FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can love be shared??????????

akshar
This question might sound funny but when it comes to girls they are damn possesive about all the things they love. I ell in love with a girl, she was very good there was great amount of coherence among us and it went on for some years. unfortunately we could not get married, she had to marry another person just because our castes were different. This girl was very possessive about me.

WE are still friends and I have another girl in my life must say better than the previous one. This new girl does not know that the first girl and me were once upon more than good friends.

This second girl has problems with me even talking to other girls. She doesnt fight with me nor she tells me anything but she gets upset a lot. Especially when i talk to the first girl.

The argument My new girlfriend says that love can not be shared when I like her I should not like anyone else. But the fact remains that I like both the girls but the first girl is now just a close friend.

Am i making a mistake? ........Is it my fault?????????????????/

Code:
When i use the word I it neccessarily does not mean myself. It can be just a hypothetical problems posed to understand the public opinion over an issue. i am particularly saying this because you might find many posts in this section and you might think that  i have many girls in my life and my life is full of problems. The truth is that the case is exactly opposite. The problem might be faced by my friends
[/code]
apple
akshar....let me get this straight. girl #1 had to marry another...ok I get that.

So now you have girl #2 now who you told nothing about girl #1...in my opinion...seeing that girl #1 is married then she does not have a say in who you're with and what you do. If girl #2 cannot handle you being friends with girl #1 who is an ex. then you and girl #2 have got some serious talking to do.

Does girl #2 have anything to be worried/concerned about concerning girl #1?

Are you in love with any or both of them?
Shewolf
Love is much more than "just being in love", so of course you could love them both Wink
I think the situation really is nothing to worry about, except from the fact that the second girl is a little bit too territorial for my taste. (and yes, I am a girl myself, so I know what the female mind is capable of).
If you and this first girl are good friends, and she's married, and you want to be with this other girl; then tell her about everything. And if she can not deal with who you are, you should not be together. It just would bring unhappiness to you all.
undergroundking_tourus
u can be with 2 3 or 234 girls but love cannot be shared man....a whole huge company can shared by shareholders but heart cannot...the thing can be shared may be desire or something else but not love...
edzofcit
There are different kinds of love. Some can be shared, others can't. When you're referring about love which is for Boyfriends and Girlfriends, it can't be. If you both love each other, you should fight for it no matter what your differences are. With these idea, you don't need to give up the one you love just because of your differences. Wink
Da Rossa
If the love you're talking about is the one I think you thought when you created this topic, then no, it can't. True love = one and only one person.
akshar
Ok guys thanks for the help. Let me put another perspective, The girl #1 is just a friend now she is not like girlfriend but i cant bake friendship with her at any cost.

Still girl #2 wants me to avoid girl #1 should I do that?

I dont mind making my own life difficult but i want both of them to be happy.
Da Rossa
I didn't get it. What is "to bake"?
If one of them is now your girlfriend then stick with her. If you jump to the other, you'll lose both.
apple
if girl #2 wants you to avoid girl #1...there must be a solid reason why.

is she jealous?
do you flirt with girl #1?
does girl #2 have anything to be worried about?
how long have you been with girl #2?
is your relationship with girl #2 serious, as in...will you or are you planning to get married?

does your friendship with girl #1 add any thing to your life?
or is it a case of you and an ex remaining good friends?

sorry for the load of questions but in order to give you any help, more detail needs to be provided.
indianinworld
Seems to be a stupid question... Sad

Love can ofcourse be shared. If you have girl friend, then you can share the love with your parents - brothers - sisters - kins, etc., But in any case, you can not love two girls..... And when you engage two girls in your life, then dont term that as Love.

I understand that Love is all about Sharing and Caring. It does not really mean that one has to share his / her girl friend to other. Laughing

In life you see a girl - Move with her closely - one or the other day, you see another girl U Love her and term the former as your friend. As a matter of fact, it is likely that either one of them should have had chemistry with the other.

After three months you will see another girl - Then say that the previous two are just your friends. And this is also likely to continue for the long term.....

