FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Can you love more then one person at a time?






Can someone Be in love with more then one person
No, I think it is absolutely impossible
29%
 29%  [ 10 ]
I am not sure
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Yes, you may love more then one before your true love comes along
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Yes, I think we can love more then one person at all times
44%
 44%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 34

WebKitten
I think there are a lot of people that can be in love with more then one person at the same time.
Have you seen the movie "gloomy sunday"?

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/198498/Gloomy-Sunday/overview[/img]
Magicman
There are varying degrees and types of love so it is very possible to love two people at the same time. I have never seen the movie.
I think this topic should be moved to the Relationships forum.
Kaisonic
I haven't seen the movie, but I certainly think it is possible to love more than one person at a time. However, it is much rarer for someone to love more than one person with the same degree of love. For example, you could love someone a little bit, and you could love someone a lot, but it's rather rare to love both persons equally a lot or a little. Well, I guess a little is more common - I guess my point is that only one person is usually able to be at the very top of the love spectrum, but it usually happens that there are multiple people within the spectrum altogether.
ninjakannon
I like what Kaisonic said there, but I'm still not sure.

I'm regarding:
Love as: true love.
A little love as: fancying somebody.

I'm not sure it's possible to actually love two people at the same time, remembering what I said above. Fancy, yes, I know that it's common to fancy more than one person at once. Some you may prefer, as Kaisonic said. But to actually be truly in love with two people, I do not know.

The poll suggests that it may only be possible to fall in love truly once in a lifetime, this I disagree with as there are plenty of cases where people have loved again after loosing the love of their life, for example.
mjohnson
I can not believe that somebody just love one person at a time.but if the true love come,maybe he or she will only love the one.
Hunterseaker
I think you can love multiple people, tho as Kaisonic said, you will always love someone more then the other. As in a relationship: When you cheat on someone, there is a great chance that you love both persons. You love your husband/wife, tho you also started to fancy/love another person. Tho the degree of love for both persons is never the same I think. If it would happens that often, you love multiple people at the same degree it could better be possible to marry multiple persons....
ninjakannon
Hunterseaker wrote:
If it would happens that often, you love multiple people at the same degree it could better be possible to marry multiple persons....

But would you then be able to love them all equally? Or would your wives/husbands just become obsolete, there for your pleasure?

Some patriarchal societies do allow the men to marry many women, usually they do not love them all but fancy them because they have good bodies (or for some other possibly useful but culture specific reason). I haven't heard of any matriarchal societies that have a similar system to this.

Personally, I thoroughly disagree with marrying multiple persons.
Hunterseaker
ninjakannon wrote:
Hunterseaker wrote:
If it would happens that often, you love multiple people at the same degree it could better be possible to marry multiple persons....

But would you then be able to love them all equally? Or would your wives/husbands just become obsolete, there for your pleasure?

Some patriarchal societies do allow the men to marry many women, usually they do not love them all but fancy them because they have good bodies (or for some other possibly useful but culture specific reason). I haven't heard of any matriarchal societies that have a similar system to this.

Personally, I thoroughly disagree with marrying multiple persons.

I never said it is a good idea to allow people to marry multiple people.
I disagree with it too.
I think you are never able to love them all equally. Only in the case it does happen(I think that isn't gonna happen that often) a lot you can allow people to marry multiple people..... Tho it just never happens.... When you marry people just because you want to have multiple pleasure it is totally wrong.....
Aless
I think there are varying degrees of 'love', which people tend to confuse. As for deep, real, true love, I don't think it's possible to have that for more than one person at a time.

I think it is possible to find new love after another has passed (through separation or death), though.
Lukero
Love is unlimited. You can "distribute" this love among more than one person.
Don't tell me that when you get a girlfriend, you'll stop loving your parents?
ninjakannon
Lukero wrote:
Love is unlimited. You can "distribute" this love among more than one person.
Don't tell me that when you get a girlfriend, you'll stop loving your parents?

But these are two different types of love! You do not love your parents, siblings or friends whom you are close to in the same way as you love a girlfriend or boyfriend. Of course you can love more than one person who is close to you, because this is a different type of love. When you are actually attracted to someone the feeling is different, I can't explain the difference or tell you much about either type of love, it's a complicated subject.

Getting technical, it all comes down to the chemistry of the human body; the love you feel for someone you are attracted to uses the same part of the brain as addiction does. I would assume that the love you feel for your parents does not. Interestingly, you can be addicted to more than one thing at a time - for example, cigarettes and a drug of some sort, thus explaining why you can love [be attracted to] more than one person at a time.

So, can you be addicted to two things in equal proportions? This is a really interesting question, can anyone enlighten me? I've never smoked, done drugs or been addicted to any chemical of any form so I just don't know.
friuser
Love is love. I don't kow why people need to separate, distinguish, quantify or even modify the meaning of love to a particular thing or sub classify it. Doesn't it cheapen what love is?

