FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

highest paying jobs

filet
Read from this wikianswer.Pretty interesting answers:

Quote:

Jobs That Pay the Most

Here is a reasonable top ten (and top 20) list:

1. Surgeons: $65.89/hr; $137,050/yr
2. Investment Banker: $64.42/hr; $134,000/yr (entry level)
3. Obstetricians and gynecologists: $64.15/hr; $133,430/yr
4. Anesthesiologists: $63.31/hr; $131,680/yr
5. Internists, general: $61.03/hr; $126,940/yr
6. Actuaries, certified: $57.52/hr; $119,680 (base salary only)
7. Pediatricians, general: $56.03/hr; $116,550/yr
8. Psychiatrists: $54.60/hr; $113,570/yr
9. Family and general practitioners: $52.89/hr; $110,020/yr
10. Dentists: $53.28/hr; $110,820/yr
11. Pharmacists: $53.00/hr; $110,240/yr
12. Chief Executives: $51.77/hr; $107,670/yr
13. Airline pilots, copilots and flight engineers: (N/A); $99,400/yr
14. Podiatrists: $45.43/hr; $94,500/yr
15. Lawyers: $44.19/hr; $91,920/yr
16. Optometrists: $42.35/hr; $88,100/yr
17. Computer and information systems managers: $40.33/hr; $83,890/yr
18. Physicists: $40.26/hr; $83,750/yr
19. Air traffic controllers: $40.07/hr; $83,350/yr
20. Petroleum Engineers: $39.33/hr; $81,800/yr
21. Nuclear Engineers: $38.56/hr; $80,200/yr
22. Judges, magistrate judges, and magistrates: $38.24/hr; $79,540/yr
23. Marketing Managers: $37.70/hr; $78,410/yr

NOTE

* THE PRESIDENT OF THE U.S. IS mentioned at around $400,000.

HOWEVER, you must also consider the following: They never pay a mortgage or rent, NEVER buy gasoline, never buy food, Never pay for a car, car insurance, entertainment, and a whole host of "perks". Add all the free perks and you're talking a couple million bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

* One thing to keep in mind about actuaries is that when you see the median salary for an actuary, this salary given is not accurate since you are not really an actuary until you obtain your associateship or fellowship in the professional society you are studying for. If you are an actuarial analyst you are an actuarial student in training to become a certified actuary. The median salary of certified actuaries (Associates or Fellows in the Society of Actuaries, etc.) would easily be among the top ten list above. [It would be similar to including the salaries of medical residents, 34-55K per year, into the salary of physicians. Were they to do this, the median salary for physicians would be much lower.] In addition, actuaries often get promoted to executive positions for the companies they work for which further elevates their salaries.

* Corporate Attorneys at the nations top law firms have starting salaries of $180,000 per year. This would be a 25 year old, directly out of law school. By their 7th year, they are making $320,000. If they are elected to Partnership at the end of their 7th or 8th year, they will make a respectable amount of money as Partners at the country's best firms are well north of $2,000,000 a year.

* Actuary - Once a fellowship has been obtained and after 10 years of experience one in this field can earn $150,000+, and after 20 years one can earn $250,000+. It depends on what type of actuary you are as well. Some consultants earn more than traditional actuaries. Visit this website to see actual salaries for actuary positions currently available: http://www.actuarialcareers.com . Then check out http://www.dwsimpson.com/salary.html for accurate salary information for actuaries. Another good website to see is: http://www.actuary.tv

* One high paying job that never makes a list due to the extremely competitive and relatively secretive nature of Wall Street is Sales & Trading / Investment Banking. A starting salary out of college/university for is $75,000 for the top investment banks with an annual bonus of $40,000-60,000. By the time of your first promotion (around 3 years), you can earn >$250,000. Top industry players make $1,000,000 per year.

* CEO, COO, VP's of companies. The average CEO's salary is 600k and an average COO makes about 300k and a vp makes over 200k.

* According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, as cited by Forbes magazine, the top five highest paying jobs are: 1.) Physicians and Surgeons 2.) Dentists 3.) Chief Executives 4.) Airline Pilots 5.) Podiatrists. Note that these are salaried jobs. Bonuses for some industries (e.g. for Wall Street traders) and profits in others (e.g. entrepreneurs who start their own businesses) can be much higher. And don't forget movies, music and sport.

