FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PC or 360

PC or 360
PC
80%
 80%  [ 17 ]
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

enternaldr
Since Microsoft developed both consoles which do u prefer?

Personally i like PC. You can basically do anything on it. Some of the most best games are on PC as well. Downside is that some graphics depending in your card is not as excellent as 360. 360 has amazing graphics!

360 is an awesome console but its somewhat expensive. Ranging from $750 to $1200 while PC range from $400 to $1000. PC is slightly cheaper than 360.
dwcnps
I personally think that I like both together game and media wise.

I make stop motion animation movies in the form of a .wmv file, so I use the Xbox 360 as a way to view my movies on a bigger screen. Also, I sometimes switch the machine I'm more addicted with depending on my mood or what I feel is fun at that current time.

I do a lot of things on the computer, but I can download more unlimited demos on the Xbox 360, plus the games you pay for downloaded off the net are cheaper on the xbox 360 than on the computer.

I believe that the PC and the Xbox 360 make a good duo therefore I cannot vote.
Alie
Quote:
360 is an awesome console but its somewhat expensive. Ranging from $750 to $1200 while PC range from $400 to $1000. PC is slightly cheaper than 360.

I dissagree with you in this point. What kind of computer you can buy only for 400$-1000$ ? I'm sure that it's level would be much worse then xbox 360 in speed and graphics. Really powerfull machine that could stand against xbox 360 must have all the newest and expensive parts. Only video card nVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra costs nearly to 900$, and what about motherboard, CPU?
So computer's price would be much higher then 400~1000 bucks.

What about the question - PC is not only for games, it's also enternet, modeling, drawing, CD burning.... That's why I like PC more, but on the other hand XBox 360 is pretty easy to use: forget about DDR, MHz and GPU - just connect console to your LCD and enjoy the world of most beautifull graphics in coolest games.

What about upgrading PC/console - I think 3~5 years would be anough to both of them.

P.S. Very interesting topic! All I've wrote here is I.M.H.O. only Twisted Evil awaiting for your comments.
enternaldr
Quote:
Really powerfull machine that could stand against xbox 360 must have all the newest and expensive parts. Only video card nVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra costs nearly to 900$, and what about motherboard, CPU?
So computer's price would be much higher then 400~1000 bucks.

Here i can get a computer with nVidia Gforce 8800 Ultra,Intel Core 2 Duo Processor(2.33GHz,1333FSB,4MB),3G Mem,667MHz DDR2 SDRAM0GB,320GB HDD for $900~$1400(I think thats rather cheap)
catscratches
enternaldr wrote:
Since when was Microsoft the inventor of the PC? -.-

Anyways, PC of course. Internet and programming, that's all you need.
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ
XBOX360 is going to be oldfashioned in 1 or 2 years! Some developers are already saying that DVD and HD-DVD are going to be too small, especially compared with the Blu-ray.
Keran
I don't think PC and XBOX 360 should be generally compared. Because Xbox is mostly for gaming and PC is also for work, not only gaming.

If it would be compared though, it should be in a cattegory of, which of those two are better for gaming, then I'd say that I suppouse X360. Though, I don't like consoles (I hate those controllers, You can't precisely aim with those things). Although I gotta give them one thing, You don't have to upgrade them every year just to keep up with the graphics requirements Sad

And really, Xbox360 is cheaper. You just pay once and don't have to add anything to it, except games of course. A good PC nowadays is at least at the cost of a few thousands dollars.

But generally I'll rather stick to PC.
Alie
Quote:
Here i can get a computer with nVidia Gforce 8800 Ultra,Intel Core 2 Duo Processor(2.33GHz,1333FSB,4MB),3G Mem,667MHz DDR2 SDRAM0GB,320GB HDD for $900~$1400(I think thats rather cheap)

I dunno where you buy the items, but:
ASUS GeForce 8800 Ultra - 725$
Which kind of processor? Wink Their prices are between 140$ and up to 1000$ for Quad 6700, or extreeme series. But for sure E6600 to make a gaming sytem like xbox 360.
Quote:
XBOX360 is going to be oldfashioned in 1 or 2 years! Some developers are already saying that DVD and HD-DVD are going to be too small, especially compared with the Blu-ray.

