FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Can't See any Ads. in Frihost Froums...?!!





k_s_baskar
Past few days i can't see Google Ads in frihost forums (Except Google Search in top right corner). Is frihost is going to change to some other PPC company?
Smile
rvec
Bondings removed all ads for logged in members. If you logout you will still see ads on the forums.
ocalhoun
It still amazes me that Frihost can make enough to keep running (and perhaps more?) just from non-logged-in users.
Scorpio
The ads weren't actually a concern at all and I am sure most users understood that.. I guess bondings is just being nice
Bondings
I might add some advertisements back, but not as much as it used to be. Maybe between the first and second post in a topic and similar places. Also maybe replace the ads by Frihost-related advertising, like promoting new features. (maybe with a disable feature in the profile)

But yes, you are right that ads are completely gone, like the other users mentioned. I will also try to remove them on a few pages like the directory and main site for logged in users.
watersoul
Wow Bondings, after the incredible quality service you provide for free, I wouldn't mind putting up with loads of adverts!
Thanks though, it's nice to just see frihost content on pages Very Happy
Kaisonic
Yeah, I'm really glad he removed the ads for us. I do the same for the members of my own sites. I just feel it's sort of a reward for being registered and a member of the community. Yay no ads!
ninjakannon
Bondings wrote:
But yes, you are right that ads are completely gone, like the other users mentioned. I will also try to remove them on a few pages like the directory and main site for logged in users.

Might I ask why you are doing this?

I mean, you must make profit somehow, and I'm sure that would be boosted if members could see ads. Or have you realised that most members do not click ads, or some similar phenomenon? After all, and as it has already been said in this thread, we didn't mind the ads as they were still in moderation and there were no nasty pop-ups or anything like that.
mjohnson
you needn't move the ads,I like google ads.it not seem so terrible than other ads.it is neat and useful.so I suggest reinstall them to the forum.
ninjakannon
mjohnson wrote:
you needn't move the ads,I like google ads.it not seem so terrible than other ads.it is neat and useful.so I suggest reinstall them to the forum.

You actually like them?! I wouldn't go as far as to say that I personally liked them; in fact I do prefer the forum without ads. However, I understand that having them is necessary and I'm only too happy to put up with them.
Bondings
ninjakannon wrote:
Bondings wrote:
But yes, you are right that ads are completely gone, like the other users mentioned. I will also try to remove them on a few pages like the directory and main site for logged in users.

Might I ask why you are doing this?

I mean, you must make profit somehow, and I'm sure that would be boosted if members could see ads. Or have you realised that most members do not click ads, or some similar phenomenon? After all, and as it has already been said in this thread, we didn't mind the ads as they were still in moderation and there were no nasty pop-ups or anything like that.

Yes that is the case, most members rarely click advertisements. That's pretty much standard/normal behaviour on most forums. It also prevents members trying to 'help' and repeatedly clicking on ads (which is of course not a good thing).
ninjakannon
Bondings wrote:
Yes that is the case, most members rarely click advertisements. That's pretty much standard/normal behaviour on most forums. It also prevents members trying to 'help' and repeatedly clicking on ads (which is of course not a good thing).

Oh, I see; that does make sense. I think I can remember clicking adverts here about twice, maybe three times - I definitely remember clicking once by accident and once out of mild interest. And I've been here for over a year!
Hunterseaker
ninjakannon wrote:
Bondings wrote:
Yes that is the case, most members rarely click advertisements. That's pretty much standard/normal behaviour on most forums. It also prevents members trying to 'help' and repeatedly clicking on ads (which is of course not a good thing).

Oh, I see; that does make sense. I think I can remember clicking adverts here about twice, maybe three times - I definitely remember clicking once by accident and once out of mild interest. And I've been here for over a year!


Same story here, And I think almost all the members do the same. So the adds are quite useless for members because they rarely use them. And when the adds are rarely clicked they are just spoiling the layout etc...... So it is a good thing that the adds are removed. I think it is also a good thing for user registration. Unregistered users now have a extra reason to register: no adds.....

I normally think adds are really annoying, tho I must say: frihost uses the adds in such a way they doesn't annoy me.
xkobram
I think I never click ads because they are always about something I can't buy/pay or for me useless sites. I wouldn't mind ads in my native language pointing to sites which are in EU, but that is almost impossible. I don't like flashing flash ads, but I haven't seen one on Frihost. Great thing.
Lukero
I seldom click ads as well.
Google ads normally don't interest me.
scotty
How are the costs of the servers covered then?
babumuchhala
Prolly you know the best but why not just put one ad code and maybe make that image and hope it pays on page loads rather than clicks.

Another thing could be getting Ads that pay on number of time loaded, I remember you had provided me with a list of companies that still do that.
watersoul
Yep, one banner ad or something won't harm, most sites have one now, from the train timetable people to the biggest players. I personally never click on ad's though, not sure I ever have, I've become pretty much almost blind to them, but for the sake of a bit of code being added, it's gotta be worth the effort to Bondings if even only a few people click on them.
Who's gonna leave Frihost because the forums have a few ad's?!!
...remember there's no forced ad's on our free server space! Very Happy
truespeed
Its good that they're no ads,but income is still made via the google search at the top,any click through to a sponsored link gains revenue for frihost.
KHO
Bondings wrote:
I might add some advertisements back, but not as much as it used to be. Maybe between the first and second post in a topic and similar places. Also maybe replace the ads by Frihost-related advertising, like promoting new features. (maybe with a disable feature in the profile)

But yes, you are right that ads are completely gone, like the other users mentioned. I will also try to remove them on a few pages like the directory and main site for logged in users.

This is a great development and really says alot about this service IMO. The fact that it has gotten to the point that we have so many users and it has become so helpful as a resource online that just by guest views you generate enough money to keep the servers hosted shows what a great achievement this is. I'm sure your proud of what you have achieved Bondings, and personally I'd like to thank ya for it. This site has helped me achieve many things which I otherwise would not have been able to do without the free servers here.
Josso
I always thought it was more the traffic around ad's than the ammount of clicks that mattered to the ad companies. I don't understand how Frihost funds itself but it must do somehow otherwise it wouldn't still be here Laughing
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.