* I found that an Actuary has a pretty high paying job for a starting salary less then 1 yr exp would be approx 40+. 20 yrs exp approx 250-350K.

* The President makes $400,000 dollars a year.

* DEFINITELY ACTUARIES. AN INDIVIDUAL WHO BELONGS TO THE WORLD'S HIGHEST PAID PROFESSION CAN EARN BETWEEN $250000 TO $500000 BASE SALARY WITHIN TEN YEARS OF STARTING PROVIDED THEY PASS ALL 8 EXAMS SWIFTLY TO BECOME AN FSA. IN ADDITION THERE ARE STOCK OPTIONS AND BONUSES THAT COULD REACH 100 - 300% OF BASE SALARY.

* Entrepreneurs are (deservedly) the highest earners in the U.S. People like Bill Gates or Michael Dell, whose companies have become household names, top the Forbes list repeatedly.

* While it is true that actuaries are well paid, there are many other professions with equally impressive salaries. Many medical professionals earn large salaries (though they also put in a decade or more of training after high school). For instance, experienced anesthesiologists, cardiologists, and surgeons may make $500K/yr or more in larger cities. However, the biggest salaries are usually the chief executive officers (CEOs) or chief operating officers (COOs) of large businesses. They routinely achieve salaries that range into the multimillions annually, not including incentives most people only dream of. Entrepreneurs who set out on their own can achieve large salaries as well, though most of them probably fall under the category of CEO for their own company. One more interesting fact: While the president and members of congress do make impressive salaries ($200K-$400K/yr), more than half of them took a pay CUT to take a political office. This is due to the fact that most of them held high positions within industry before they took office. Politicians are generally in it for the power, not the money.

* I would have to respectively disagree. I say an anesthesiologist.

* I think professional sports players make much more money that the other professions listed here. Actors can make over $20 million per film. That's maybe a couple months of work for that much money. It's quite impressive.

* Quite frankly I do believe that surgeons have the highest paying jobs in the US. Cardiovascular surgeons can rack up to 500,000 dollars per year as median pay.

* David Beckham gets 500,000 PER WEEK.

* You cannot give one example like Bill Gates and say CEO is the highest paying job. Same goes for athletes and actors. There are millions of actors in the United States, only a few dozen get paid in the millions. There are thousands of CEO's in the world, only a few get paid in the millions or billions. Same goes for athletes. However, there are millions to doctors in the US and each one of them gets payed at least 100 K a year and most of them, probably around 200 to 250 K. On average, Medical Doctors are the highest payed, on a basis of consistency.

* I think the "highest paying job in the U.S.A" ( leaving out an individual, who is extremely wealthy for their "special talent" ie...Movie stars, Sports greats, Bill Gates etc..) I would have to say the highest paying job in the U.S.A. would be a C.E.O. of a MAJOR corporation. They make MILLIONS, have STOCK OPTIONS worth MILLIONS, and retirement packages worth MILLIONS.

* Anesthesiologists. Welcome to the real world, not everyone can be movie stars, athletes or Bill Gates.

* Among regular professions, the most lucrative in my opinion are CEO or other executive position, surgeon, some specialized sales (such as of condo developments), some stock brokers (such as those who receive 10% commission and manage several hundred million or more), some coordinators (such as of celebrity weddings or rock band tours)

* Interventionists cardiologists make between 600-1.2 million a year in most places. $850K is average.

* Car sales & real <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=estate%20sales" onmouseover="window.status='estate; sales'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">estate; sales</a> managers are routinely well into six figures. sales person has six figure potential but most (that stay in) are 40k+. sales mgrs. at competitive dealerships are 200k/year + (some up to 500k+). real estate - in big cities, you have bigger, more expensive homes; commission is usually around 3%; million dollar home = 30k commission.....not bad for selling a house. again, average yearly is probably closer to 40-50 though.

* Playing third base for the Yankees pays pretty well..$25M a year?

* A UPS 747 Captain with 10 years seniority makes $198 a hour working 20 hours a week.

