FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photoshop?

TheLegendsUnite
Does anyone know a place where I can buy photoshop for cheap? It looks like a really cool product and I want to try it out but it costs sooooo much.
Drvanger
Try GIMP! GIMP is an open source and free alternative of Photoshop. You can find more information about GIMP on: [url]www.gimp.org [/url]
dac_nip
The price is fixed. the difference lies in the taxes and additional prices. try the adobe retail service.
Handyman
Find a college student to buy it for you. You can get CS3 premium suite for $399 at a college for the student version. That is the cheapest it can be bought for unless you ebay an older version.
Ankhanu
Yup, Photoshop and cheap aren't friends. They don't hang out until Photoshop stops being popular (current).

GIMP is a decent alternative for free, but it is not the same as Photoshop, nor as powerful... It is a viable alternative though.
myrevolt
Not as powerful as the Photoshop in their Creative Suites, Photoshop elements is pretty good for beginners (layer styles aren't customizable unfortunately AFAIK). I bought elements 2.0 for $100-50mailinrebate=$50 but that was several years ago, I think the latest version is 5.0. Look in your local store flyers, office depot, microcenter, staples and frys.
fiendskull9
the Gimp can be expanded to be just as powerful (if not more) as photoshop

and its definitely more powerful in a sense of its power to the people :]
badai
be careful when you buy cheap software online. it's known that some site just sell cracked pirated software.
Mememe
fiendskull9 wrote:
the Gimp can be expanded to be just as powerful (if not more) as photoshop

and its definitely more powerful in a sense of its power to the people :]

Well, you could say GIMP is sorta like a trial version of PS.
bulek
You can get cracked, illegal version of Photoshop for free, but I don't recommend it if you are planning to work with it more seriously or for money.
However, you can always get GIMP for free. This is a open-source program for image editing like Photoshop is. In my opinion, it's not as powerful as Photoshop is, but you can make almost as much things as you can do with Photoshop.
b4r4t
Remember, that Adobe have wierd licence policy. You have to have licence for Your region if not country.

You have to find authorised authorized Reseller, because buying used Photoshop from someone isn't that easy like buying game Smile

http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/Gen_WWCombinedCS2.pdf

I don't like such policy... but what can I do ?
inventor
If you're a school student you may want to check your school website or talk to your schools tech department. Sometimes you can get a couple hundred dollars off for an educational license.
vineeth
Educational license are comparatively cheap but does that have all features of a full version?
b4r4t
vineeth wrote:
Educational license are comparatively cheap but does that have all features of a full version?

Photoshop itself is fully functionable , but You can't earn on Your works ... It's only for lerning, If You will start business (like Web Design) then You have to buy full license ...
Mememe
If you just want to test it out, just download it off the Adobe.com website, and you get a 30 days trial.
romaop
Mememe wrote:
If you just want to test it out, just download it off the Adobe.com website, and you get a 30 days trial.

Let's add the site address:
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop

Well, you register and get photoshop for 30 days.

If you want to try other adobe products, look at this site:
http://www.adobe.com/special/try_buy/trial_availability.html
bulek
Price for Photoshop is fixed, but maybe you should try out Adobe Photoshop Elements. It's not as powerful as Photoshop is, but maybe you don't even need additional functions which are in Photoshop. You should also try out GIMP, which is free open-source alternative for Photoshop. It doesn't have so nice interface, but it is pretty powerful. You can extend it's abilities with installing additional plugins as well.
Ratmaster
You should really try Paint.NET; it can make a lot.
InsanePL
In Poland students can buy Photoshop CS3 for 175zł it`s something about 70$ or less. So if You got friends in Poland, ask them Smile
b4r4t
InsanePL wrote:
In Poland students can buy Photoshop CS3 for 175zł it`s something about 70$ or less. So if You got friends in Poland, ask them Smile

But this will be against Adobe Policy. You have to Buy Photoshop in Your cantry, with Licence for You or something like that. Look few posts before for link to Adobe licence policy Smile

And still ... this photoshop will be only for study - You can't earn profits on it (for example use for web design for cash)
misterXY
b4r4t wrote:
InsanePL wrote:

But this will be against Adobe Policy. You have to Buy Photoshop in Your cantry, with Licence for You or something like that. Look few posts before for link to Adobe licence policy Smile

And still ... this photoshop will be only for study - You can't earn profits on it (for example use for web design for cash)

but if ur making the $ couldn't you just buy a license later? Rolling Eyes
b4r4t
misterXY wrote:
b4r4t wrote:
InsanePL wrote:

but if ur making the $ couldn't you just buy a license later? Rolling Eyes

Nope, because in this case You are using Photoshop illegaly for earning cash, and than buying PS licence for "stolen" cash Smile

If You want to earn - use GIMP and when You will get $ then buy full Photoshop
GDFC
I believe the best deal you can get is only if your a student. You can go to http://journeyed.com and find single Adobe software and/or the creative suite for more than 50% off. Another way you could do it is even if you are not a student you can get a friend or family member who is. Then, you can ask them to purchase it for you with their student ID and tell them you will give them the money for the purchase. This can work very well and both ways aren't illegal. Good luck finding one!