FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cleaning a laptop

t1mmclaren
My finance spilled cordial on my laptop the other day... I don't think much if any got into the electronics but I'm going to pull it apart and give it a bit of a clean. Can anybody recommend what to clean it with?
myrevolt
Uh... compressed air is the typical "cleaning agent" used for electronics. Most chemical cleaners are liquids which would likely damage the circuits (water+electricity=bad). Engadget's article may help, just please avoid this
t1mmclaren
Thanks for that! Had a bit of a look at the article... some of it looks a little scary... rinsing circuit boards under a shower! Smile lets hope it does not come to that!
ssthanapati
if u r not used 2 electronic stuff... give it 2 authorised service center for maintenance
andy26
if your gonna use a liquid use pure alchol or vodka maybe that way it wont damage the circuitry or anything
FunDa
Don't use any liquids, the circuitry may get damaged. Compressed air might work out. But if necessary, just give it to a service center and let them handle it. You don't want to compromise your warranty or anything ...