FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Real "Computer mouse"....OOps !!

cruise005

This might be disturbing for some of you but someone created this computer mouse out of a real mouse! Using a taxidermied mouse, the electronic parts were inserted into its body and it is functional like a computer mouse except for the fury part.

How Cruel ..Isn't it ??
Kamo
That's just sick. I can't understand what use this have... to offend others ? To make me puke?

I don't get it.

Definatelly not funny.
erlendhg
I agree.
That is nothing near funny.
It is discusting!

I can't understand what the resbonsibles have been thinking (if that really was a real mouse).
m-productions
I think that rocks!, and is simply amazing! ( you people need to lighten up). Ive seen loads of skins tho for different mouses tho to make them look like mice, but this is a hole nother level haha..

(and this should be in the humor section maybe?)
JBotAlan
I think I'd seen this before...I find it slightly humorous, but also pretty disgusting. I know I sure wouldn't touch the thing...

It might be fun (read: freaking hilarious) if I got a fake mouse and did this do it. My sister would probably jump out of her skin...she's vegetarian and she got that way because she believes it's cruel to support killing of animals. This might be fun...

Or to replace the mouse on a teacher's workstation...the possibilities are endless.

JBot
a.Bird
Haha. I've seen this before, I'm glad you brought it back. I think the real mouse mouse is a purely genius idea.
riv_
Probably a safe bet this guy doesn't have a cat...
Emmer-Compascuum
Hm, I'd rather have a plush mouse-mouse than a mouse-mouse made of a real mouse. Confused
Peterssidan
A normal mouse will probably work better than that one but it's fun Very Happy not useful.
tikitait
Omg no way Surprised My daughter would flip if she saw that. She loves animals and goes mad when I kill a spider let alone have a real mouse as a pc mouse, mind you I did laugh when I first read it but reality kicked in
paul_indo
Not a bad idea.

Why do people flip out about killing a mouse?

Do you people eat meat? Well, what about killing cows and poor little lambs?
Hey yum yum, lamb chops tonight. Laughing Laughing
ninjakannon
paul_indo wrote:
Do you people eat meat? Well, what about killing cows and poor little lambs?
Hey yum yum, lamb chops tonight. Laughing Laughing

I think the point is that they are killed to eat, this is just for someone's amusement. Furthermore, you don't actually see the features of these creatures when you eat them so it's detached from reality - people 'flip' because they find the actual killing disturbing and "sick". It's just what's I expect from people after seeing reactions to this kind of thing so many times.
mina
i don't like it. it bothers me that someone would use a real mouse to do something like that, especially being a big mouse and rat fan (I have two pet ratties).
it would be funny if it were a fake mouse, but a real mouse is just a step too far.

and yes, i do eat meat. i do feel bad for the cows and lambs, but you gotta eat. i'm not gonna go out and play with dead animal carcasses though, that's just wrong.

i'm sure that no one would be happy with the idea of taking a dog and making a toy out of it for laughs. that's what it equates to in my mind.
Afaceinthematrix
Why? What's the point. I like the idea of having a computer mouse that looks like a mouse, but a fake mouse would suffice. Using a real mouse is just cruel and pointless.
GSIS
Interesting that so many condemn the use of the already dead mouse as a computer mouse, but don't condemn the original use as a stuffed ornament.
Vrythramax
My question is what would make some sicko even attempt that?? I used to raise mice for a local petshop and I also had a computer at the time...I thought it ironic that the pointing device was called a mouse...but to wire one up to use on the pc?

NEVER!
Pkshields
That does just look nasty, but im surprised someone hasn't done it before. Still rather use a plastic one than a real one
unknownc1c
that's just sick..... and disgusting. I'd never use something like that, and i don't know any good reason why anyone would use it <_<
Jaan
It's a nifty little invention. IF the mouse was dead why not? You can Google a tutorial on this so you, too, can turn your dead mouse into a computer mouse!
fredrikjruud
I think I stick to my Razer.
Hunterseaker
I think it was inevitable that someone was going to try this. Tho it is really sick. You move a carcass/dead animal every time you use the pc... Also the reason why that mouse is killed isn't right....
Lukero
Jaan wrote:
It's a nifty little invention. IF the mouse was dead why not? You can Google a tutorial on this so you, too, can turn your dead mouse into a computer mouse!

