FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FIFA 2008

SpellcasterDX
Who has the game? Who's going to buy it? For those who do have the game: what do you think of it so far? What do you dislike/like about it?

I (well, my dad did, actually) bought it for me on the release day. Except he got the PS3 version rather than the PS2 version so I had to wait till the 11th to get it.

Anyway I think it's a nice improvement over FIFA 07. It's still got its glitches here and there, but what game doesn't? I like the freedom it gives now with the manual crossing/through balls. I also like that it's much more challenging to score a goal. Last year you could practically run through the defense. Also the goalkeepers make some nice saves this year, unlike last year.

I give it an 8.5 overall. The gameplay is very nice, the graphics are probably at the best they can be, the menus are kind of confusing at times, and manager mode is back with some good improvements.
Liques
I don't know if I will buy it... maybe yes.
Indyan
I am not a big fan of the fifa series. I am actually waiting for Pro Evo Soccer 08.
_AVG_
I really love it!

It's such an awesome game!

Though I think that it is somewhat similar to FIFA 07, especially the Manager Mode.
newso
I think this is the best football game ever. I have it on PS3. Normal game play very much like fifa 07. But online play and be a pro mode, so unique.

Brilliant, i used to be a pro fan. Not anymore, fifa 08 rules.
SpellcasterDX
_AVG_ wrote:
I really love it!

It's such an awesome game!

Though I think that it is somewhat similar to FIFA 07, especially the Manager Mode.

What version do you have? The PS2 version manager mode has some nice features. It has mid-week training sessions (Thought they don't actually show them), and (I'm not sure if it's in next-gen or not) pre-season friendlies. Plus, keepers can get injured and sent off just like in real life.
MsRedImp
Fifa 2008 for the Nintendo Wii is awful, very bad game play. About 50 different controls and hard to do, no fun in the game. I will wait for Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, in fact I think it might be out today?
agustin
I wanna try this game. I love soccer games!
Psycho_X52
I don't like it!
My first game was FIFA 2002 which I enjoyed a lot. My second FIFA game was 2004. I loved the gameplay, but I didn't likethe strategy: at fifa 2002 you could select let's say 3-4-3 and then you could modify forward, middle and defence:
This is 3-4-3 standard:
Code:

From 2004 to 2007 you couldn't customize your strategy. Even FIFA 2007 3D (cell phone game) had 3-4-3-A, 3-4-3-B, 3-4-3-C.
3-4-3-C:
Code:

Now I installed FIFA 08 just for the strategy editor, which it is very good.
To rate the game I would say:
Music: (I don't really care) : 9/10
Sound: 9/10
Menu: 10/10
Innovation: 10/10 (strategy editor, one-player-game, one-line-game)
Gameplay: 2/10.
08 resembles at gameplay with 98. Players aren't dynamic...

From FIFA series I like the most Uefa Champions League: 2006-2007.
kuhdorf
i like that game ! someone tried to play it on a psp? its very well!
mattchun
Even a person like me who love sports such as football and basketball to death, doestn't like these kinds of sports game by EA Sports. It's like a entertainment product more than a reflection of true games, which means they focus little on the reality of a game but place much much much importance on how people play the game with fun, even if there will be many unbelievable action, or score or pass in the pc game which will never in a true game.
carlokes
Hi there,

The FIFA series in my opinion are quite dead compared to the PES series. Ever since PES takeover the crown from FIFA, EA has been struggling not to make an original and good game, rich with gameplay but has been trying to recover his crown. From personal experience, unless EA start to think the FIFA games with having PES in their heads, they will never make a FIFA game like the first ones where no soccer games like this type existed.

Stay Cool !!
girisimselradyoloji
fifa 2008 link?
Samaar
Well I have to say that Fifa 08 is amazing.
yeah the graphics of PES are better...but when it comes to gameplay, I have to say that it is really close.

Myself I preferr Fifa because there always coming with something new...not like PES. I Highly recomend you to try the Pro Mode on Fifa, its great!

@girisimselradyoloji

send me a pm, for the fifa links
lukand
Samaar wrote:
Well I have to say that Fifa 08 is amazing.
yeah the graphics of PES are better...but when it comes to gameplay, I have to say that it is really close.

Myself I preferr Fifa because there always coming with something new...not like PES. I Highly recomend you to try the Pro Mode on Fifa, its great!

@girisimselradyoloji

send me a pm, for the fifa links

On my computer don't work fifa 2008 but PES work on my computer
ShadowAssassin
i got it, its AMAZING!!!!! i got it ffor ps2 and ps3, i like the loading for ps3 haha... best loading IN THE WORLD!!!! i wonder if i should get it for psp.. how is it there?
david901
i have got fifa 08 for ps2 and my laptop and they are both REALLY GREAT I LOVE THE GAME to bits i would get it for pc if anything the graffics are way way way better in my apinin and in many other apinins a laptop would be better than a PS2 graffics and more controle and everything is just better on a pc but im a pc gamer so that is y i love pc games better than normal console games people have there own apinins Smile
ShadowAssassin
david901 wrote:
i have got fifa 08 for ps2 and my laptop and they are both REALLY GREAT I LOVE THE GAME to bits i would get it for pc if anything the graffics are way way way better in my apinin and in many other apinins a laptop would be better than a PS2 graffics and more controle and everything is just better on a pc but im a pc gamer so that is y i love pc games better than normal console games people have there own apinins Smile

Im a ps2/3 gamer, but i play world of warcraft more, so sometimes i consider myself a pc gamer
evans05
hello all. i was a die hard pro evo fan, but then this game came out, the be a pro offline training was brill. got me hooked, its defo alot harder to score a goal now, with most through balls not actually making it unless you time it right. recently the 5 vs 5 has just come out for xbox live, it is the best thing you will ever play on a football game and worth the buy just for that.
_AVG_
Yes, about the Manager Mode, there are some new features such as Midweek Training, Pre-Season Friendlies, etc. but there are still some minor bugs in the Manager Mode.

When will they correct the bug where two matches are played on the same day? I mean, that is absurd. How can two matches ever be played on the same day?

Also, sometimes, friendlies that are supposed to be Pre Season are played after the season! Why does that happen?

Also, I thought that they would make prices, contracts, transfers and even Board Expectations realistic ... which they didn't. They left all these the same as FIFA 07.

One last thing --> What's the use of installing the Czech and Irish league if they don't get European Spots?
war3brasil
I preffer wining eleven, aways owned fifa. but fifa is very fun in some aspects too
vsbull
Hello, I'm going to buy it today. I've heard alot of nice reviews from friends. Hope it lives up to my expectations for FIFA games. Can't wait to try it on line.
Ferion
Very nice game !
Bengt
It's always cool to see the yearly new items in it in my opinion Smile
spykE
Well I've played the demo on Xbox 360 and it sure looks impressive and I'd like to buy it but the money isn't there, well I got more important things first to buy. Friend of mine got it atm and we played it online on my Xbox 360 and it sure kicks ass. When it lowers in price I might get it, but I'm not going to pay the full 60 euros I think.

I've always played Fifa 07 & 06 before on the old Xbox and I have to say the new one is really good, it's been built from the ground up, not those boring old graphics anymore, looks really good. Well I wouldnt recommend buying the game on PC, cause that version still has the sloppy graphics, because its just a PS2 port, I hope EA games will finally release the game next year on PC aswell with next-gen graphics, cause now it's really not fair and they are just trying to make big money with false advertising and such.