FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Advanced Wars for GBA

wabik90
I like GBA games(don't know why, maybe because they are a little bit oldschool Smile ) so i decided to check Advanced Wars(probably the best strategy game for GBA). I just turn it off, and the first thing i noticed was nice music motive(a little similar to the one form "We will rock you" Queen). Then i saw a beautiful blonde lady, which is player's tutor in this game. She said that i should finish training missions first, so i turn on the training(I can't refuse to this beautiful Lady Very Happy !).
Till now I've just finished about 6 missions but I have to say I enjoyed very much. It's great game, sound effects are very good, music is good, graphic is cool, and the gameplay(or somthin'... I don't remember how it's called) OWNS!!

All you have to do... PLAY Very Happy
brokenadvice
Yeah, my brother plays that game all the time. Advanced wars 2 is supposed to be really good too.
enternaldr
I have both Advance Wars and Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising.
I really liked the second one. It has more troops and the missions are kinda harder.
Loghete
enternaldr wrote:
I have both Advance Wars and Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising.
I really liked the second one. It has more troops and the missions are kinda harder.

More troops? It has one single troop kind more. Razz
blk3
It was my favorite GBA game before I sold my GBA. Best when it comes to strategy games there is also a new DS version of it too. you may want to check that out.
Ghengis
Are they making a version for the Wii? I had heard a rumor, but nothing since somewhere around launch day, this time last year. That would kick ass -- esp. with online multiplayer.
Insanity
It's a great multiplayer game because you can just have one GBA and pass it around with your friends, even if they don't have the game itself. It's also more strategy than you woul dthink.
Emmer-Compascuum
I've spent a lot of time in that game, trying to get S-ranks for every mission on the highest difficulty levels. O.o The Advance Wars series are very good (at least, the first two are; I never had the opportunity to play Dual Strike with my crappy budget nowadays). I was a bit disappointed about the small number of new units in Advance Wars 2, and also about the fact that you can't place Black Hole objects other than pipelines on the map. Aah, I love those days when we went outside during the breaks at school to play Advance Wars against each other. <3