WHEN YOU LEARN TO LOVE, YOU LEARN TO LIVE...

Enjoy and Keep Smiling
jipmerite
Of course love can be shared. We are all constantly sharing our love with our parents, siblings, extended family, friends, peers, even our pets.

What is more relevant in your situation is commitment to the relationship. Love in the sense of between man and women (or man and man and women and women in this context) is different from the usual kinds of familial love. This Love comes with a lot of other things such as jealousy and possessiveness. That is normal but they have to be controlled to the extent that they do not hurt the relationship itself.

If your friendship with the other girl is affecting the current relationship, are you committed enough to choose it above the 1st girl?

And if the girl is committed with the relationship, is she ready to compromise and accept your friendship with the 1st girl as long as it is nothing more?
mina
sounds a lot like a situation that i've been having with my husband for a long time. Confused

also sounds like you're a bit confused about the word love. love has slightly different connotations based on the context. I don't love my mother the way i love my husband, and i don't love my friends that way either.

If we're talking about LOVE, the big love, then i don't believe that it can be shared. that kind of love is meant for one person, making them the spotlight in your life.
you can care greatly for another person, which can be a form of love, but it isn't and shouldn't be compared to the LOVE for that one person.

as for what to do, i would say that you need to first think about your relationship with both women. if you truly do believe that you can't stop your friendship with #1, then you should have a thought about your relationship with #2. Are you willing to work with her to make her feel comfortable with the situation? You might have to make some sacrifices in your friendship with #1 to do so. If you think you could deal with a few sacrifices, then you can have a long conversation with #2. explain how you feel, and be as open as possible. yes, she's going to be jealous, i can tell you that much. it's a usual girl thing. but if she's willing to be with you, then she'll be willing to compromise as well. just make sure to try to make her as comfortable with it as possible. she'll need some reassurance, and after time she'll probably get more comfortable with the situation. invite her to hang out with you guys... don't try to purposely exclude her or you might make things a lot worse.

all in all, just work with the lady. of course, that's assuming that you are that willing, which it sounds like you are. if you love #2, then what it's going to take is compromise and openness in the relationship. that is the biggest advice i can give you. hope that all goes well. Smile
xkobram
akshar wrote:

Still girl #2 wants me to avoid girl #1 should I do that?

I think you should discuss it! If she(#2) is just jealous and she has no other reason why you should avoid #1, you should explain her that you love her(#2) and she(#2) is the most important person to you but she(#2) still can't force you not to see your friends (#1 or any others.)

It is like like she would wanted you not to eat chocolate or any other food you like...
undergroundking_tourus
"sharing love = beatraying" has sometimes good ending sometimes bad but everytime it is a hedonostic action...
mike_phi
I think love can not be shared but different forms of love can exist so you proably love both girls in different ways.

If girl 2 is uncomfratable with girl 1 then you will have to give girl 2 which is actually your current number 1 girl priority the benefit of the doubt and tell girl one that you have to take it easy with interaction till girl 2 is comfortable iwth your relationship both between you and her and you and girl 1.
RubySlasher
If I was girl #2, I'd dump you and buy a hot android guy.
HealingHands5
The fact of the matter; is that, Intimate Love should only be shared among two people that deeply care and respect each other. It would be unnatural to try to make that type of Love a triangular affair. [b]Intimate Love is reciprocal, therefore, if a man loves a woman, and the same woman loves that man, that is reciprocating love.

[/b]Whenever, there is more than two parties involved, Love is not reciprocated, instead it is non-transive; i.e. a loves b, and b loves c; then it is the case that a does not loves c.

The only love that can be share is Platonic love, like the love between parents and their children.

And also between God and man, yet this type of Love is Agape Love; because Jesus laid down his life for us, while we were yet rebels and prodigals to the household of God. Amen.
ssthanapati
akshar wrote:
This question might sound funny but when it comes to girls they are damn possesive about all the things they love. I ell in love with a girl, she was very good there was great amount of coherence among us and it went on for some years. unfortunately we could not get married, she had to marry another person just because our castes were different. This girl was very possessive about me.

