FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Advice on My Web URL

Possum
Hi

I have written an application that makes websites. The URL file it creates includes the name of the application. For Example

http://udopage.com/udopage_13.php

I do this as my app can recognize it. Will doing this effect how Google see my website..

Cheers Possum
k_s_baskar
Possum wrote:
Hi

I have written an application that makes websites. The URL file it creates includes the name of the application. For Example

http://udopage.com/udopage_13.php

I do this as my app can recognize it. Will doing this effect how Google see my website..

Cheers Possum

your site did't open. I am getting the error msg

"The page cannot be displayed"
SlowWalkere
It's my understanding that google likes websites with real names.

So the names you have are ok. If every page was "udopage.php?id=xx" then I think google gets pissed off.

I'm not an expert on SEO stuff, but that's the way I understand it.

Btw, the page loaded fine for me. You also may want to include a reference to Opera in the web browsers section. I currently use Mozilla, but I hear Opera is pretty good too.

- Walkere
imagefree
it will work fine with google, but let users chose their own names to make their sites optimized for SEs.
MuscleManiac
SlowWalkere wrote:
It's my understanding that google likes websites with real names.

So the names you have are ok. If every page was "udopage.php?id=xx" then I think google gets pissed off.

I'm not an expert on SEO stuff, but that's the way I understand it.

Btw, the page loaded fine for me. You also may want to include a reference to Opera in the web browsers section. I currently use Mozilla, but I hear Opera is pretty good too.

- Walkere

Yeah thats right....google wont recognise based on their algorithms "udopage.php?id=xx"
What you have used is ok..but not the best form of URL formatting for search engines.