FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Yahoo messenger

bluffmango
i wanted to know that is there a way that im always signed into my yahoo messenger and appear online to my friends and when a frend sends a message it gets stored sm where and i can then see the message when i sign in ...like the yahoo messenger running on some webserver or something?
darvit
You may want to try using Yahoo! Messenger for the Web. It saves your chat logs and offline messages as well. Razz

An alternative is Meebo, another web-based IM client.
bluffmango
i m looking for a messenger or smthing like that which can run on a webserver and keeps me signed in even when i m actually offline from my own pc..and receives the messages for me with an online status shown to the other user
Pikokola
bluffmango wrote:
i m looking for a messenger or smthing like that which can run on a webserver and keeps me signed in even when i m actually offline from my own pc..and receives the messages for me with an online status shown to the other user

hmm... Sign in To Mobile Device...
It'll send the message when you offline directly to your cellphone. you could reply the message using your cellphone too... (I don't know how tough... because when I try the service, my provider just didn't covered by yahoo)
internetjobs
good idea..
djclue917
Pikokola wrote:
bluffmango wrote:

hmm... Sign in To Mobile Device...
It'll send the message when you offline directly to your cellphone. you could reply the message using your cellphone too... (I don't know how tough... because when I try the service, my provider just didn't covered by yahoo)

"Sign in To Mobile Device" is actually nice. However, the messages get redirected to the phone via SMS and isn't accessible in YM AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong).
asim
Quote:
Sign in To Mobile Device" is actually nice. However, the messages get redirected to the phone via SMS and isn't accessible in YM AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong)

yes Right.
dude_xyx
You can't run yahoo client on a web server. Well problem is that keeping it open in your work place using this new yahoo mail would be the option. It opens the messenger too I think it keep the messages too.
doppleganger
you can use sign in to mobile device so that u receive yer messages on yer mobile and u can reply back to them also

but u need to chek with your service provider whether they support yahoo