FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Automatic Updates

regards
I just upgraded my pc with Abit NF-M2s MB with Athlon 64 3200+ cpu and 1 GB ram. All seems to be working fine. Installed Win XP Home SP2 os and it's working fine. When I turned on Automatic Updates (AU), AU said I had some updates to download and install. There were some 80 updates listed which were downloaded and reside in the C:\Windows\Software Distribution\Downloads\ folder. AU then said it could not install these updates and it keeps reminding me every hour or so to do the updates that are waiting.

What could be the problem?

My old Dell with the same os has all updates installed and list the "uninstall" Update programs in the C:\Windows\ folder, so I know they are ok.

Confused Thanks ,Regards
Animal
Have you tried deleting the contents of the C:\Windows\Software Distribution\Downloads\ folder then re-running automatic update? Why not try emptying that folder then using the online update service at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com - if this still doesn't work, you are able to get free email tech support from Microsoft because it's a Windows Update issue.

Hope this helps.