FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

3d soldier

Boffel
Here is a character (soldier) I make for a gamemaker game called "the warriors path".
Its a low polygon 3d model made with anim8or... (The game gonna be a mmorpg... Its only kids between 12-20 years old that makes it.) The official site is here: http://warriors-path.uni.cc/ All is welcome to play when it opens!

another_artist
looks pretty flat, the arms are kinda... odd looking, legs are a bit thin the mouth looks oddly shaped, honestly it looks like something from south park, and the texture on the legs looks a little odd aswell, try adding a little more polys to make it look more 3D than 2D
Boffel
another_artist wrote:
looks pretty flat, the arms are kinda... odd looking, legs are a bit thin the mouth looks oddly shaped, honestly it looks like something from south park, and the texture on the legs looks a little odd aswell, try adding a little more polys to make it look more 3D than 2D

Well, thats the whole point here...

Gamemaker start to lagg if it is to much polygons. Here it is 1000 polygons, so I dont think I can add more. Anyway, I think this is good enough for a game. If it was for a movie I would do it alot bether, but anyway thanks for the comments. I will perhaps try to fix this later, but it is good enough for the first game release.

Or doesnt you agree with that? The texture will just be changed to colors in the game though... So the legs texture will not be used.
Loghete
Boffel wrote:
another_artist wrote:

Well, thats the whole point here...

Gamemaker start to lagg if it is to much polygons. Here it is 1000 polygons, so I dont think I can add more. Anyway, I think this is good enough for a game. If it was for a movie I would do it alot bether, but anyway thanks for the comments. I will perhaps try to fix this later, but it is good enough for the first game release.

Or doesnt you agree with that? The texture will just be changed to colors in the game though... So the legs texture will not be used.

Game Maker? I thought you couldn't import models to Game Maker..?
Ghost900
Ya I agree that is needs some work with the hands and face and even for a game that seems it could be better but if it lags the game then I guess you shouldn't make it more than 1000.

Hope the game works well and good luck with it. Very Happy
Alie
I'm not good at modeling, so I can be wrong. But I think it would be much better if you'll make soldier's face little less smoother to recieve extra polygons for legs.
Boffel
I dont know why you want it less smooth, but this is because it was render in another program...

Well, here is a new render:
Loghete
Looks much better, good you scrapped those textures.

I still don't get how you're going to import that to GM, though.
Trickster
Looks much better with the new render, although it seems that some vertex are overlapping on the right leg and the hands (which makes those black holes), but it might just be shadows I don't know. Still good job.
Boffel
Loghete wrote:
Looks much better, good you scrapped those textures.

I still don't get how you're going to import that to GM, though.

Its imported with a engine(dll.) called u3d. It even import the bones and animation Very Happy
Ghost900
The new model is much better than the old one and so I hope you use that one.

Good job and hope the game turns out well. Smile
Boffel
Ghost900 wrote:
The new model is much better than the old one and so I hope you use that one.

Good job and hope the game turns out well. Smile

Well, actually its the same model, just with different rendering programs lol.

btw. The game should open today (If our boss manage to be finished with the demo.), so check it out at www.warriors-path.net