FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows XP pro - Hidden Restore Partition.

turbosquid
I have a slight problem with my new laptop, maybe not a problem as such, here's what i am trying to acheive:-

I want to install a lrager HDD in my 'Samsung X60 plus'. Like many other manufacturers Smasung have installed a hidden recovery partition on the HardDrive so if i was to remove this drive i would not be able to re-install windows. I know i could probably use Norton Ghost or alike to bakup the drive but what i would realy like to do would be to backup the recovery partiton to a CD then boot from that. Or even better recover the files on the recovery partion then burn a CD. I have no idea what file system the recovery partion uses but i would imagine that it's protected somehow? If anyone has any experience with this type of thing please post...

TurboSquid
coreymanshack
turbosquid wrote:
I have a slight problem with my new laptop, maybe not a problem as such, here's what i am trying to acheive:-

I want to install a lrager HDD in my 'Samsung X60 plus'. Like many other manufacturers Smasung have installed a hidden recovery partition on the HardDrive so if i was to remove this drive i would not be able to re-install windows. I know i could probably use Norton Ghost or alike to bakup the drive but what i would realy like to do would be to backup the recovery partiton to a CD then boot from that. Or even better recover the files on the recovery partion then burn a CD. I have no idea what file system the recovery partion uses but i would imagine that it's protected somehow? If anyone has any experience with this type of thing please post...

TurboSquid

What you are talking about is this...

You replace any hardware and the disc that came from your computer will not install onto your laptop anymore. This is because the disk is a manufactures disk, it is not a windows disk. You need to go to the store and buy a copy of windows for this. There is no hidden partition on the hard disk.
badai
actually there is hidden partition in some computers (laptop, desktop, even server) for restore to factory default. usually you can do this from bios.

my advice, go get external hd.