Why would you want to hold a dead mouse? It's just disgusting!
It's fine if you're preserving it as a specimen but to actually use it as something? We might as well use dead horses to replace the plastic ones in merry-go-rounds.
carlospro7
pff, i guess that's what happens when you name non-living things after living things.
rheanna
Laughing I agree , lighten up.. It kinda of cute. The thing is dead already anyway. Now if he killed the mouse that be a different story. Heck, I fed mice to my snake.
nilsmo
This little joke is just a little joke... Must have been fairly hard to do... It's an optical mouse, right? A ball mouse would've been too hard to make since it has so many moving parts.
kiranaghor
That is sad. Sad
hofodomo01
I am both disgusted and roffle-ing at the same time. I just don't like seeing...little animals in pieces >_<
theem
I actually don't think its real ....

FAKE Confused
Jaan
I wouldn't care if it's disgusting. When you buy dead mouse coats you know they're disease free, or else I wouldn't buy them. Evil or Very Mad
Amnaft
This is just cruel. You don't see someone creating things like, covering a human in bronze or whatever to make a statue, do you?

Whoever made it, shame on them.
desertwind
Disgusting a cruel. This was really not funny.
MrBlueSky
Why should this be cruel? Is this more cruel than eating a dead animal? Is this more cruel than making clothes out of dead animals?
Jaan
How is this cruel? Do you eat hot dogs? Do you eat chicken legs? Do you wear a fur coat?

The only thing different is that it's made to be ironic, to be funny, and that it looks like a real animal.

I'd say if you eat any meat or fish then you're a hypocrite calling this 'cruel'.
Srs2388
I don't see the mouse feeling anything. It's kind of funny but i wouldn't want it on mine because it looks terrible
Roush
That is pretty disgusting, and it makes me a little sad too. Sad
windrei
it's so disguisting and cruel... how can that guy use such horrible thing.... and how could he do that to the little mouse... does he like eating hotdog.......... i don't hope so.....
qscomputing
ninjakannon wrote:
I think the point is that they are killed to eat, this is just for someone's amusement.

I saw that article a while back, if memory serves he bought the mouse from a store selling them as food for cats or something - so he didn't kill the mouse just for his own amusement; he took an already dead mouse. For me, this doesn't seem anywhere near as bad morally.
crimson_aria
I'm sorta afraid of real mouse so I don't think I can go with that kind of stuff. it's interesting though, but yah, kinda pointless for me. I'd rather stick with the normal computer mouse.
rappn
I just say OMG, how disgusting isnt that!?
I wonder what kind of a sick person that came up with that idea, to install a computermouse, into a real mouse, just to show it for the world, i say it again, omg, that is disgusting!
Blaster
Hmm people are giving me bad ideas Razz

Nah i'm just kidding. The way i feel is that this is pretty werid. I would never do that. I think it would gross me out a bit.
vinzes
That is freaky. Not even funny. Confused
plus900
do u see ppl makeing computers out of huemans welll no but thay shuld do this to the person who made this discusting thing
achowles
I've seen them in novelty mouse shapes before, but never an actual mouse. And to those that think it's cruel... you do realise that it's dead don't you? Strangest form of taxidermy I've seen but there's no possibility of cruelty here.
jabapyth
wow. that is disgusting.
You know, maybe it would be funny if they had just made a fake mouse that looked like a mouse, but this??! eww
ninjakannon
achowles wrote:
I've seen them in novelty mouse shapes before, but never an actual mouse. And to those that think it's cruel... you do realise that it's dead don't you? Strangest form of taxidermy I've seen but there's no possibility of cruelty here.

Yeah, I must say that actually as far as I can see it's all been 'cleaned out' and the insides completely removed. For all we know those insides could have been fed to a pet cat or have been put to some perfectly normal use. So, in a way, what's wrong with using the rest of the mouse to do this? It may make a nice, comfy and warmed mouse which could be pretty nice for all we know!

You need to look at this from more than one angle, not simply take the initial 'OMG THAT'S SICK!!' attitude that many of the replies have followed along the lines of.
whitehole
That is hilarious. Got any more good pics??
CMA
Amnaft wrote:
This is just cruel. You don't see someone creating things like, covering a human in bronze or whatever to make a statue, do you?

Whoever made it, shame on them.

Actually, there was this man once who preserved his own wife after she died using taxidermy... Pretty sick, if you ask me...

As for the mouse, if he already bought it like that... Then what's the big deal? Now if you tell me he killed it himself just to make that computer mouse, that's a whole different issue...

It's weird, a little bizarre... But it was an original idea he had there, and it's kinda amusing if you think about it.
emem
insane dude... Rolling Eyes
Utopia GFR
I don't really see the point in posting this kind of stuff.

*Sick*