So absolutely I believe you can love more than one person at a time. You may prefer or choose to display that love different to different people but isn't that still love?

For the record if you are addicted to say alcohol for example... it doesnt' really matter what brand it is. Also when you are "addicted" to multiple things. I don't think it stops being called an addiction.
missdixy
friuser wrote:
Love is love. I don't kow why people need to separate, distinguish, quantify or even modify the meaning of love to a particular thing or sub classify it. Doesn't it cheapen what love is?



It definitely doesn't cheap what love is. Love is, first and foremost, a very relative term.
ThornsOfSorrow
Hmm...This should probably be in the relationships forum!

-moved-
frozenhead
I think you "cannot love" two different person in the same context. Love is a broad thing if we dig in to it. My opinion is when we love more than one person, I think is same way of saying that we love "something" in "someone", not the person as him/her self. There is always a certain level that you love someone more over someone and that can define the line.
Da Rossa
The love I know is meant to be exclusive to a single person.
molif
if you can love more then one person at one time... that isn't love...
Da Rossa
molif wrote:
if you can love more then one person at one time... that isn't love...


Wisely told!
Flarkis
molif wrote:
if you can love more then one person at one time... that isn't love...


Probably the most logical thing said yet.

I would say it depends on the type of love. The love i feel for my family i can feel for many people. But a love that i would feel for a girlfriend or wife should only be felt toward one person.

Markus
smartpandian
Quote:
molif wrote:
if you can love more then one person at one time... that isn't love..


though logical...

but what would you say... if one loves more then one person at different point of time...
dan751
Trust me, when dealing with love, you cannot love more than 1 person at a time, that is, regards true love. You will end up loving one and not loving the other. And, you'll just be setting yourself up for a lot of trouble when (not if) one of them finds out.
azbuky
Untill a while ago, I thought I was in love with two persons. But I was definetelly wrong, because if you are in love for real, you don't even consider other persons, but to fall in love with them?? No way! I think you will agree with me when you will fall in love for real!
Sphaerenkern
To love someone means to me that I like this person the most and want to spend my entire life with her.
But I would say there are situations you can't decide who you really love because you like both so much.
So it depends much on what you call love - to like a person so much you want to always be with her? To like a person the most?
ariannefaye
I'm not sure coz i think i loved two people at the same but i don't know if the other one was love or just me being selfish lolx ... but loving two people at the same time can be possible Smile lolx
Aleksandroz
Yes, I believe people can be in love with to persons at a same time!

I am now falling in love with to girls Shocked
Da Rossa
Aleksandroz wrote:
Yes, I believe people can be in love with to persons at a same time!

I am now falling in love with to girls Shocked


I'll tell you what: you're nothing but confused. Trust me.
asim
Hi,

well how many of you think that, one can't love two person at one time.... im currently having two girlfrens.... i love both of them.... deep my heart... i dont have words to describe my feeling's, and im planning to get married with them Shocked dont be amazed if i get... i will post the same here..... i think they will understand me.... i gonnna have a meet and tell them about this.... wish me luck... Very Happy
asim
Da Rossa wrote:
Aleksandroz wrote:
Yes, I believe people can be in love with to persons at a same time!

I am now falling in love with to girls Shocked


I'll tell you what: you're nothing but confused. Trust me.


im not confused, im on right way.... and this will lead me... i'll try out my best... to have them both.......
Da Rossa
asim wrote:
Da Rossa wrote:
Aleksandroz wrote:
Yes, I believe people can be in love with to persons at a same time!

I am now falling in love with to girls Shocked


I'll tell you what: you're nothing but confused. Trust me.


im not confused, im on right way.... and this will lead me... i'll try out my best... to have them both.......


Have them both? I'm sorry, that's not genuine.
luzenkock
I never tried before. My love was never happened on more than 1 person simultaneously.
Miriah
Everyone has their own energy or spirit and each person can love many people and can be loved by many people, but no matter what we do, we will never love anyone the same as we love someone else. I can say that I love my children, and that I would die for my children. But I do not love them the same...I don't try to tell them I love them the same. They understand and think that it is really cool that I will never love anyone the way that I love each one of them. One of my daughters is 10, and the other one is 8. I admit they are older...and this concept wouldn't work for smaller children (or would it?)...but it works for my girls.

I have loved each person (mate, child, friend, or other relative) in my life in a different way. I agree somewhat with the people that have mentioned not being able to balance more than one relationship at a time. That would be extraordinarily difficult. Maybe some could handle it...and I have heard of people being able to handle it, but I am not sure I could ever do it. One thought on having more than one mate at a time though.... Each person can be loved individually, for themselves. Each person has their own energy...and each person "feels" different from other people when I am around them. This is how I identify "love" for them...I love them, and I identify each person separately by the way that they "feel"...the energy that I can "feel" when I am around that person. Each person has their own marker this way. So I do think that a person that has more than one mate could actually love them all...