I think it would take lil more years untill next-gen console would come up.
jugalm9
It would be the good-old PC, seeing that most Xbox 360 titles are being released for the PC as well.
Personally, i would prefer an upgrade for my PC than spending on the 360.
killer911pt
PC has far better performance and graphical capabilitites and nothing beats a keyboard and mouse for fps

a pc is much more expandable that the 360 so my vote goes to the pc
Seiji
Computers are constantly updating, so its hard for me to keep up. Consoles usually stick around for a few years until another generation comes along. For gaming only I would rather have a PC, because I play mainly MMO's, but XBOX live is very tempting too. I'm also an avid Madden player and playing it online on the 360 is way better than playing it on the PC. Its really hard to choose between them but like I said I mainly play MMO's and a lot of MMO's are free so don't have to pay Laughing
infobankr
You can spend a lot more than $1000 on a PC. Consoles are much cheaper, but the really nice thing about consoles are the controllers.
MikeNF75
Honestly, since I use my PC for both gaming and business, I'd much rather invest the time and money into it. Not to mention it mainly stands firm that most PC games are generall cheaper than any console game at time of release. PC games can also benefit from active updates/upgrades where it's harder to do in general on any console (barring those that use hard drives nowadays)
Nutteloos
I need a PC anyway, so I'd much rather spend a little more on it and be able to play games on that, than buy a console for a lot of cash and fork over more wads of cash on the games for it. Then having to replace it in a few years because no new games get released for the 'old' version.

Yeah, I know some parts of the PC need updating, but the good thing is that I'm not much of a graphics-fan. If you absolutely must turn every slider up to the top end, you're the kind of person who needs a console.
jtayl153
Nearly all games can be played on PC

There aren't too many 360 Only games.

Also PC ca be upgraded, 360 what u see is wat u get
amysanders
pc is a legend i will always vote for a pc out of any console ever
David_Pardy
A few keywords to keep in mind:

Mods, keyboard, mouse, Logitech joysticks, upgradability, variety, expansion, customisation, modification, etc...

PC FTW. Without question.

With the PC, you have one box, which plays ALL your games - from 1990, to 2008. Does it not work with a game natively? Just download an emulator!

With Consoles, you need your Atari, NES, SNES, Megadrive, N64, PS, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, etc.. Just to be able to play the same range of games!
HoboJoeTLM
David Pardy makes a good point, you can play any game from 1990-2008, but i say you can play any game from any time (yes there were games before the 90's). Plus computers do have a much wider range of things you can do. You can use a computer to type up an essay, play games, listen to music, shop online, program things with programming languages, etc. I realize many of the modern day consoles can do most of these things, but up until recently they never could. I believe that the things that separated consoles and PC's are slowly coming to a close and that consoles will soon just need to be called PC's themselves.
st-games
PC is for FPS, strategic and MMORPG fans. For people who need other function of PC.

XBOX 360 is for hard-core gamers, who want big number of big games. XBOX 360 has most best game s of 2007 (www.gamespot.com). For people who do not have lot of money but they want best next-generation HD graphic.
lastelement0
i think that the 360 would be a better choice just because, for the money you get quality gaming amongst other features. yes you can get a better gaming experience with a PC but you cant get that with 500 bux. you would need to spend around 2000 or so for an experience that isn't laggy running high graphics. so with little money to spare, the less money i can spend for a gaming experience the better
bloodtiger10
enternaldr wrote:

Personally i like PC. You can basically do anything on it. Some of the most best games are on PC as well. Downside is that some graphics depending in your card is not as excellent as 360. 360 has amazing graphics!

The 360 although pricy is more than just a console, you can download demos for it, it has the best graphis and it is just plain better, with no, and I mean NO GLITCHS IN THE SOFTWARE UNLIKE PC'S (WINDOWS)(NOT MAC) it also is alot cheaper now than in 2006
dwcnps
jtayl153 wrote:
Also PC ca be upgraded, 360 what u see is wat u get

David_Pardy wrote:
A few keywords to keep in mind:

Mods, keyboard, mouse, Logitech joysticks, upgradability, variety, expansion, customisation, modification, etc...

360 can have online updates, or you can just download a file off the PC and write it onto a cd for the 360, or you can order a cd. http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/support/xbox360/console/softwareupdates.htm

You can also customize your background and buy more backgrounds off the net on the 360.
eday2010
enternaldr wrote:

How the hell is a 360 costing anyone that much unless you are buying every single peripheral for it known to man. The console itself is cheap.
Kelcey
It's all up to what you prefer and how much money you have...
Vladalf
The consoles are made specialy for gaming and the PC is made for other things too. I never tried the 360 but I guess it's good because you don't need to buy new hardware for each new game, you don't have to worry thay you'r game won't work, the best graphics are on the console but it kind of sucks to not have mouse and keyboard so I'm going to stick to the PC.
Also Xbox360 games cost much.
enygmasoft
PC will always win hands down simply due to the fact that any PC'c Hardware is usually limited by the Wallet of the Owner. X-Box 360 has no ability to upgrade, since most of the devices are builtin. Computers will always surpass consoles in terms of simple Eye Candy. Consoles usually have more goodies in terms of attachments, like the WII controls. These are hard to come by legally, on a PC. But its all of these goodies the reasons why I get consoles.
McDucque
Though I never really play PC myself, and likely for reasons mention above that I don't have the change to afford something that'll run most of the newer software, PC will always be the best of both worlds, over consoles, especially when it comes to online gaming.