FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Great Books (series) banned by the pope.

Who doesn't like the new Pope banning good books?
Me
100%
 100%  [ 9 ]
Not Me
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

kiwi
The new pope has made Harry Potter and Da Vinci Code a banned book.
Any reasons why?
digressive
link please? I can't find anything about HP being banned. Da Vinci is a horrible book, from a literary standpoint, so no great loss.
deswyt
banned the human creativity is so terrible
gh0stface
Well, I recall something about the Harry Potter books being banned. Mainly because how it "promoted" witchcraft as a religion.

But I don't remember if the Pope was behind it or not. I just know a bunch of Christianity groups were crying about the Harry Potter books. I think the previous Pope actually supported the Harry Potter books because it promoted the right moral values, how it was good vesus evil, and encouraged kids to read.
pevensie
Maybe 'horrible' is an extreme word, but I think it's...pretty bad that they're banning books like that. If they have something against them, though why would they?, they should have people read them and talk about why they're bad or something, rather then just treating them like little children who can't understand anything and saying 'Don't read these books!'
bewald
Well, while the DaVinci code had extremely interesting ideas, I understand why the Pope would ban this book.

(a little bit of a spoiler if you haven't read it...)
It goes directly against the accepted doctrines of Catholicism that Jesus would have been married, let alone to a former prostitute. According to the DaVinci code, Mary Magdalene bore Christ's child and so the Chalice rather than a relic actual cup of Christ would be a human being who has the blood of Christ. So it is a little sacreligious to some Christians/Catholics.

Personally, I am a Christian but I find the theory interesting and do not completely disregard it.
Camel
In my opinion - every one should read what ever he want.
It's personal will, to quote books...
I don't like censorship with help of prists or church heretics Wink