FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free Games

marrs
Command & Conquer is, without a doubt, one of the best games ever released. Okay, so the graphics aren't what you would call top of the line anymore, but that's not strange for a game that has been around for quite a while. And next to that, who needs great graphics in a already awesome game like this?
The only bad thing I have to say about it are the the acting performances in the cutscenes, but the storyline and atmosphere of the game are absorbing enough to ignore that.

To kick the their anniversary celebration, EA has provided the original Command & Conquer Gold as a free download, compatible for Windows XP! This is the same version included with the collectors pack Command & Conquer: The First Decade, and is now available for you to download for free!

Get it here http://www.fileaxis.com/posts/view/409

Get it now!
infobankr
That's cool, thanks for the heads up. I never played the first one so it will be like new for me. Smile

Note to other users, the link above requires you to register, so I found it at the Fileshack:

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/11068/Command+&+Conquer+Gold+-+Full+Game:+GDI+ISO

They ask you to register as well, but you can download it without registering at a slower speed.
rheanna
Thanks, checking it out now.
m-productions
Try getting it for free from its webstie.
wabik90
Wow! Thx, bro Very Happy I love C&C games. I gonna play it! I gonna play it! Ummm... First I have to download 580 MB....
newso
www.warrock.com
www.americasarmy.com

Both quality games, brilliant graphics and online gamepplay. Plus they are free.
Ghengis
Hrm, I haven't done the download yet, but I'd like to know -- does it hold up well over time? I went back and tried Dune II and Warcraft 1 a while ago, and it was torturous how bad the interface was in retrospect. I would hate to have my fond memories of CnC ruined in a similar manner...
ForceRun
You know the orginal C&C feels a little slow and basic, but still is fun, and it may not hold up to when it was first released but is playable and enjoyable.
andy26
does it have online servers???
wabik90
... I've just downloaded it and install.... and it doesn't work. I'm sad Sad It looks like it is version for win98(eee... strange) and I have winXP... Did you have some similar problems??
girisimselradyoloji
is there any link for free game
Pikokola
hmm... I'll d/l it.. at least it's easier to play than those which released in Playstation (I hope...)
votd
I liked Icy Tower, I could play it for hours. Amazing time consumer, better than any game out there (really!). Although it's not so good in graphics or sound, but it's just... entertraining ;].

And duh, I love Super Mario. I often play it during classes on my SE k550i with vNES emulator. Well, one day the teacher caught me and told me to read some boring book with 400 pages, but no, I won't regret playing Super Mario xD.
Arnie
Lol Icy Tower was fun, except the sound got annoying when you where doing MEGA ULTRA SUPER combo jumps... Laughing Besides there's this one guy with ridiculous records that you really don't want to try to beat.
traxion
cool

C&C game are always good lets play some old skool stuff
infobankr
Man I still haven't gotten around to trying out the free C&C. I have XP installed via Parallels but its not the same... Confused
©Wolfie
You liked Sim City 2? Try this!

http://lincity.sourceforge.net/ = Lin City

This game was first developed for Linux distro's. But they didn't developed it since the first release. What a shame. Anyway, the developers are back and are trying to make a nice game. This is a nice release. Every Sim City fan schould try this.

I liked it.

WOLF.
kicy
Awesome, I'm going to download it now.
achowles
Has anyone tried 2moons yet? http://2moons.acclaim.com/index.htm

I haven't but I was considering looking into it. If anyone has any feedback about it then let me know.
dfebb
Ever play Transport Tycoon?
Transport Tycoon Deluxe?

OpenTTD

Chances are you know it, but this is the community-based enhancement of the old game.
They've taken an awesome game, and made it more awesome.

In pure awesomeness, there's few free pieces of software out there that match it.

Download it and participate. You won't regret it.
Arnie
Except the last time I checked, you had to get the original datafiles off a TC disc for it to work.
David_Pardy
That's true, but the datafiles are incredibly easy to come by.

Check the OpenTTD forum.
dac_nip
any idea why EA made it available for free? i hope this works out to be great.
soldeinvierno
There is a very cool online free soccer game. Go to www.powerchallenge.com and enjoy!
gudines
For me the best game is Battle for middle earth I and II