water with some mineral and organic components.
Why do people think that because it comes out of our body it sucks?
Milk comes from women breasts and is the best thing on earth for feeding young children. Babies come from inside of women body and has nothing of wrong with them. Sperm comes from men bodies and it is able of giving life.
When you get wounded blood comes out from your skin and is nor better nor worst that it was before of the wound.
So why urine should be diferent? The body only needs one way out to put bad things away. That's why you poo. What is not absorbed or is not important to your body comes in and goes out in the digestive system.

Notice that this is why people who drinks it has some habits for not beeing poisoning themselves. Normally they're vegetarian, don't do drugs, halopatic medecins, nor food additives.
Remember that you are what you eat. So if you eat well you will have good urine and you could drink it for preventing diseases.

Notice also that I'm not saying it is a easy thing to do but it is time to look to things through a different point of view. I also thought it was gross but then I looked at it and listen what has to be said about it and the truth is that I don't think it is wrong anymore.
We have to let our ghosts get away.
Think of that. Try to see things from a different perspective.
heartbeat
dlseven777 wrote:
I don't know enough about urinotherapy to really give a strong argument. I agree yes the urine has the state of your body. But I also know it was expelled from your body for whatever reasons as well.

Maybe those reasons may overlap with its possibility to be "healthy" to the body, but if that were so, I would think our bodies would have found a way to reuse it automatically instead of us devising a way to reapply the urine to our body.

Just my thoughts.

pour it and drink it, what could be more automatic? Also, there are times and circumstances wich the practice is not advised so it couldn't be much more automatic.. also it is good for aplying externally as in
skin problems or accidents, to clean the mouth, wash the hair, as sunscreen so its good to have a little hose Wink taste a drop in the morning and taste a drop in the night, see the differences, feel it, it will start "talkin" to you. it's a hidden part of our human nature