FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help With Forum Creating Needed!

Gushe
Ok, sorry for bothering you again... Smile

1. Because it is a forum about Avatar: The Last Airbender, I had this great idea: When a user subscribes, He can choose between Air Nomads, Water Tribe, Fire Nation or Earth Kingdom (for example). (This will be usergroups for normal users.)
Now I have some questions about this:
- Is this possible? Smile
- Can a user be in 2 usergroups, so that special usergroups will also can have a nation.
- Can each usergroup rank specific for that usergroup on a min post amount? ( I mean, if you are in air nation, and you reach 5 posts, you will become "Noob Airbender", and a Fire Nation user wil become "Noob Firebender".. and so for all ranks in all of the 4 usergroups. Smile
- And Can i make topics that for example only Air Nation can read? Smile because i'd want to make a topic for each nation then Smile

2. Can I Make Another admin? because I am making the forum for someone else's website. Smile And it would be cool if she could be admin too Smile.

3. And now, I already have the script, and also already some mods which i'm planning to use, now, I still have to wait for my host, so is it possible for me to already use the mods in the .tar file? Smile so that i already do some modifications in the .tar file, and when I have my host, I upload the .tar file with all the mods included..? (Understand..? Razz)

and 4. I would like to make a layout mysefl; so would it work if I just download a new layout, and edit that in like photoshop or something like that? Smile because that would be helpfull Razz

That was all Smile
I would really appreciate some help now, and who knows, if I got better at making forums, I will be able to help other users too. Smile

Greetz,
Gushe Wink
silverdown
Well to you help you better I need to know
Quote:

3. And now, I already have the script, and also already some mods which i'm planning to use, now, I still have to wait for my host, so is it possible for me to already use the mods in the .tar file? Smile so that i already do some modifications in the .tar file, and when I have my host, I upload the .tar file with all the mods included..? (Understand..? Razz)

What forum script do you have?
Gushe
Well, I've got phpBB2 Smile