WE are still friends and I have another girl in my life must say better than the previous one. This new girl does not know that the first girl and me were once upon more than good friends.

This second girl has problems with me even talking to other girls. She doesnt fight with me nor she tells me anything but she gets upset a lot. Especially when i talk to the first girl.

The argument My new girlfriend says that love can not be shared when I like her I should not like anyone else. But the fact remains that I like both the girls but the first girl is now just a close friend.

Am i making a mistake? ........Is it my fault?????????????????/

Code:
When i use the word I it neccessarily does not mean myself. It can be just a hypothetical problems posed to understand the public opinion over an issue. i am particularly saying this because you might find many posts in this section and you might think that  i have many girls in my life and my life is full of problems. The truth is that the case is exactly opposite. The problem might be faced by my friends
[/code]

I would suggest that u put urself in her place and think wat wud u have done if she had some guy in her life and with whom she was 2 much friendly. And be honest about it. I think then u wud get your answer
bluefossil
love can be shared... shared among two people
Liceneus
indianinworld wrote:
Seems to be a stupid question... Sad

Love can ofcourse be shared. If you have girl friend, then you can share the love with your parents - brothers - sisters - kins, etc., But in any case, you can not love two girls..... And when you engage two girls in your life, then dont term that as Love.

I understand that Love is all about Sharing and Caring. It does not really mean that one has to share his / her girl friend to other. Laughing

In life you see a girl - Move with her closely - one or the other day, you see another girl U Love her and term the former as your friend. As a matter of fact, it is likely that either one of them should have had chemistry with the other.

After three months you will see another girl - Then say that the previous two are just your friends. And this is also likely to continue for the long term.....

WHEN YOU LEARN TO LOVE, YOU LEARN TO LIVE...

Enjoy and Keep Smiling

Perfect answer friend, specially " WHEN YOU LEARN TO LOVE, YOU LEARN TO LIVE... "
Congratulation. Congratulation.
edzofcit
Basically, love can be shared. Now, basing on different culture, we can have different responses. Muslims were allowed to have many wives so for them, love can be shared. While Christians can't have multiple wives. In short, it depends to us, if we want it to be shared, surely, we can.
pigthomas
I think we should identify which love we are taking with.

If you are referring to the love to general public and community ,I think love can definitely can be shared.

On the other hand, for the love between a man and a woman, it would be privatized in some sense. However, this kind of love can also be shared in the sense that people can understand what is love from them.
Coen
Love can certainly be shared. In your life you love multiple persons. You probably love your parents, brothers, sisters and other family members. Apart from that you might also love your girlfriend or wife. Love is beeing shared every day and by almost everyone. You might not love everyone equally but you are definatly sharing love.

And indeed, in countries where having multiple wifes is considered normal a man shares his love even more, and probably in the way you meant.

So to answer your question in a shorter way: Yes, love can be shared.
Da Rossa
Quote:
Love can certainly be shared. In your life you love multiple persons. You probably love your parents, brothers, sisters and other family members. Apart from that you might also love your girlfriend or wife. Love is beeing shared every day and by almost everyone. You might not love everyone equally but you are definatly sharing love.
i'm pretty sure this is not what the topic starter is talking about. Regarding family love, friendship love, sex love or whatever, evidently in can and it is shared. I think the TS was talking about sharing love with two persons, like in bigamy. Or else having feelings for two women/men at the same time.
Coen
Which is what I said in the next part of my post: "And indeed, in countries where having multiple wifes is considered normal a man shares his love even more, and probably in the way you meant."
Cddhesh
According to me you should tell everything about girl1 to girl 2.If you really feel that girl2 should be your partner for your life then you should tell all the things about your past to her.And ya!before getting married Very Happy .Later on there should not be any mischiefs and problems.So its better that you remain clear on your side.Let then girl2 have questions on that.Clear all things other wise later on it will be verry late.