Then there is love for a pet too. Even pets (dogs, cats, horses, iguanas, and so on) all have individual energy signatures as well. When I lose someone, it is just like loving someone that is with me....I will never love anyone the way that I loved them... Because they are different than everyone else. Some energy feels similar, but it is never the same. Before I came to this realization for myself about love...I had tried to "replace" a pet that I lost. It cannot be done. Not for me...it is never the same.

This is the way that I understand love.

I like Frihost forums, by the way... I can read all kinds of views and post my own...and so far no one has tried to drive me away for believing like I do. I don't know where to post a "good site" "great job" "keep it up" type of thing....but I like the community here.... Speaking of relationships... There are good relationships between people here....I haven't seen anyone "knock" anyone else for being different or having a different opinion.... So great job Frihost (and people on Frihost)!! Smile
mimsxmassacre
If its family yeah. If your talking about boyfriend girlfriend relationships then no not really unless your into all that lets take a break crap and meet and have sex with other people. If you like two people choose the one you think you will be able to be around better. Its all about who you really love what your heart tells you.

You probably feel you can see yourself with each person but not with both. If you can see yourself with both, you have to think that if you try that and they find out, you will more than likely lose both. Don't do that to yourself. Either chose on or the other or give yourself for a break for a while. If your not with either one of them for a little bit you'll be able to think more clearly and maybe make your choice.
JustCarol
Well I think it's impossible to LOVE more than one person at a time... I mean, LOVE is one thing and PASSION or ATRACTION other different things.... if you think carefully about it, you'll see that there's reasons for us to want to be with someone and all this, if balanced, will give you an answer... there's someone that you want to spend your life with and other one that atracts you for some reasons but still, if you had to make a choice (IF YOU SIMPLY HAD TO!) who would you choose to spend forever time with?
Chucky
Look, you will not expect someone to stay like a log of wood minding his or her own business and his or her life keeps on passing her or him by all in the name of waiting for the right person. To me every one is the right Person only if you can be desciplined to handle yourself so that you can enjoy the other. THAT IS LIFE (NOTE).
pollux1er
I think it possible because when you love somebody, in fact it is a particular caracter you are keen fo in that person.You can love two person having different caracters. Not the same. But one thing is sure, if you are asked to make a choice, you will be able to choose one of them with no regrets.
Da Rossa
pollux1er wrote:
I think it possible because when you love somebody, in fact it is a particular caracter you are keen fo in that person.You can love two person having different caracters. Not the same. But one thing is sure, if you are asked to make a choice, you will be able to choose one of them with no regrets.


In my opinion, that's admiration, not love. Love is more powerful, and some particular characteristics are not enough to trigger it. It must be the 'complex'.
karrupin
I never seriously fallin in love, but I do got a crush for two people <-if that counts for love Question
Da Rossa
karrupin wrote:
I never seriously fallin in love, but I do got a crush for two people <-if that counts for love Question


No. That's exactly the mistake about this issue the people are making: they think that feeding personal desires for multiple people fits the description of love.
if you love someone, then start loving someone else, then you automatically stop loving the first. If not, you still haven't reached the "love" status for the second person.
pollux1er
Da Rossa wrote:
karrupin wrote:
I never seriously fallin in love, but I do got a crush for two people <-if that counts for love Question


No. That's exactly the mistake about this issue the people are making: they think that feeding personal desires for multiple people fits the description of love.
if you love someone, then start loving someone else, then you automatically stop loving the first. If not, you still haven't reached the "love" status for the second person.


So what i first said according to your opinion is not love, ok. But one thing you ignore is that they are people who see admiration like love. Live with a friend forever because one admire him or her. That can be couple love. If many couple are based on this philosophy, loving many people at the same time become possible... Wink
Da Rossa
Oops, now I get it. So there was a miscommunication here: I was assuming that the love the topic starter was referring to was not the friendship love. Being "different kinds" of love, then it's possible. However you cannot, imo, love more than one person so much that you would marry them both.
Related topics
Love is Love
When Do you say you had enough in love?
Art of writing love-letters
Want to know if LOVE is real?
Hi!, I'm from God's Own Country
Love Poem-Goodbye forever..
Love - Fantasy or REAL?
Have you ever dumped someone and realized it was a mistake?
Philosophical definition of LOVE
Do good dancing skills make a person more attractive?
Love Lust and Age
When do you know that you are with the love of your life?
Love: Understanding as time passes?
Love - Interesting Poll INSIDE
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Relationships

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.