FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Halo Wars





enternaldr
i heard that there was Halo Wars. A warcraft like game. Based on books before halo 1. I seen the trailer and i have a high expectation on it since im a huge halo fan.

Anyway what do you think about Halo Wars?
Flakky
Yes I have heared from it, not so much but I like the Halo series. Can you give my a link to that trailer. I am exited to see it Smile
Agent ME
If you go to the official site - halowars.com's media section, there's the original cinematic trailer and the E3 demo video (gameplay). Looks pretty cool.

The game is based on events decades before Halo1, during the early battles with the Covenant, and is being made by Ensemble Studios instead of Bungie.
MYP415
Yea it is coming out, but I don't know if it will be good.
Flakky
Agent ME wrote:
If you go to the official site - halowars.com's media section, there's the original cinematic trailer and the E3 demo video (gameplay). Looks pretty cool.

The game is based on events decades before Halo1, during the early battles with the Covenant, and is being made by Ensemble Studios instead of Bungie.
I am downloading it right now. Looks good. Why did Bungie quit and Ensemble take over? It just doesn't makes sence since Bungie sure made good games.
Agent ME
Bungie never 'quit' - they've been working on Halo3 up until a month or so ago, and are beginning on whatever their next project is. Ensemble Studios is making Halo Wars alongside whatever Bungie is working on, seperately. And Ensemble Studios has a lot of experience with making RTS games.
Packfan104L4
I have a feeling it'll sell well only because of the Halo name. It'll probably be a complete piece of junk if it's rushed out the door like Halo 3 was.
Klaw 2
Packfan104L4 wrote:
I have a feeling it'll sell well only because of the Halo name. It'll probably be a complete piece of junk if it's rushed out the door like Halo 3 was.


DUDE! Halo 3 was cool and completely not rushed and it aint a piece of junk.
And maybe HALO WARS turns out to be a fatastic game.
Packfan104L4
Klaw 2 wrote:
Packfan104L4 wrote:
I have a feeling it'll sell well only because of the Halo name. It'll probably be a complete piece of junk if it's rushed out the door like Halo 3 was.


DUDE! Halo 3 was cool and completely not rushed and it aint a piece of junk.
And maybe HALO WARS turns out to be a fatastic game.


DUDE! I played the game. I played Halo 1 and 2 also. Halo 1 had an awesome story because it was original and was a breakout game. 2 was total crap. The same types of battle over and over. The only reason 3 did so well was because of hype and the multiplayer component, but that's not enough to encourage me to buy the game like 3.3 million other people did in the first week. I just don't think listening to whiny 10 year olds screaming into their headsets calling everyone noobs is a fun time.
Klaw 2
Packfan104L4 wrote:
Klaw 2 wrote:
Packfan104L4 wrote:
I have a feeling it'll sell well only because of the Halo name. It'll probably be a complete piece of junk if it's rushed out the door like Halo 3 was.


DUDE! Halo 3 was cool and completely not rushed and it aint a piece of junk.
And maybe HALO WARS turns out to be a fatastic game.


DUDE! I played the game. I played Halo 1 and 2 also. Halo 1 had an awesome story because it was original and was a breakout game. 2 was total crap. The same types of battle over and over. The only reason 3 did so well was because of hype and the multiplayer component, but that's not enough to encourage me to buy the game like 3.3 million other people did in the first week. I just don't think listening to whiny 10 year olds screaming into their headsets calling everyone noobs is a fun time.


funny I haven't met any 10 year old whining kids on live, get a nice party together and there's no problem.
and what was rushed in halo 3??

but yeah halo 3 was slightly over hypped but that doesnt explain that 3.3 mill peopls bought it.
Packfan104L4
I pay for storyline and gameplay in a single player campaign, and both suck in Halo 3. The gameplay is repetitive. It's the same crap happening in different environments. WHOOPEE!!!

I know I'm not in the majority, since Halo 3 fanboys are more prevalent than any other game. But just watch, the next Bungie game will completely bomb out with the critics and gamers, but will still sell 3 million + copies just because of the "From the creators of Halo 3" slapped on the front.
Flakky
Agent ME wrote:
Bungie never 'quit' - they've been working on Halo3 up until a month or so ago, and are beginning on whatever their next project is. Ensemble Studios is making Halo Wars alongside whatever Bungie is working on, seperately. And Ensemble Studios has a lot of experience with making RTS games.
Just to ignore Packfan104L4 I'll just reply to you Smile Thank for the explaination. I saw the gameplay footage and it looks great.
Klaw 2
Packfan104L4 wrote:
I pay for storyline and gameplay in a single player campaign, and both suck in Halo 3. The gameplay is repetitive. It's the same crap happening in different environments. WHOOPEE!!!

I know I'm not in the majority, since Halo 3 fanboys are more prevalent than any other game. But just watch, the next Bungie game will completely bomb out with the critics and gamers, but will still sell 3 million + copies just because of the "From the creators of Halo 3" slapped on the front.


In what way is the game repetitive? like all other halo games you had to fill the alien bad guys with lead, but whait!! ALL shootter game is about filling your enemy with lead. Okay it was the same story line, but whait!! Thats the point of a sequel!

In halo 3 a few new enemy's, vehiks and weapons were introduced. The story line introduced new things and for me it wasnt repetitive. It's the other crap happening in different environments. But thats your opinion. Most people disagree with you. Any way... I asked what was rushed about halo 3?? stil no answer.

Anyway I will look forward to the next Bungie game and I will look forward to halo wars.
Ghengis
Could we take the Halo 3 discussion to a Halo 3 thread? I'm really hoping Halo Wars is a good game, but I really, *really* hope they release it for PC at the same time as 360. I mean, while the console versions of LotR II and CnC 3 were quite impressive for what they were, the bar was set pretty low, in an objective sense. RTS was always and will always be a PC genre first... unless, of course, the Wii proves me wrong Wink


Anyway, I hope this does well, and is fun, and has kick-ass multiplayer. And runs well on an older PC...
Related topics
PlayStation 3
Halo Series!
HALO WARS - New RTS Game Coming Soon For 360!
[Videogames] nuevo juego de Halo, "Halo Wars"
Christmas List Ideas Please :=)
Halo 3 Vs Halo Wars
Halo 3 Preview(if not seen)
my blog
Halo Wars
Halo Wars
Halo 3
Halo 3
The best video games of 2007.
Halo 3 Mythic Map Pack
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.