Pilots only get paid when the airplane is closed up with passengers on board and the brake is released. No pay for time on ground between flights, preflights, drives to hotels, time on the ground, etc. So 198 may look like a lot per hour, but if you look at an average pilot who is gone from home an average of 75 hours per week and do the math you will find the highest paid pilots make about 50 to 60 bucks an hour. A starting pilot after a 100,000 dollar education and proper licenses makes about 1000 per month to start and about 8 bucks an hour based on time away from home. Check out the website http://airlinepilotcentral.com/ if you would like all the details and add three zeros to the hourly rate to get the annual rate. Basically in the past few years pilots have taken a 50% pay cut and are working at least a 4-5 day week AWAY from home. Gone are the gravely days. You might be surprised to know your pilot of small jets and prop planes make about 18,000 a year to start. Military pilots and Cargo pilots generally get paid more than commercial carrier pilots now.

* I think actuary is the highest paying job of all.

* My wife is a salaried dentist in California and makes 232k and gets 300k after bonuses. We have seen Oral Surgeon (specialty dentists) job offers for 5000k per day mostly doing implants. I agree with the averages because there are 300,000 physician and dentists that make good money and few CEO's that make crazy money. I have an MBA from a top 20 school and am the CFO of a mid-size company and make 160K after bonuses.

* People are obviously unaware of the salaries and wages in the car business. A typical (California) Business Office Manager for a medium to larger sized car dealership earns in the neighborhood of $100,000 to $150,000 per year ($50.00 to $75.00 an hour). This is for someone (typically female, there are relatively few male Business Office Managers at car dealerships) with no college training, but 10-15 years of business office experience. The General Manager of a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=new%20car" onmouseover="window.status='new car'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">new car</a> dealership (again, usually very <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=street%20smart" onmouseover="window.status='street-smart'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">street-smart</a>, but no formal education beyond High School) can easily earn in excess of $300,000 a year with salary and bonuses. New Car Sales Managers can easily earn $150,000 to $200,000 a year. Some earn even more, in very high-volume dealerships. The car selling business is something of a Wonderland, due to the outrageous salaries paid to relatively uneducated individuals. The manager of the parts department at most new car dealerships earns substantially over $150,000 per year between base salary and bonuses.

* I am a Pharmacist and I made $52/hr working 7 days on and 7 days off on the night shift at a chain drugstore. If I wanted to work more hours the week I was off I was more than welcome. Some pharmacists averaged 60 hours per week. This can be accomplished right out of pharmacy school so they are 23 or 24 years old. That is just retail chain pharmacy. My wife works for a Pharmaceutical company and with bonus gets just over 100K; thats not including paid holidays, unlimited sick days. She spends most of her day searching the net works 9-5 and no weekends and gets 100k for it. There is a lot of money in drugs.

* Most of the numbers mentioned above are pretty low by Wall Street standards. I made over $1 million during my fourth year as a trader at investment bank Goldman Sachs. GS paid out $16 billion in bonuses last year - most of the money went to roughly 6,000 bankers and traders - which averaged out to be over $2 million per professional. But even bankers and traders at GS envy the kind of money top hedge fund and private equity fund managers make. At least fifty hedgies made over $100 million last year. Two former colleagues from Goldman who started their own funds each made over $25 million in a good year. Lower on the totem pole, most moderately successful investment bankers, and institutional traders made over $1 million last year.

What your say on this , give opinions that relate to country/place I said those in medical field earn big bucks yearly especially surgeons in US. And I think one should migrate if big bucks are offered with lots of benefits...
natem
I think the adage "money isn't everything" applies here. True you can make tons of money as an actuary or a surgeon, but the one thing that all those jobs have in common is a huge amount of stress and dedication. I believe you truly have to love doing any of those careers and let them be your life to make it worth it. Doctors have to go through years and years of school, they have huge amounts of responsibility and stress. Same with dentists, who have the highest suicide rate of any profession. The salary shouldn't be the main reason why you enter into a profession. I wouldn't want my doctor to be in it just for the money, you need to want to help people too. And being a doctor isn't as glamorous as it is portrayed on tv. Its a lot of draining abscesses and looking at poop.
Ucbet
Without money u cant do anything though Laughing

Better have more than just enough right ?
medievalman26
Well you are missing a high paying job. Radiologist starting salary is 300,000 US$ a year last time I checked. Money makes the world go round and rules our lives
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ
Another good job in France is baby maker: you stay at home and have many money from the state!

