FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to bar specific phone number from mobile?

dickyzin
I have someone making annoying calls to my mobile phone from a number originating from overseas. I would like to bar that particular number, both incoming and outgoing, so that I won't receive anymore calls from that number. The phone service company I'm with is Optus in Australia and I have an LG phone.
Animal
As far as I know you are not able to do this from your mobile's handset - you should contact your mobile service provider and ask if they can help you. It is worth noting, however, that making nuisance phone calls is illegal in many countries - if you feel the calls are threatening or abusive in any way, you should perhaps contact the police and give them the number of the caller. They may be able to take further action against the person making the nuisance calls.
skypecastq
As far as i know, this costs. On my BT landline, i had to subscribe to their blocking service at about 3 per month, in order to stop nuisance calls from a debt collection agency. You understand they were not after me, just some random i've mever heard of.
ssthanapati
as far as i kno u cannot bar a specific phone no. from a network... but that can b done in some phones like in samsung SGH D500
dickyzin
I managed to bar it through the LG phone. You can enter and register the number that you want blocked or diverted. It's a cool feature from LG. I don't know if Nokia has that sort of feature. If any of you find out about Nokia phones, please let me know. Thanks in advance. Smile
dickyzin
I would like to bar a specific phone number using a Nokia 6288. Right now, there is an option under Menu > Settings > Security > Call Bar Service that will allow me to bar incoming calls. However it bars all incoming calls and not specific ones. Can someone tell me how I can achieve this on this Nokia mobile phone? Thanks.
doppleganger
try contacting your service provider, they will be in a better position to help you
ammonkc
Anyway to do this on an iPhone? I've been getting hit pretty hard by some telemarketer in the bay area.
mosndup
dickyzin wrote:
I have someone making annoying calls to my mobile phone from a number originating from overseas. I would like to bar that particular number, both incoming and outgoing, so that I won't receive anymore calls from that number. The phone service company I'm with is Optus in Australia and I have an LG phone.
mosndup

Try this android app if you can : Barring phone numbers.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/barring-phone-numbers/dev.android.mosneron.telephony

It works well. Good luck.