FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What happened to my pc?

WebKitten
My HP Pavilion just went off with the CD in there.
I do not know what happened, It wound turn back on again. Tried to get the CD out, but can not even take the driver apart... way tooo tight
Crying or Very sad
MrBlueSky
There is a tiny little pinhole in front of the drive, somewhere near the drive door. Unfold a paperclip and push it into this little hole. Then push and poke until the drive opens a bit. Now you can pull the drive open and take the CD out. This doesn't solve the problem, but at least you have your CD back. Smile
RiCtee
WebKitten wrote:
My HP Pavilion just went off with the CD in there.

Is it a laptop or desktop computer?
SgtGarcia
I don't think the cd was the problem. You are saying your computer turned of and will not turn on again. Did you notice a burned smell shortly after this happened? It's possible your power supply failed, in that case none of the components in your computer gets any power anymore. The solution is quite simple, replace you power supply. It would be better to check if this is the case before you go and buy a new power supply, although you can probably get one for only 50 bucks.
I can give a better opinion if you give more information about your computer (laptop or desktop, specifications)
andy26
yea i would say its your power supply there not that expensive to replace i think.
ssthanapati
I think your power supply just died...
dac_nip
dude..its simple, you have no power input. its either the power supply is busted or you don't have battery left to power up your laptop..or is this a PC? sorry, a pc..probably power supply or the power chords are not intact..just double check them..whooh,,
doppleganger
firstly can u specify is it a laptop or a desktop

secondly is there power to your computer

try ejecting the cd using a paper clip or a pin

and then let us know
XeononyX
I also vote for the power supply, but it can also be the surge protector your computer is plugged into it is this if all the other components of your computer turned off too (monitor, printer, etc). Also it can be fuses in either one of those pieces too, sometimes severe weather can cause power spikes, it is here when fuses can be blown, if you feel mechanically inclined enough you can change the power supply fuse yourself, but if you are not I do not suggest that because tinkering with powersupplies can be dangersous, and the hazards alone would warrant me to tell you to go buy a new one. However sometimes computer companies (like dell, HP, etc) use specific equipment and you may need to get special equipment.

All in all: depending on the age of your system if it still within manufacturers warranty or any extended warranites you may of purchased, I would go that route because the nature of the computer business it is more than likely an outdated system and their only answer would be to fix it or upgrade you with a newer system. If it is in warranty I suggest not to open the case because this will more than likely void any warranties you may of purhased.

I hope this helps.
BPrice
is there anything that you where doing to the pc when it deid or recently (ie: moveing it or instaling on hardware ect).

If there is anything you can think of then I would sugest that you undo what you did before you replace the power suply to prevent the same thing happening again.

If ouy where moveing the computer than check all the conections on the back to check that all wires are conected properly.
Loghete
MrBlueSky wrote:
There is a tiny little pinhole in front of the drive, somewhere near the drive door. Unfold a paperclip and push it into this little hole. Then push and poke until the drive opens a bit. Now you can pull the drive open and take the CD out. This doesn't solve the problem, but at least you have your CD back. Smile

Hey wow, never noticed that hole! Thanks, might be useful to know in the future.
adeydas
if its a laptop plug it into an ac power outlet and try switching it on. if it doesn't work, your power system has probably failed and you have to replace it.