FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Media Player sound quality

Jaan
Does anyone know which audio player (winamp, foobar, etc.) gives the best audio quality???

Cheers.
fadirocks
Audio wasn't the issue with media players, it's more like your hardware is more important
but which equalizer works better, not sure but WinAMP works right

So go what's easy on your system and easy to use, I use WinAMP in classic mode Razz
Jaan
Yeah I've got a pretty good audio interface... Presonus Firebox with Dynaudio BM5a monitors Razz it gets the job done...

Do you know anything then about the fastest media player?
I'm always moving PC's and I hate having to wait for it to scan my collection. I would also like one click playing, not like itunes, when you click, then it takes a few seconds for the file to load and start playing.
gilwe
All I can tell is that from my experience, Winamp will sound somewhat better than Windows Media Player.

There are much better from the pro audio market but these are recording tools rather than just players...
aningbo
get a good speaker and that should solve the problem. Winamp is way too slow. i still prefer the new windows media player 11. much better than anything else.

for playing movies, i have media player classic and videolan vlc player
jackill
All popular audio players gives same audio quality (WMP, Winamp, Foobar). All You need is good sound card (not cheapest SB, or poor "Audigy"!), good speakers (I prefer stereo, You can bought better stereo speakers in price of poor 5.1 set), good speaker placement, good cabbling (to reduce noise). When PC is sound source for headphones is always have a headphone amp.

PS. Of course 128-160kpbs MP3's aren't good sound source for "hifi-aspirated" PC sound system. FLAC is needed or at least 190+ MP3's.
o2o213o2
winamp is the best, small software, usefull with alot of plugin, can play almost of files media
Flakky
It doesn't differ much, but I believe that winAMP has the best plugins for making lower quality songs sound better.
rohan
actually Winamp is the the best way u can play good quality songs
but according to me songs quality depend upon the kps in which the songs are present
better the kbps result will be better ...
pakpiece
Now a days i am using for best result PowerMp3 (2.0)

I like playing Cue Club (Snooker Game),
and i like play soft music during playing
but my pc not support Storm Codec 5 with Cue Club
and
now my problem solved with PowerMp3 (2.0)

I think PowerMp3 (2.0) is the best one for best sound result and

gives the best audio quality
[/i]
funky_programmer
Jaan wrote:
Yeah I've got a pretty good audio interface... Presonus Firebox with Dynaudio BM5a monitors Razz it gets the job done...

Do you know anything then about the fastest media player?
I'm always moving PC's and I hate having to wait for it to scan my collection. I would also like one click playing, not like itunes, when you click, then it takes a few seconds for the file to load and start playing.

Me too.. I have a Presonus Firebox and it claims to be producing audio as it is (flat). I don't have a good monitoring speaker like you, but I have a pretty good headphones (Koss UR-40).

I usually listen my musics from the headphones, and as long as my ears could notice, I noticed that Windows Media Player produces more boosted low frequency, even though the equalizers are flat and all enhancements like SRS turned off.

After then, I tried iTunes and I feel that iTunes produces sounds better than Windows Media Player, and it's quite flat too, no noticeable boosted range of frequency. CMIIW.