FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Atonement & Stardust

blinx
Both films I am very looking forward to seeing. They've both got around 8 out of 10 stars on IMDb, which is really good from critics.

Is there anyone who seen them, and agrees that they're good, or perhaps disagrees?
crimson_aria
I'm really looking forward to watching Stardust. I'm very interested with the trailer. It just came to our local theatre last week, will watch some time this week.
gh0stface
I was a little undecided about Stardust when it was released out here in the US. As it kind of but also didn't really look anything like the book.

I'll probably most likely wait till this movie comes out on DVD and probably unwittingly try and compare it to the book... It really does look fairly good, but as it goes, novel to movie translations hardly ever work out that great.
Obake
I can't speak for Atonement (I don't think it's even out yet in Australia, and I don't know much about it to start with), but Stardust is well worth going to the cinema for. I have no idea how well it matches up to the book--Neil Gaiman is one on a very long list of People Whose Work I Should Read More But Somehow Never Do--but as a movie, it's extremely entertaining and well-told. Good screenplay, good effects, good performances, nice balance of comedy, romance, and action, and Robert De Niro doing the can-can in a corset. What more could you ask for?