FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Make money on your blogs with my new ad service

bgillingham
Hello all --

If this is the place to get some feedback for my site design, please let me know what you'd change. I know that it may be a bit of a blah color scheme, and the header design is something that I certainly could take some tips on what would be best.

http://auctionreporting.com - post some of these ads and make more money with your blogs.

I have way too much going on with this project and some others to worry so much about the design -- it is functional and that was quite a job. There are plenty of features about the ads themselves that should increase CTR. I also posted a similar thread in the Advertising section here, since that seemed more appropriate, but I'd like to get some design feedback.

Anyway, I'd gladly take your advices and critiques into consideration. I'd be glad to answer any questions about my service here - since I'll keep an eye on this thread for design advice.
patasarriba
You might want to make it look more professional, since people will be integrated your services with their eBay account. Maybe it would help if the text on the "join now" and "demo account" buttons wasn't bright red.

Good luck!
bgillingham
I've incorporated a few changes (the button is no longer red for "Join now") already and I am starting to see an improvement already. I also just added the black buttons for pricing focal points - whaddyathink about that? I'm not sure about them as they don't seem to fit for me as it is...

patasarriba -- You make a good point about lacking a professional feel. Also, you're right about the red button. I just told somebody that sometimes animated banners are better than red bold text - and then I just go and use some red bold text on my button. Mad

Anyway, I am trying to put more professional spin on things all the time. I am waiting for my first testimonial. That should certainly help to get the professional feeling flowing.

I know that there are better ways to make the professional statement. With the expression "a picture tells a thousand words" you know what most web businesses use? The picture of the happy user - big grins and not a care in the world. I just want to steer clear of using that type of sunshiney day and a happy people office vibe - you know what I mean?? I probably have to settle for something like that though.

Examples of professional landing pages should probably be a good place to start. Does anybody have a kick-butt landing page that they'd like to post as an example??
patasarriba
You're probably right about the "picture of the happy user" thing. (I'm trying to get my friends to model jewelry from my website, in fact, so you're not alone in feeling the need to sell out.) Maybe if you made an animated image that goes back and forth between pictures of the happy users and screenshots from eBay and your own site, it would look more professional and less cheesy? Just an idea.
bgillingham
I think that I can make a GIF that might do something like that -- selling out! That's about what it is, eh. Now, where do I get a happy office picture -- I certainly couldn't take a pic of my desk! Shocked LOL!

If not an animated GIF, then somebody I know can do a nice flash sequence similar to what you described.
bgillingham
We've added a couple new features at AuctionReporting such as the URL Destination Tool (like the eBay affiliate's : flexible destination tool).

Other updates include expansions upon the initial Ad Customizer. All of the original ads work as before, but new parameters such as Font size, Seller IDs, Store name, link color, text color, page background color, background graphic URL, and the "Hide all text" which allows ads made up of the thumbnails (the title/price/bids/time left are displayed as the hint). Thumbnail sizes have been expanded to include sizes up to 256x256.

Here's a couple examples of ads that you can create with the "Hide all text" option:

Looks a bit familiar

Very large thumbnails -- up to 256x256

Smaller thumbnails - minimum size is 16x16
regards
Oh, that is gr..................great! People can use this to make money by blog whenever they are banned by Google Adsnse!! I must advice my friends on this one. Is paying guaranteed???

Laughing Thanks, Regards
bgillingham
regards wrote:
Oh, that is gr..................great! People can use this to make money by blog whenever they are banned by Google Adsnse!! I must advice my friends on this one. Is paying guaranteed???

Laughing Thanks, Regards
That's funny to have to ask, but I understand the concern. The requirement is that you either supply your current or set up a new PayPal account to get payments through the PayPal DirectPay.

I should clarify that the ads created can either be keyword driven, or content based. In other words, if you don't provide any search parameters the ad is then going to scan the page it is published on for keywords. Ads with any search terms specified (query, store name, or sellers), are not content sensitive. So, by that logic -- you can still display them on pages with the Google AdSense without violating their TOS.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
GB
This sounds like a neat tool, however, I think you need to think more about your homepage. I couldn't figure out what the site was about in the first 4 seconds. I think some more information on what you do, along with a descriptive graphic may help. I'd especially like to see more information differentiating the three categories of users. The titles are good, but maybe list some key features of each destination. For example, for Publishers, perhaps you could say something like "Improve your click through rate with our <insert special feature> product." and "Affordable plans starting at Free!" et cetera...

A testimonial may help, but I wouldn't be looking to that as what is going to suddenly make your site "professional." That will come by appearing more credible. Explain exactly what you mean by your product. Offer help in choosing a subscription level. Describe how you will pay out. This doesn't all need to be on the front page, but right now, I get the feeling that information is sparse and perhaps you are hiding something. I think if you increase your content, it will help you become more professional and get more business.

Good luck!
tamilparks
is it really, is it work in UTF 8
bgillingham
GB wrote:
This sounds like a neat tool, however, I think you need to think more about your homepage. I couldn't figure out what the site was about in the first 4 seconds. I think some more information on what you do, along with a descriptive graphic may help. I'd especially like to see more information differentiating the three categories of users. The titles are good, but maybe list some key features of each destination. For example, for Publishers, perhaps you could say something like "Improve your click through rate with our <insert special feature> product." and "Affordable plans starting at Free!" et cetera...

A testimonial may help, but I wouldn't be looking to that as what is going to suddenly make your site "professional." That will come by appearing more credible. Explain exactly what you mean by your product. Offer help in choosing a subscription level. Describe how you will pay out. This doesn't all need to be on the front page, but right now, I get the feeling that information is sparse and perhaps you are hiding something. I think if you increase your content, it will help you become more professional and get more business.

Good luck!
I've made a couple adjustments to the home page content. Thanks for being a bit descriptive and I actually used a few of your words. There's still the matter of getting all of the other info linked in -- there are actually pages that describe the subscription levels and payouts, but I must find a more fluid way to make this apparent to the user. The initial home page has been moved down to the "publishers" services level - and most of it branches from there. I think that it makes perfect sense to me, but I have navigated it many times and I am biased - so I don't count.

I am going to get a testimonials page started, but that requires we have some publishers who have used the system for a while and have been paid by the ads that they display. So, since this is in the first month of service and there have only been a few publishers so far, nobody has been payed yet. The popularity is growing and we have more publishers every day (check our Alexa ranking).
bgillingham
We've added a new layout option. One of our clients needed to display the text below the images - all centered. Also, we've improved the ad rotation caching system ... ads no longer display the same items (unless they are the only matching items).

Here's the new layout option (as well as 12pt Impact font and a custom background graphic that matches the car theme, just for fun):
tamilparks
i am not having a paypal account so i could not do any think is it having any other way like money order or check option please
asim
Hi buddy,

great that you started this post, a way for adsense banned user Very Happy, there are some more sites which work same as adsense. 'll son post the same.
bgillingham
tamilparks wrote:
i am not having a paypal account so i could not do any think is it having any other way like money order or check option please
Would a 5% check fee be satisfactory? In other words, if your earnings were $200 USD, the fee would be $10, so your check would be written for $190. Please let me know if that would be alright - since the PayPal fee is around 3-4% right?

Edit: We have set up the user accounts to handle payment by check. The 5% fee applies to any checks. You'd just need to set the Paypal email address field value to "use mailing address" and supply your address.