FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Change Start Button

william
OK, so I'm taking a break from Linux and returning to Windows for a short time. Even before permanently switching to Linux, I always liked to customize everything. I was just wondering if anybody knew how to change the start button in Windows XP. By this I don't mean change the text, but rather the entire button (I can do text easily). I've managed to change the button before, but I can't recall how I did it. (My mind is set to Linux right now, so it'll take some time to get accustomed to Windows again). Anyhow, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could either explain how to do it, or just give me a link to a good tutorial.

Thanks in advance.
ThePolemistis
william wrote:
By this I don't mean change the text, but rather the entire button (I can do text easily).
Thanks in advance.

hmm... perhaps u wanna use some third party tools such as StyleXP.
Click here for StyleBuilder which is used to create themes, and from that u can change the start button into any button u like.
william
Well, I have used that software before, but some of the themes it made caused some Windows XP issues and it crashed my computer a couple of times. It is an easy method, though, I just don't trust it anymore.

Anybody else have any ideas?
fiendskull9
Hit up reshack
you should be able to open the explorer or shell dll and look for the bmp and replace it

thats essentially all that stylexp and windowblinds really does, it just goes in and temp replaces the bmp's