FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Braces suck

JBotAlan
Hey,

I just had my first 6-week appointment with the orthodontist. They replaced both archwires and I knew within about 1 minute after they put them in that this would be boatloads of fun...I'm back to when they first put the d@mn things on...

The ibuprofen isn't doing much...any ideas as to what I should be taking/doing to kill the pain? Also, any suggestions as to what kinds of soft foods to eat? I can do soup...but it gets boring after the first day.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.
a very sore JBot
LukeakaDanish
Different kinds of porridge, yogurty things and also mashed potatoes might be nice...

Don't worry, my brother got braces not so long ago, and afaik after 3 days its fine and stops hurting
furtasacra
So, what do you want? Soup recipes, or orthodontic work survival tips? I have both, but the recipes are much more pleasant.
twisthigh
Whatever you do don't eat pizza pockets - that hurts!
Tumbleweed
I had braces in my early teens.............they hurt ??????........I cant say mine ever did enough to moan about, sounds like to much pressure to soon to me, mine were adjusted so often (every 10 to 14 days) I got fed up of going to the dentist
driftingfe3s
Lots of ice cream and and other frozen treats. Just leave some in your mouth to numb the pain, swallow when it melts and repeat.
melissareich
Ahhhh the wonderful world of braces! I already had mine taken off, however, I will tell you this. I did eat all the things they told me not to and I got away with it. Popcorn, gum, tacos... I know braces hurt and I know how annoying they are, but you get used to it!

By the way, always ask for wax! It really helps if something is poking you on the inside of your gums. Although, it can get a little gross Wink!