FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Media player with LEGIBILITY - PLAIN TEXT display!!!!!

Jaan
Can anyone recommend a really simple media player that has a library function, and unlike winamp, has a legible display when minimized preferrably just plain text!!!!

Help! much appreciated...
qscomputing
I would recommend Amarok (http://amarok.kde.org/), but its probably not much good to you at the moment if you're on Windows. But there will be a Windows version out soon, and it's certainly the best library-based music player I've ever used.
Jaan
Can you please explain what the window in the middle is? Since that's kind of the thing I was looking for. Can you have that window 'always on top'?

I run Ubuntu dual boot so it wouldn't be a problem.

Cheers.
mehulved
And foobar for windows?
Jaan
I tried foobar but it doesn't have a 'mini player' like WinAmp... any more ideas?
AftershockVibe
Amarok has an awesome library. IF you train it for a month it will learn to leave out the songs you don't like. However, it has no miniplayer (does minimise to a tray icon with a "now playing" tooltip with cover art etc though).

Winamp's library is actually rather poo but does have a very nice miniplayer/windowshade mode. Have you tried skinning Winamp to make it more legible. In fact, you can adjust the fonts from the configuration properties, you might not even need a skin.
Jaan
I tried that mate!!! No skin has a 'large' miniplayer! Right now what I do is I have the main player with a supersized Arial font. It gets the job done but it takes up about 1/15th of my screen space.