You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Webmail Question

Well, by using SquirrelMail offered with the hosting, I was able to send emails but not receive any to which I presume to be my default address,

Any thoughts?
It could be a DNS issue. If you recently changed your DNS, the change may not have propogated yet. You could also have a misconfigured Mx record. Either would prevent you from receiving e-mails but you would be able to send.
I haven't changed anything in the configuration. While trying to send a mail using Horde a little earier, I got this message:

[SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 550, response: Verification failed for <> No Such User Here Sender verify failed)]

And this was the failure notice:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
<>: does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 No Such User Here
Giving up on

Does this mean that I have to create an account within Horde database (or that of SquirrelMail- I was able to send with SquirrelMail though), for it to recognise my address?

Thanks for your input.
You should verify your email address. This can be done in the following methods.
You can send an email from SquirrelMail or Horde (doesn't matter) to another email account. Once you receive the email, look to see what email address the message came from.

Use DirectAdmin to select your domain name. Then under E-mail Management click E-mail Accounts. This will display all of your e-mail accounts with the full address.

BTW, my default domain is - not That could be the problem but if you use one of the methods above you will know with certainty what your address is.
Dude, first try it out with the subdomain name as suggested above.. If you get any other complaints, then do post it below!

As you see from the screenshot, my email address by default (par défaut in French) is:

When trying to send a mail, -the recipient's address is valid- it says "error occured when sending the message [translated]... no such user here sender verify failed."

My very default address is inexistant. ???