FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Top 5 places to visit in Philippines

tahoestyle
Ok, going to the Philippines next month and looking for the top 5 places to visit or must see?
I have somewhat of an intenary...have not gone to a travel agency for info because I would like to suggestions from those who have been there rather than from brochures!
GSIS
Go SCUBA diving.

Anywhere you go around the Philippines you'll find some of the best diving in the world. I would especially recommend the north of Mindanao. There's a resort just east of Cagayan d'Oro. I can't remember what it's called.

Also, Coron. Some excellent wreck diving with a choice of 12 Japanese WWII wrecks between about 12 and 40 metres. Do NOT miss Dragon Island (I'm not sure if I have the name right, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong). It might not be open to the public now, but if you can get to it you'll find a lake heated by volcanic activity. It has salt water to about 14 metres, then the strangest thermocline you'll ever see (and feel) with fresh water below it! It might be the other way round (fresh water on top of salt water). You'll most likely get narked around the thermocline because of the heat and confusion. The water is just like a hot bath!

I didn't do much land-based stuff. I was working most of the time and diving almost every spare weekend I could.
mikeperhem1
Top 5 places to visit in Philippines are:
Tubbataha Reef
San Agustin Church, Manila
Mayon Volcano
Malapascua Island
Puerto Galera