FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Shin Chan

MikeNF75
Has anyone out there been able to check out Shin Chan (during its short lived run on Adult Swim)? I found it comical, with some R-rated undertones and just outright wet-yourself-laughingly funny. Thoughts? Comments? I'd like to hear from others on this one.
gemara
I didn't watch it in adult swim but I can say it's a little funny, I preffer to watch other kind of animes
but if you want to laugh a little it's a good choice.

I'm really scared about the idea of having a boy like him.
MikeNF75
You and me both! If I had a kid like that, I'd be sure to a) have it vaccinated, b) neutered, c) sent off to boarding school and then d) bathed in chlorine!

The Americanized version is a bit on the crude side, but still IMO good for a laugh. I saw several of the original Crayon Shin Chan episodes with subtitles and enjoyed those. This was just one of those series that fit into my overall repetoire of anime I choose to watch on a regular basis.
sopetite
I love this anime I find it weird and funny.

Hehehe.

I laugh a lot when I watch this, although I never knew that this was aired in adult swim. But kids shouldn't be allowed to see this, i think it's more influencial when a kid that rude is shown/portrayed
rightclickscott
I thought it was good. The found it funny because of the fact an anime used so many western references.
RubySlasher
I saw an official preview of it on veoh, and it pushed me away with its disturbing images of deformed butts and repetitive blurting of genitalia names. I only saw one funny thing on the preview, but it rather decreased my overall interest in the series.
karrupin
I somehow prefer to read the comic than watch the animated Shin Chan, Laughing
but it is a good comedy comic though..
you'll never be bored even hough you read it many times, *i guess*
indie_hall
I thought it was a decent comedy, a bit vulgar for my tastes though. I had a good acquaintance who loved the show and would watch it really early in the morning, it was his favorite.

The only real problem with "Shin Chan" is the age, it's a pretty old show and they had to remove most of the jokes and replace them with new pop-culture references etc. so the audience could relate.
SamiTheBerber
I watched Shin Chan on German channel with other anime. It wasn't my favourite show, but it has good toilet humor Smile
Seiji
I didn't like it much but this is coming from a person who didn't even like FLCL. Not much into anime based around comedy anyone so thats probably why I couldn't enjoy it.
drunk3n_f1st
MikeNF75 wrote:
Has anyone out there been able to check out Shin Chan (during its short lived run on Adult Swim)? I found it comical, with some R-rated undertones and just outright wet-yourself-laughingly funny. Thoughts? Comments? I'd like to hear from others on this one.

lol that show used be a japanese kids show i watched in chinese when i was like six years old
Flakky
It's really funny. I heard it got banned in America or so but it's on public tv for kids in the time it was in. Shin Chan isn't on TV anymore in Holland I think.
SamiTheBerber
Flakky wrote:
It's really funny. I heard it got banned in America or so but it's on public tv for kids in the time it was in. Shin Chan isn't on TV anymore in Holland I think.

Too bad for dutch Sad
Flakky
SamiTheBerber wrote:
Flakky wrote:

Too bad for dutch Sad
Long live YouTube! Razz
wild-to-pk-u
honestly i liked the theme song for shin chan i don't know why but just liked it but i absolutely hated the tv show alot. If i had a kid like him he would be shipped straight to military school with the strictest person there no ands ifs or buts. Kinda glad they took it off but can't get the dumb theme song out of my head!!.. oh well guess ill try to forget it somehow -.-.
amperx
yeah i watched it, it was hell crazy, annoying, but totally funny XD
crimson_aria
I watched Shin Chan when it used to air in one of our local channels here. true, it's sort of stupid and weird but it's really funny. Haha. I wasn't able to catch every episode though.
Suchiya
i dno about you guys but i laughed my head off watching it. I read the manga as well its quite better than the anime though
ato784
Quote:
I saw an official preview of it on veoh, and it pushed me away with its disturbing images of deformed butts and repetitive blurting of genitalia names. I only saw one funny thing on the preview, but it rather decreased my overall interest in the series.

I completely agree with what RubySlasher said (see above) the show is just bad and the art work is just flat out horrible
belo-dc-laptop
Shin Chan, remembering the name and his attitude makes me laugh to death especially when he refer his organ to a baby elephant. Laughing
jigoku05
Watched this in our local channel. This is the only anime dubbed in our language that I really like! It's so funny!