FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Intel Montherboard - Mic doesn't work

dude_xyx
My computers motherboard is an Intel D945Gnt . both speakers and headphones works but mic doesn't response when i try to run the test hardware in Sounds and Audio devices menu in Control panel. Headset works properly I checked it with another computer. I installed latest drivers too.

Jaan
Did the mic work as well when you checked it on another comp?

Sometimes you have to open the case and connect the mic input.. that's what the case was for me.
dude_xyx
Yes it had worked when I tried it on another computer. Mic input is connected also Sad
fadirocks
you might have multiple audio inputs

open Voulme Controls --> option --> properties --> recording
select the right input from CD player, input, mic, ...etc that's how windows will know where the audio input coming from!!!
andy26
Im currently selling a cheap usb sound card on ebay so if you live in the uk you could bid for it if that helps?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320173837026&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011

other than that i dont realy know how to help i had a similar problem once though
gibbo
wish i had an ebay account iv been wanting one of those usb cards for a while i havent seen them in local stores, theyed be great for my laptop and probably for college as we cant use the I/O sound cards there, so i could just plug one of them usb sound cards in and be the only one to listen to music on a college computer lol. i had a slight problem not that long ago with my micro star inc speaker out jack it didnt send sound to both speakers only one, and it was inbuilt so i cudent take a look to see what was up, is you sound card internal?