What about sports job? I heard that a golf player earn a lot of money. F1 players and Soccer players (especially in the top 10 of europe football clubs) are also good jobs...
loryl
This article doesn't take into account the number of hours per week people who hold these positions work. Many of these jobs aren't just regular 8-5 jobs. Surgeons get paid a lot, but they also work a lot. It's not unusual to hold 12+ hour work days.

Quote:
* Quite frankly I do believe that surgeons have the highest paying jobs in the US. Cardiovascular surgeons can rack up to 500,000 dollars per year as median pay.

I believe that currently, with all other things equal, neurosurgeons hold the highest paying surgical jobs. They also have to pay a crapload of malpractice fees insurance, undergo intellectually and physically demanding school and training, and have one of the highest divorce rates in the country.
xowns
Another god jobs: is a Gameserver (you make gameservers and sel dem)
You can get alott of money.
jwellsy
Those professions all have very high divorce rates.

Another thing to keep in mind is to never be worth more dead then alive.
Afaceinthematrix
Another high paying job that isn't up here (at least I don't remember seeing it), and I think it should be, are pharmacists. Their job isn't too difficult (it's just boring and stressful) and they make about $80,000 a year right out of college. They can work their way up and make up to about $120,000 a year.
internetjobs
it is really greate... u can earn more than this by a big websites... like partime job
evilryu530
thats awesome, try networking marketing, they make a lot more and work barley anything.!
vinzes
Quote:

One big WHOA!

Go IT people! Very Happy [/quote]
medievalman26
vinzes wrote:
Quote:

One big WHOA!

Go IT people! Very Happy

Yeah but I really wouldn't want that job, besides lots of people can make more than that in a year. Leadership of a country is not high on my to do list. Rather just do radiology for a measly 90K starting salary then eventaually be a radiologist and earn 350K starting salary then be president for 50K more.
russel26
be a good job... and higher to pay..
BLAK
I was just wondering how much I would get money if I would be a educated Graphic Designer, can anyone tell me?
georgekalathil
The package is not the matter. The main thing is whether we are enjoying our job. if we are not enjoying our job, the money is of no use and we will not get that feeling of satisfaction.
longandpartners
can't believe Surgeons got more than i-bankers
tom722
In Europe (for example in germany) a mechanical engeneer could earn 45000 - 55000 yearly it makes somthing about 70 000 - 80 000$. American should emigrate
cloudship
in my hometown, bankers earn a lot, and IT engineers earn good, doctors (surgeon and other) do not earn a lot from the salary but can often get bribe from patients ...
gandalfthegrey
I'm surprised lawyers are not higher on the list, seeing as they make $200-400 an hour on average.
thejam
Its an average of the incomes of the mentioned occupations i assume. I think you are able to make a lot of money in a lot of different fields if you are successful. (E.G. Some artists are hardly able to make enough money to survive and others make shitloads) Besides if you want to make money you make sure you never going to be hired anyway, but work for yourself...
rshanthakumar
making money is always fun dear! Make as much money as you can!!!
deanhills
I loved reading about this. All of the high earners seem to be people in the categories of DOING. Even when they are consulting, they are doing it in a DOING way. I am happy for anyone who can find a profession through loving what they do, and I can imagine if you are a surgeon, it has to be something that you love to do, as otherwise you will not be able to make it past the student stage. It is a high stress and work of precision profession. Think most of the categories in the list are along those lines. I am sure not everyone is as excellent at DOING as the other person, but I can imagine like with everybody else, that sometimes huge earnings come more by focussing on DOING than focussing on top dollars. Think most of the top earners are GIFTED.

Wish I could find a GIFT to make money for myself. Smile
silvate
I am definately living in the wrong country and should move. I'm in information technology and earning way less than my collegues in the US.
Chinmoy
Hey man, imagine i am in india! Ill get 1/3rd of my US net buddies! Just hope that the company i work with has long term overseas jobs..
jsymac
One thing to remember when comparing wages in different countries.

Is the difference in the cost of living, house prices etc, so even though the amount can sound a lot more, it's not really when you take all the expense's into account.
jsk02a
Ucbet wrote:
Without money u cant do anything though Laughing

Better have more than just enough right ?

