FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Decent apache and mod_python anyone?

cybernytrix
I feel frihost is very much a php/perl shop than a python shop. I tried to get some Python scripts to work and to my disappointment, found that there is no mod_python (I think I'm on VPS1).
So I ended up rewriting it to be invoked via CGI. It seems to work, but it is slower than mod_python. Also the version is ancient.

You guys run the latest Linux kernel, why not apache 2.0 (or even 2.2), mod_python 3.2 and python 2.4?

C'mon, apache 1.x is ancient... so is python 2.2

Thanks for the frii site though!
Bockman
cybernytrix, if you had searched for it, you probably would have found other topics about these upgrades (I did) but moving on:

apache 2.0 isn't as stable as apache 1.x . It has been tested here and the results weren't good. We'll give it another go, but not just now.

as for python, I'll have to leave it to Bondings (don't know if he can fit this in his calendar), but it's a possibility. It will be handled in the other topic you replied prior to creating this one though, since the debate there has already started.

I'll -close- this one to prevent dispersing the information (use the other topics about these themes).

Be Well Cool