FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Transylvania

dlseven777
I recently finished reading Bram Stoker's Dracula. And it got me wondering, if Transylvania had anything that relates to the books. I know it's fiction, but there must have been soemthing there that was a source of inspiritation. Just wondering if anyone has visited the city or area.
otiscom
Haven't been there but would like to go.
HDirtwater
There actually is a "Dracula's Castle" in Transylvania, Romania, and I've actually been there (went when I was in high school). I've heard it's basically a big tourist trap, but the story of Dracula does have some basis in fact. His real name was Vlad the Impaler and he was supposed to have been a ruthless count back in the day. He was so terrible that stories were told of him actually drinking blood, and the whole thing just gained momentum until you have what we know today as Count Dracula.
Shewolf
This Vlad is also known of being a great ruler, and some say that he were not too bad at all. Just a now legendary king, and with some local myths of some zoombish creatures, the author constructed Dracula. The name orgin is probalvly local as well, but I can't remember what it means.

HDirtwater: which of the castles did you go to, the great tourist-atraction down town, or the real one up hill?
HDirtwater
It's been so long, I can't really tell for sure. I think the one out in the country, because I sure don't remember a "town." We weren't there for more than an hour or two.
soldeinvierno
de aki no es dracula? q molon el? con sus colmillicos