What's the point when you can't even spend it though? Save it all up so your bratty kids that never had a father can blow it all after you die? So your trophy wife that doesn't work can cheat on you? I don't think so...I would rather make /decent/ money and enjoy what I am doing over making /obscene/ money and hating life.
tkelly2us
Where did these numbers come from originally. I am assuming these are mean costs, but the initial listing seams low. Just curious of the source and demographics of this.

Thanks
tkelly2us
Saw the same list on wikepedia and had the Mutual-Fund Manager
at top. Might be an updated list, see link below for full details.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_highest_paying_jobs

Mutual-Fund Manager: $500,000-$1,000,000/yr
Surgeons: $65.89/hr; $137,050/yr
Investment Banker: $64.42/hr; $134,000/yr (entry level)
Obstetricians and gynecologists: $64.15/hr; $133,430/yr
Anesthesiologists: $63.31/hr; $131,680/yr
Internists, general: $61.03/hr; $126,940/yr
Actuaries, certified: $57.52/hr; $119,680 (base salary only)
Pediatricians, general: $56.03/hr; $116,550/yr
Psychiatrists: $54.60/hr; $113,570/yr
Family and general practitioners: $52.89/hr; $110,020/yr
Dentists: $53.28/hr; $110,820/yr
Pharmacists: $53.00/hr; $110,240/yr
Chief Executives: $51.77/hr; $107,670/yr
Airline pilots, copilots and flight engineers: (N/A); $99,400/yr
Podiatrists: $45.43/hr; $94,500/yr
Lawyers: $44.19/hr; $91,920/yr
Optometrists: $42.35/hr; $88,100/yr
Computer and information systems managers: $40.33/hr; $83,890/yr
Physicists: $40.26/hr; $83,750/yr
Air traffic controllers: $40.07/hr; $83,350/yr
Petroleum Engineers: $39.33/hr; $81,800/yr
Nuclear Engineers: $38.56/hr; $80,200/yr
Judges, magistrate judges, and magistrates: $38.24/hr; $79,540/yr
Marketing Managers: $37.70/hr; $78,410/yr
2 months ago
Report It

filet wrote:

Quote:

Jobs That Pay the Most

NOTE

HOWEVER, you must also consider the following: They never pay a mortgage or rent, NEVER buy gasoline, never buy food, Never pay for a car, car insurance, entertainment, and a whole host of "perks". Add all the free perks and you're talking a couple million bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

* One thing to keep in mind about actuaries is that when you see the median salary for an actuary, this salary given is not accurate since you are not really an actuary until you obtain your associateship or fellowship in the professional society you are studying for. If you are an actuarial analyst you are an actuarial student in training to become a certified actuary. The median salary of certified actuaries (Associates or Fellows in the Society of Actuaries, etc.) would easily be among the top ten list above. [It would be similar to including the salaries of medical residents, 34-55K per year, into the salary of physicians. Were they to do this, the median salary for physicians would be much lower.] In addition, actuaries often get promoted to executive positions for the companies they work for which further elevates their salaries.

* Corporate Attorneys at the nations top law firms have starting salaries of $180,000 per year. This would be a 25 year old, directly out of law school. By their 7th year, they are making $320,000. If they are elected to Partnership at the end of their 7th or 8th year, they will make a respectable amount of money as Partners at the country's best firms are well north of $2,000,000 a year.

* Actuary - Once a fellowship has been obtained and after 10 years of experience one in this field can earn $150,000+, and after 20 years one can earn $250,000+. It depends on what type of actuary you are as well. Some consultants earn more than traditional actuaries. Visit this website to see actual salaries for actuary positions currently available: http://www.actuarialcareers.com . Then check out http://www.dwsimpson.com/salary.html for accurate salary information for actuaries. Another good website to see is: http://www.actuary.tv

* One high paying job that never makes a list due to the extremely competitive and relatively secretive nature of Wall Street is Sales & Trading / Investment Banking. A starting salary out of college/university for is $75,000 for the top investment banks with an annual bonus of $40,000-60,000. By the time of your first promotion (around 3 years), you can earn >$250,000. Top industry players make $1,000,000 per year.

* CEO, COO, VP's of companies. The average CEO's salary is 600k and an average COO makes about 300k and a vp makes over 200k.

