FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Video advertisement?

xkobram
Last time I was searching for some tabs, I have noticed video advertisement on some video music school. It was showing one of lessons. It was like any other videos on internet, this one was by Google.

Maybe you think 'what a fool - haven't seen video add on internet before', but I find it very interesting - it is not like other ads, but it shows the content of product you are buying. It can be good for advertising games, movies or any other thing presented in video. It really cough my eye and I think it's great thing.

What do you think?
ftv_flung
These have been around for a while Wink

But yeah, they are very useful for consumers and catch their attention etc. plus it's interactive.
SpellcasterDX
Yea they are useful and are probably going to start being used more and more by big businesses to make more money. Hehe like all things.

And they're better than text ads, too.
makifersoy
you are not the only one Smile i haven't also seen that advertisements
xkobram
makifersoy wrote:
you are not the only one Smile i haven't also seen that advertisements

Oh I felt like I live on trees reading first two responses...
I hope that it's not prohibited to post here a link to it (it's like advertisement for advertisement), but I have seen one on Ultimate-Guitar and Bassmasta. Ads are made by Google.
andy26
iv had one of these video advertisments on my website before but since i rebuilt my site iv never seen one again.
xkobram
andy26 wrote:
iv had one of these video advertisments on my website before but since i rebuilt my site iv never seen one again.

And what was the reason you have it there? It was you with idea or you just have chosen from advert offer of some advert site?
gibbo
Google adsense automaticly decides what advert content is displayed, so you dont have any pic on what ad to chooes.
xkobram
gibbo wrote:
Google adsense automaticly decides what advert content is displayed, so you dont have any pic on what ad to chooes.

Oh, I though that...
kiranaghor
sounds interesting
theem
it really is interesting but it'll consume too much bandwidth of the users ...

I like flash advertising (lite weight - ads that doesn't suck ur bandwidth ) Very Happy
xkobram
theem wrote:

I like flash advertising (lite weight - ads that doesn't suck ur bandwidth ) Very Happy

You don't have to play the video if you do not want to.

I don't like flash, cause it flashes and disturb me. I use ad filter on that...
amysanders
I hate the flashing ads, the worst ad iv ever seen was that annoying flying nat type thing
Urban
xkobram wrote:
theem wrote:

You don't have to play the video if you do not want to.

I don't like flash, cause it flashes and disturb me. I use ad filter on that...

I think he's talking about flash format banner Wink Personally I HATE flash banner, we can't block them! Even with the best firefox add-ons to block ads, it's just not possible! I also hate the video banner with sound, it's so disturbing.. I'm listing to my music and I heard some nerd talking about how fun is this website, then I click on the button to put the sound off and when my mouse go over the ad, I get a FULL SCREEN ad.. There should be a law to send in jail the scripters of these ads, hell yeah ! :p
xkobram
Urban wrote:

Personally I HATE flash banner, we can't block them! Even with the best firefox add-ons to block ads, it's just not possible!

Are you talking about flash floating banner? Cause some I have flash banners blocked by browser like .gif banners. (ABP in FireFox) I used to use Maxthon and plugin "Kill floating ad" Nice thing.

I think Maxthon is better for blocking ads. But it uses only explorer core, not internet explorer so it's got some mistakes on some sites (so has FireFox.)