FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

visual basic

cLean
hello guys.. i got 2 copies of vb here recently vb2005 pro and vb 6 first which one is the newest? seeems to be 2005. the way it is laid out..

Im lookin for some good help books on the programming, Java script J# c# c++ and getting started with visual basic.. nething like ebooks or books to purchase be fine. just lookin for somthing someone has read and heard about

Just working on a billing syst Im for my company atm and werking on a database for my new site. if neone knows it well get intouch with me if u would got few q's but thanks!
fadirocks
vb2005 is way newer

anyway I did tons of online tutorial also had MSDN library for examples, also I had some help from friends

A very important aspect in programming is to be aware of various functions and how to use them
if you've done some qbasic this would be little be easier on you if not well vb is still not too hard but you need to put in many hours to learn how to use & to know the functions
do a google and you'll find plenty of examples Smile
also if you google and add http://www.experts-exchange.com you might find some better links

Good Luck
Talk2Tom11
cLean wrote:
hello guys.. i got 2 copies of vb here recently vb2005 pro and vb 6 first which one is the newest? seeems to be 2005. the way it is laid out..

Im lookin for some good help books on the programming, Java script J# c# c++ and getting started with visual basic.. nething like ebooks or books to purchase be fine. just lookin for somthing someone has read and heard about

Just working on a billing syst Im for my company atm and werking on a database for my new site. if neone knows it well get intouch with me if u would got few q's but thanks!

hey cLean, I own my own software company where our main development language is VB.net. We will soon be opening a new community to the public that is going to be filled with Tutorials and code snippets. Most of which will be for visual basic. if you are interested, give me your e-mail address and I will send you a link when we finally open up the community. Smile
fernandoacorreia
cLean wrote:

For learning a programming language, I highly recommend a book from the Deitel series.

For instance, this one:

Visual Basic 2005 How to Program
http://www.deitel.com/Books/VisualBasic/VisualBasic2005HowtoProgram3e/tabid/1707/Default.aspx

They also have books on other languages like Java and C#.

Their books are awesome. They start from zero and go step by step. They have a very good ballance on their content.

Many computing classes use these books. Go to their website and see for yourself.

Good luck!