FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

losing a job

Srs2388
what should one do after a bad wreck and being disabled for a long period of time?
I was in a wreck and the truck flipped three times i ended up with a broken back and a cracked scapla and a bruised lung...... so now i can't work and i got fired.
what would you guys do during these long six months?
sopetite
I would read a lot. There are lots of easy jobs in the internet right now, I work as an SEO writer
edzofcit
If that's what i'm experiencing now, i'm gonna be doing some programming and computer stuffs. There's a lot of ways you can do with just setting in the computer with an internet. For this six months, you can build many websites and make some money for yourself.
Thundercloud
hang on hang on hang on

they can't fire you for getting into a car accident they have to provide long term disability and offer your job back after you get to normal.
bukaida
Thundercloud wrote:
they can't fire you for getting into a car accident they have to provide long term disability and offer your job back after you get to normal.

Ya, I also agree with that.Human is not a disposable machine.You can maximum be on without pay for that period but cannot loose a job on the legal point of view.
deStructuralized
Thundercloud wrote:

Absolutely correct.

Get that money.
Srs2388
they do?
I wasn't made permanent yet... i was there for right about a hundred days.
Afaceinthematrix
Thundercloud wrote:
hang on hang on hang on

That completely depends on the country that Srs2388 lives in...
longandpartners
keep moving forward man
redhakaw
open up a business.
toddler
I would learn more/useful skill and technology during the time and you will find it is merit.
Coclus
That's real bad man! Well I would start learning some things on the pc, as you would be able to do that even if you are physically disabled.
cloudship
take good care of yourself. a good health is worth a hundread millions of dollars. and if you are interested, to read some books is a good idea.

do not waste the time, keep learning something or doing something, which could fill your resume, otherwise it will be a weak point to your later job hunting.
ucimok
I would learn new scripting languages. It can certainly stand as a major advantage to getting new work later on.
evilryu530
try tog et real good at an online business....plenty of ways to make money online.....im still trying to figure it out..good luck bro. i broke my collar bone and was out for 5 months....it was bad......imagine you cant even wash your own hair! button up your own shirt.
zakarykinnaird
I would perhaps think about imporving your what you know.

What you can think, in other words. This might be learning the pc, or how to be an architect for instance, but the more skills you learn well not been about to do them sometimes pay off in interesting ways.

In a sort of mental way. Being able to think is a great tool for any person. Try getting a nintendo DS and Brain Training, this is great little game that keeps you thinking (something that you really really need when you dont have work)

hope this helps
jdamion
i'd mob through c++
i've tried it. dont like it to much. then it turns out that its just about #1.
damn.
i MUST learn it.
damn my procrastination.