* According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, as cited by Forbes magazine, the top five highest paying jobs are: 1.) Physicians and Surgeons 2.) Dentists 3.) Chief Executives 4.) Airline Pilots 5.) Podiatrists. Note that these are salaried jobs. Bonuses for some industries (e.g. for Wall Street traders) and profits in others (e.g. entrepreneurs who start their own businesses) can be much higher. And don't forget movies, music and sport.

* I found that an Actuary has a pretty high paying job for a starting salary less then 1 yr exp would be approx 40+. 20 yrs exp approx 250-350K.

* DEFINITELY ACTUARIES. AN INDIVIDUAL WHO BELONGS TO THE WORLD'S HIGHEST PAID PROFESSION CAN EARN BETWEEN $250000 TO $500000 BASE SALARY WITHIN TEN YEARS OF STARTING PROVIDED THEY PASS ALL 8 EXAMS SWIFTLY TO BECOME AN FSA. IN ADDITION THERE ARE STOCK OPTIONS AND BONUSES THAT COULD REACH 100 - 300% OF BASE SALARY.

* Entrepreneurs are (deservedly) the highest earners in the U.S. People like Bill Gates or Michael Dell, whose companies have become household names, top the Forbes list repeatedly.

* While it is true that actuaries are well paid, there are many other professions with equally impressive salaries. Many medical professionals earn large salaries (though they also put in a decade or more of training after high school). For instance, experienced anesthesiologists, cardiologists, and surgeons may make $500K/yr or more in larger cities. However, the biggest salaries are usually the chief executive officers (CEOs) or chief operating officers (COOs) of large businesses. They routinely achieve salaries that range into the multimillions annually, not including incentives most people only dream of. Entrepreneurs who set out on their own can achieve large salaries as well, though most of them probably fall under the category of CEO for their own company. One more interesting fact: While the president and members of congress do make impressive salaries ($200K-$400K/yr), more than half of them took a pay CUT to take a political office. This is due to the fact that most of them held high positions within industry before they took office. Politicians are generally in it for the power, not the money.

* I think professional sports players make much more money that the other professions listed here. Actors can make over $20 million per film. That's maybe a couple months of work for that much money. It's quite impressive.

* You cannot give one example like Bill Gates and say CEO is the highest paying job. Same goes for athletes and actors. There are millions of actors in the United States, only a few dozen get paid in the millions. There are thousands of CEO's in the world, only a few get paid in the millions or billions. Same goes for athletes. However, there are millions to doctors in the US and each one of them gets payed at least 100 K a year and most of them, probably around 200 to 250 K. On average, Medical Doctors are the highest payed, on a basis of consistency.

* I think the "highest paying job in the U.S.A" ( leaving out an individual, who is extremely wealthy for their "special talent" ie...Movie stars, Sports greats, Bill Gates etc..) I would have to say the highest paying job in the U.S.A. would be a C.E.O. of a MAJOR corporation. They make MILLIONS, have STOCK OPTIONS worth MILLIONS, and retirement packages worth MILLIONS.

* Anesthesiologists. Welcome to the real world, not everyone can be movie stars, athletes or Bill Gates.

* Among regular professions, the most lucrative in my opinion are CEO or other executive position, surgeon, some specialized sales (such as of condo developments), some stock brokers (such as those who receive 10% commission and manage several hundred million or more), some coordinators (such as of celebrity weddings or rock band tours)

* Interventionists cardiologists make between 600-1.2 million a year in most places. $850K is average.

* Car sales & real <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=estate%20sales" onmouseover="window.status='estate; sales'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">estate; sales</a> managers are routinely well into six figures. sales person has six figure potential but most (that stay in) are 40k+. sales mgrs. at competitive dealerships are 200k/year + (some up to 500k+). real estate - in big cities, you have bigger, more expensive homes; commission is usually around 3%; million dollar home = 30k commission.....not bad for selling a house. again, average yearly is probably closer to 40-50 though.

* A UPS 747 Captain with 10 years seniority makes $198 a hour working 20 hours a week.

