FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Stupid keyboard not allowing two keypresses at once

rohan2kool
I regularly play counter-strike on my home pc either with bots or on the internet. Recently, me and my friends planned a LAN party [cs] at some cyber cafe.

It was my first time at that stupid cyber cafe and although all the hardware was good, the keyboard was a disappointment. While playing cs, I could walk or I could strafe. I could not do both at the same time. If I pressed the front key and the left/right strafe keys at the same time, nothing would happen. The character just stands still. I have to press exactly ONE key at a time. I cannot even jump with some other key pressed. On my computer, I can strafe and walk at the same time.. and even if not with some games, pressing both keys results in atleast one action taking place... whereas at this place I have to first release the walk button and then press the strafe button. Is there anything I can do about this.

Remember, this a cyber cafe.. so don't tell me to install drivers and all that. If there is something like changing a setting in the control panel or something.. I can do that. And the cafe owner is such an idiot that he won't do anything on my request [like driver re-installs] or anything like that.

Change the cafe is also not a good answer because some of my friends are such big mindless idiots that they won't come to any other place than that due to some god-only-knows reasons.

CS Version: CS Condition Zero
Keyboard: Logitech [i think this one: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/3556&cl=in,en]

thanks
putz480
So I've had the same problem before, ironically with Counter Strike and not being able to walk strafe, and what it relates to is the actual hardware layout of the keys on the keyboard. It turns out that the keyboard maps several keys to a single input channel for your computer so if you press to many keys that all belong to the same channel the inputs will collide and some of the keys won't register. The only real fix is a new keyboard (that was my solution) as I don't think you shouldn't be able to change the key input mapping with drivers. I've found USB keyboards to be much more reliable for gaming, so if the web cafe is using a PS/2 keyboard, maybe you could just bring yours from home?
rohan2kool
putz480 wrote:
So I've had the same problem before, ironically with Counter Strike and not being able to walk strafe, and what it relates to is the actual hardware layout of the keys on the keyboard. It turns out that the keyboard maps several keys to a single input channel for your computer so if you press to many keys that all belong to the same channel the inputs will collide and some of the keys won't register. The only real fix is a new keyboard (that was my solution) as I don't think you shouldn't be able to change the key input mapping with drivers. I've found USB keyboards to be much more reliable for gaming, so if the web cafe is using a PS/2 keyboard, maybe you could just bring yours from home?

I think i'll do that.. and since I guess that he has a front usb port.. that wouldn't be much of a problem to him if I just hook my keyboard to the front port.
DecayClan
Lol the owner sounds like a real jack-ass Razz

Well, an other solution would be to "find" thedifferent paths, and change the keys accordingly... Yea, thats more difficult, but it might help you if for example you forgot your keyboard and you want to play Razz.

Change friends Razz to change a cyber-cafe Razz Razz

Or, how, about persuading the own to change the keyboards.
ssthanapati
u can try reassigning the keys for various operations