FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost's hosting

saratdear
Who Is Hosting this.com claims that Frihost, along with all the sites in it, is hosted by http://www.layeredtech.com/

Is this true, Bondings? Just curious.

They seem to be a very good company, actually. Very professional.
Aless
No idea. Try nosing around the FriHose website to see? Usually that kind of thing is listed somewhere.
assee
in the past . i asked bomding if frihost providing paid hostings . and he replied no.

and where its written its frihost providing this service?
saratdear
Actually, the company which I linked to, Layeredtech, is sort of a reseller hosting company...so I am assuming that Frihost brought server space from that company and is providing that to us for free..and that is just my assumption. Razz

I was just wondering whether this was true, that's all.
tidruG
This is a question which I could probably answer, but I'd rather let Bondings order this one, since he would know how much information to divulge.
saratdear
Any..uh..update on this? Smile

I wouldn't mind, really, I am just curious. Sorry if this is a bad question.
tidruG
Yeah, I told Bondings about this thread. He will reply in it shortly.
m-productions
hmm I think it would be a safe guess to say it is. They even have VPS on sell =P. I more intrested in what bondings other website is. I belived somehwere he said he had another website.... but would not say what it is, or what its about.
tony
bondings, bondings, where are you? i think only he can truly answer the question posed.
m-productions
or... you can use a simple google, google will tell you more than any person will =)

in fact, it found a thread here on frihost.

Quote:

daniel@server1:~$ ping frihost.com
PING frihost.com (216.32.68.254) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 254.68.32.216.reverse.layeredtech.com (216.32.68.254): icmp_seq=1 ttl=51 time=209 ms
64 bytes from 254.68.32.216.reverse.layeredtech.com (216.32.68.254): icmp_seq=2 ttl=51 time=209 ms
64 bytes from 254.68.32.216.reverse.layeredtech.com (216.32.68.254): icmp_seq=3 ttl=50 time=208 ms
64 bytes from 254.68.32.216.reverse.layeredtech.com (216.32.68.254): icmp_seq=4 ttl=51 time=209 ms
64 bytes from 254.68.32.216.reverse.layeredtech.com (216.32.68.254): icmp_seq=5 ttl=51 time=210 ms

looky there, that comes from http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-52808.html

also a post goes on to say by daniel
Quote:

We have the IRC rule due to the fact that the data centre (SAVVIS or Layered Technologies, I can't remember) has a strict policy on IRC. IRC programs of any sort (including servers and clients) aren't allowed on any of the servers in their data centre (which includes both FriHost servers).

which means we are following there rules as well =)

also as I googled "Layeredtech frihost", among the many find, http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29313 was one... look who posts there =P
secondeye
No Idea Dear... But Inshort This Is the Best Hosting Cool
newso
saratdear wrote:
Actually, the company which I linked to, Layeredtech, is sort of a reseller hosting company...so I am assuming that Frihost brought server space from that company and is providing that to us for free..and that is just my assumption. Razz

I sort of agree with this. But i also dont, because would that cost a whole lot more than just having your own server.
m-productions
newso wrote:
saratdear wrote:

I sort of agree with this. But i also dont, because would that cost a whole lot more than just having your own server.

umm... what? have you ever really looked into servers xD. It all depends on what you want, cuase it would not be cheaper.. you need T1 or T2..T3 lines.. those alone are more a month than the VPS they sell, thats not even counting the server itself..