Pilots only get paid when the airplane is closed up with passengers on board and the brake is released. No pay for time on ground between flights, preflights, drives to hotels, time on the ground, etc. So 198 may look like a lot per hour, but if you look at an average pilot who is gone from home an average of 75 hours per week and do the math you will find the highest paid pilots make about 50 to 60 bucks an hour. A starting pilot after a 100,000 dollar education and proper licenses makes about 1000 per month to start and about 8 bucks an hour based on time away from home. Check out the website http://airlinepilotcentral.com/ if you would like all the details and add three zeros to the hourly rate to get the annual rate. Basically in the past few years pilots have taken a 50% pay cut and are working at least a 4-5 day week AWAY from home. Gone are the gravely days. You might be surprised to know your pilot of small jets and prop planes make about 18,000 a year to start. Military pilots and Cargo pilots generally get paid more than commercial carrier pilots now.

* My wife is a salaried dentist in California and makes 232k and gets 300k after bonuses. We have seen Oral Surgeon (specialty dentists) job offers for 5000k per day mostly doing implants. I agree with the averages because there are 300,000 physician and dentists that make good money and few CEO's that make crazy money. I have an MBA from a top 20 school and am the CFO of a mid-size company and make 160K after bonuses.

* People are obviously unaware of the salaries and wages in the car business. A typical (California) Business Office Manager for a medium to larger sized car dealership earns in the neighborhood of $100,000 to $150,000 per year ($50.00 to $75.00 an hour). This is for someone (typically female, there are relatively few male Business Office Managers at car dealerships) with no college training, but 10-15 years of business office experience. The General Manager of a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=new%20car" onmouseover="window.status='new car'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">new car</a> dealership (again, usually very <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=street%20smart" onmouseover="window.status='street-smart'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">street-smart</a>, but no formal education beyond High School) can easily earn in excess of $300,000 a year with salary and bonuses. New Car Sales Managers can easily earn $150,000 to $200,000 a year. Some earn even more, in very high-volume dealerships. The car selling business is something of a Wonderland, due to the outrageous salaries paid to relatively uneducated individuals. The manager of the parts department at most new car dealerships earns substantially over $150,000 per year between base salary and bonuses.

* I am a Pharmacist and I made $52/hr working 7 days on and 7 days off on the night shift at a chain drugstore. If I wanted to work more hours the week I was off I was more than welcome. Some pharmacists averaged 60 hours per week. This can be accomplished right out of pharmacy school so they are 23 or 24 years old. That is just retail chain pharmacy. My wife works for a Pharmaceutical company and with bonus gets just over 100K; thats not including paid holidays, unlimited sick days. She spends most of her day searching the net works 9-5 and no weekends and gets 100k for it. There is a lot of money in drugs.

* Most of the numbers mentioned above are pretty low by Wall Street standards. I made over $1 million during my fourth year as a trader at investment bank Goldman Sachs. GS paid out $16 billion in bonuses last year - most of the money went to roughly 6,000 bankers and traders - which averaged out to be over $2 million per professional. But even bankers and traders at GS envy the kind of money top hedge fund and private equity fund managers make. At least fifty hedgies made over $100 million last year. Two former colleagues from Goldman who started their own funds each made over $25 million in a good year. Lower on the totem pole, most moderately successful investment bankers, and institutional traders made over $1 million last year.

What your say on this , give opinions that relate to country/place I said those in medical field earn big bucks yearly especially surgeons in US. And I think one should migrate if big bucks are offered with lots of benefits...
tkelly2us
Another interesting reference with source link below:

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Winston_Smith

There is often disagreement among experts in the private sector and public labor statistics about what are the top 10 paying jobs. The list changes from year to year and state to state. Often new careers emerge that are highly specialized and once defined jump onto top paying job lists. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics releases a list every year and is often cited by financial publications as the definitive list of top 10 paying jobs.

Certain jobs seem to never leave the top 10. As expected these jobs are highly specialized and always in demand no matter what the current financial climate or location the survey is conducted. CEO's, doctors and lawyers are consistently the highest paid professionals in the U.S.

Keep in mind that these list are an average salary so careers with a wide range of earning potential such as financial advisors rarely make the list. Also some lists will break out jobs into sub-category's so 'doctor' could make the list multiple times for Psychiatrists, Obstetricians and surgeons.

