FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

vanity fair -100 most powerful people-jews

palavra
Quote:
It's a list of "the world's most powerful people," 100 of the bankers and media moguls, publishers and image makers who shape the lives of billions. It's an exclusive, insular club, one whose influence stretches around the globe but is concentrated strategically in the highest corridors of power.

More than half its members, at least by one count, are Jewish.

It's a list, in other words, that would have made earlier generations of Jews jump out of their skins, calling attention, as it does, to their disproportionate influence in finance and the media. Making matters worse, in the eyes of many, would no doubt be the identity of the group behind the list - not a pack of fringe anti-Semites but one of the most mainstream, glamorous publications on the newsstands.

http://www.signs-of-the-times.org/articles/show/141655-More+than+half+of+Vanity+Fair's+100+Most+powerful+people+are+Jews

for the 5% of the population, it is a great success.
Bru, stuffce
It's interesting, but what's your point?
ThePolemistis
Bru, stuffce wrote:

I guess his point is Jews rule to world,,, so if anyone wants to point the blame for the world being in its current situation and why America is behaving the way she is... now we know who to point the fingers to Razz
Bru, stuffce
Then we should probably persecute them? Perhaps round them up into camps? Hmm! I don't like where that's going.

I have an uncle who insists that the reason Jews do well in pretty much anything isn't the cultural thing one might think, of just having a great work philosophy, it's because Jews are used to thinking that they may have to leave fast when the next pogrom starts, so they tended, historically, to accumulate in professions where they could walk away with 90% of what they had. Jewellery, gold coins, expensive skills like doctoring etc. They avoided building factories and buying farms since you can't take them with you if you have to escape. As it happens all of these professions have been successful in the last century.

But I think it's the work ethic and the fact that Jews help each other more than some other cultures. It's not surprising, given that, that they are doing well in the USA.
palavra
Bru, stuffce wrote:

my first and clear point if you work enough ,you can do everything.Noone can blame the success.

secondly,in the soon and expected decline of usa ,all the americans will blame jews.
coolclay
Quote:
soon and expected decline of usa
Hum, I must have missed that memo, the last I heard the USA was doing pretty darn good. Even if things do go downhill no ones going to blame a certain religious group. Yea so a lot of Jews have a lot of money, big deal, they earned it. I also know a few Jews who are very poor as well so whatever.
smarter
1. The Vanity Fair's list of "most powerful people" is simply stupid!

How do you objectively measure power? Even the specific power of influencing other people is something elusive!

Quote:
More than half its members, at least by one count, are Jewish.

This is a black or white type of thinking which ignores the gray area.

A single ancestor of Jewish (or African) origin doesn't make you a Jew (or black) too.
It is estimated that 75% of the blacks of America have at least one white guy as their ancestor in the last couple centuries. Conversely 25-30% of the American whites have at least one black ancestor.

Jews are a Semitic people, that is related to the Arabs. But many of the modern Jews are fair-haired and blue-eyed. Therefore, Jew who?