FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Poland

PawelDabkus
Quote:
Poland (Polish: Polska), officially the Republic of Poland (Polish: Rzeczpospolita Polska), is a country in Central Europe. Poland can also be considered part of Eastern, and Northern Europe.[2][3] Poland is bordered by Germany to the west; the Czech Republic and Slovakia to the south; Ukraine and Belarus to the east; and the Baltic Sea, Lithuania and Kaliningrad Oblast, a Russian exclave, to the north. The total area of Poland is 312,679 km² (120,728 sq mi),[1] making it the 69th largest country in the world and 5th in Europe. Poland's population is over 38.5 million people, concentrated mainly in urban areas
teknotom
You don't usually just copy a load of text off wikipedia without quoting where it came from. Please don't spam...
BLAK
I think that Polish population is gone much bigger in the last copule of years... And also there are LOADS of imigrants in all over the world... Polish people mainly travel to west of europe...
b4r4t
BLAK wrote:
I think that Polish population is gone much bigger in the last copule of years... And also there are LOADS of imigrants in all over the world... Polish people mainly travel to west of europe...

Or Great Britain (England) - North
But... I like my country. Maybe it's not Ideal one, but I just like it. Lot of nice places like Krakow city, good beer, nice ppl (not everyone) and beautiful girls Smile
bardi
It seems that many Poles are leaving for Western Europe.

I lived for many years in an area of North West London (England) called Golders Green. One day I noticed something which really surprised me. Near the Golders Green underground and bus station it was possible to get a free Polish newspaper -- there were enough Polish people in London to make it worthwhile to distribute a Polish newspaper which relied on nothing but advertising revenue.
Afaceinthematrix
I would like to go to Poland someday. It is one of the few places in Europe that I want to visit.
smspno
As far as I am concerned, I suggest visiting Cracow - it's one of the most beautiful cities in entire Poland.

I like living here, too. I would certainly change many things (and I am constantly trying to do it! Razz) but I don't think that I could emigrate somewhere else for evermore.
Klaw 2
b4r4t wrote:
BLAK wrote:

Or Great Britain (England) - North
But... I like my country. Maybe it's not Ideal one, but I just like it. Lot of nice places like Krakow city, good beer, nice ppl (not everyone) and beautiful girls Smile

I always thought Great Britain was part of Europe. Laughing

Anyway, Poland is a nice country i am myself 1/2 polish. I do speak the language and understand it but reading is difficult.
Also speaking is difficult and people sometimes laugh, Embarassed ,(it's one of the hardest languages for a reason).

Anyway, I have mostly visited the area's near Gdansk most my family lives in Gdynia (city right next to it). I really like al the historical buildings there.
There is a cluster of lakes near Gdansk and have enjoyed many holidays there.
And indeed, i think that a lot of the people are very nice and hospotal, especially on the countryside.
smspno
Yeah, you are right - Polish is believed to be the toughest European language. However, I love my mother tongue, regardless of any difficulties Razz.

By the way, I have found a very interesting website for foreigners in Poland: http://www.polska.gov.pl/Foreigner,in,Poland,1614.html
Kocur14
We've got the most beautiful girls you can ever see Smile This Slavic beauty Smile
ptfrances
I think I will go next summer in Poland with my girlfriend whose fathers are from there. I used to go there one time and I enjoyed.
Wink
lagoon
I once went to Krakow, in the winter. It is a beautiful city, and it is the cleanest place I have ever been to. There was not a bit of litter anywhere.

For visitors to Krakow, I would recommend visiting the salt mines. They were excellent.
Derek_Nicolas
One of my best friends is polish.
Klaw 2
smspno wrote:
Yeah, you are right - Polish is believed to be the toughest European language. However, I love my mother tongue, regardless of any difficulties Razz.

By the way, I have found a very interesting website for foreigners in Poland: http://www.polska.gov.pl/Foreigner,in,Poland,1614.html

Well it's your mother language it's at least easier for you than people from outside your country.

I went to warsaw one week ago, I like the city and I have a question:
I was told a story that the mayor of warsaw doesn't like the President so she told the workers (who work on the street) in front of the residence of the president of poland to take it easy and don't haste construction is that true?
b4r4t
Klaw 2 wrote:
smspno wrote:

Well it's your mother language it's at least easier for you than people from outside your country.

I went to warsaw one week ago, I like the city and I have a question:
I was told a story that the mayor of warsaw doesn't like the President so she told the workers (who work on the street) in front of the residence of the president of poland to take it easy and don't haste construction is that true?

Like in each myth/legend - there is always a little bit of truth Smile

The truth is that our Gov (one option) doeasn't like President Cancelary and vice versa Smile By the way - I don't like our Pres neither (and h8 his twin brother party - PiS) Smile

Our polithics are ... wierd - but thanx to that TVN24 station (something like BBC News) is most funny TV in Poland Smile

BTW - I don't like Warsaw ... I dunno why Smile from big Cities I prefeer Poznan or Krakow Smile

PS. If everything goes OK , in 2012 lot of ppl will be able to see Poland on Euro Championships Smile
nilsmo
You know how I remember the two main cities in Poland (Krakow and Warsaw?). Well when you put a Warsaw threw a pole (-land) then it goes CRACK. OW! (as in Krakow). I assume Warsaw is a better city to visit than Krakow though since it is the capital.