Let's take a look at a few different lists of the top 10 paying jobs in the US for 2007:

According to askmen.com

1. Surgeon

2. Chief Executive Officer (CEO)

3. Engineering Manager

4. Airline Pilot $134,090

5. Dentist

6. Lawyer

7. Air Traffic Controller

8. Computer and Information Systems Manager

9. Marketing Manager

10. Natural Sciences Manager

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, as cited by Forbes magazine, the top five highest paying jobs are:

1.Physicians and Surgeons

2.Dentists

3.Chief Executives

4.Airline Pilots

5.Podiatrists

6.Lawyer

7.Air Traffic Controller

8.Computer and Information Systems Manager

9.Marketing Manager

10.Natural Sciences Manager

Yahoo! gives us:

1.Surgeons: $65.89/hr; $137,050/yr

2.Investment Banker: $64.42/hr; $134,000/yr (entry level)

3.Obstetricians and gynecologists: $64.15/hr; $133,430/yr

4.Anesthesiologists: $63.31/hr; $131,680/yr

5.Internists, general: $61.03/hr; $126,940/yr

6.Actuaries, certified: $57.52/hr; $119,680 (base salary only)

7.Pediatricians, general: $56.03/hr; $116,550/yr

8.Psychiatrists: $54.60/hr; $113,570/yr

9.Family and general practitioners: $52.89/hr; $110,020/yr

10.Dentists: $53.28/hr; $110,820/yr

Winston Smith is a writer and editor for Connect Magazine. He also runs the Bloorwick Job Blog that shows people how they can make money online with a real system that can earn you up to $200+ and more!

tkelly2us wrote:
Saw the same list on wikepedia and had the Mutual-Fund Manager
at top. Might be an updated list, see link below for full details.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_highest_paying_jobs

Mutual-Fund Manager: $500,000-$1,000,000/yr
Surgeons: $65.89/hr; $137,050/yr
Investment Banker: $64.42/hr; $134,000/yr (entry level)
Obstetricians and gynecologists: $64.15/hr; $133,430/yr
Anesthesiologists: $63.31/hr; $131,680/yr
Internists, general: $61.03/hr; $126,940/yr
Actuaries, certified: $57.52/hr; $119,680 (base salary only)
Pediatricians, general: $56.03/hr; $116,550/yr
Psychiatrists: $54.60/hr; $113,570/yr
Family and general practitioners: $52.89/hr; $110,020/yr
Dentists: $53.28/hr; $110,820/yr
Pharmacists: $53.00/hr; $110,240/yr
Chief Executives: $51.77/hr; $107,670/yr
Airline pilots, copilots and flight engineers: (N/A); $99,400/yr
Podiatrists: $45.43/hr; $94,500/yr
Lawyers: $44.19/hr; $91,920/yr
Optometrists: $42.35/hr; $88,100/yr
Computer and information systems managers: $40.33/hr; $83,890/yr
Physicists: $40.26/hr; $83,750/yr
Air traffic controllers: $40.07/hr; $83,350/yr
Petroleum Engineers: $39.33/hr; $81,800/yr
Nuclear Engineers: $38.56/hr; $80,200/yr
Judges, magistrate judges, and magistrates: $38.24/hr; $79,540/yr
Marketing Managers: $37.70/hr; $78,410/yr
2 months ago
Report It

filet wrote:

Quote:

Jobs That Pay the Most

NOTE

ciureanuc
The highest paid man I know is my brother in law: the is IT Engineer (hardware) for Siemens VDO in Detroit, USA.
He worth $100.000 a year... This is the salary from 2-3 years ago... I don't know if there was an increase. Smile) He is 45 years old.
finweb
In my country, financial brokers earn the highst salaries, then dentists and those maths guys, then only doctors. Other jobs are gaining on those though, since there is a shortage of skills in my country because less people study after school!
agustin
Damn. its crazy... I guess thats the world we living at.
qedesigns
wow...!
deanhills
finweb wrote:
In my country, financial brokers earn the highst salaries, then dentists and those maths guys, then only doctors. Other jobs are gaining on those though, since there is a shortage of skills in my country because less people study after school!

Must be an amazing country. What are the dentists like? What do you mean by "those math guys"? Looks as though there is a huge shortage of skills. Still, has to be a pretty unique country. What kind of Government style does it have?