FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's the most unique and funny name you've ever heard

jjpriest25
I have a pet turtle that I named Fluffy as a joke. It stuck and everybody loves it. Do you have any good ones?
riv_
I had a friend with a cat named "punt". it's not as bad as it sounds, he was really quite gentle with it.
And a neighbour with a cat named "help" - so it freaked everyone out every night when they called it in... well, for about a week.
silvertailsfox
riv_ wrote:
I had a friend with a cat named "punt". it's not as bad as it sounds, he was really quite gentle with it.
And a neighbour with a cat named "help" - so it freaked everyone out every night when they called it in... well, for about a week.

Haha that's awesome. Hope it doesn't turn out like the boy who cried wolf though. Surprised I've heard many interesting pet names. There's this guy I know with a dog named "Bubba" which isn't all that funny except that when he calls for the dog Chinese people always think he's calling for his dad. Dad in Chinese sounds like Bubba. x3
rainmaker
My mom's dog's name is Max, but early on I started calling him "Ellard." Now, I thought I was making this word/name up, but I have come to find out that it is not all that uncommon as a surname and the like.

I still like the cat, though, whose name was Help. I should remember that for any future pets of my own. Haha!

--rainmaker
Bagpipe
Black Quarter horse stallion named: www.monster.de
patasarriba
I used to have two cacti named Batman and Robin.
Idoru
The racing horses have weird names... and often the pure-bred pets aswell. But the funniest name I can get to my
mind is on a human. Poor boy, classmate to the little one here. It's funny because he comes from another country,
and here it meens something else then it was thought to. I hope. Laughing
Anyhow, we live in Sweden, and the name is 'Bara'. it's the family-name, and written on the list of students it's
put before the sur-name. It then has the meening 'only'. I found it funny. Though it's just a kid... silly me.
Daisie
I knew a do called "go'away" ( I have no idea of the story behind it).
It's true that racing horse and pur breed beasty have some strange names, just have to look at cruft (it's a dog show, very big in the uk) every years...
"Lord Magintal of bluebottom the third... but we call it mimi for short... Shocked "
go figure !
greekwoof
well .. i'm from Greece and we have many many funny names for our pets.. Razz
even if u dont know what they mean they sound very funny! Smile some of them are :
kanelos & mouts... lol..
Molle
I have a little friend, shes 3 years old, and she got the cutest little dog I have ever seen. She named her George W. Bush. ^^ Weirdest thing ever.
natem
I knew a guy named "Harry Ball" In high school. For animals, I had a friend who named her cats Bread and Butter. We named our cat Morgan P. Dag. Just Dag for short. I don't know why we named him that but Dag sure fits him.
sopetite
Pulgoso<- a name from a telanovela
jharsika
Idoru wrote:
The racing horses have weird names... and often the pure-bred pets aswell. But the funniest name I can get to my
mind is on a human. Poor boy, classmate to the little one here. It's funny because he comes from another country,
and here it meens something else then it was thought to. I hope. Laughing
Anyhow, we live in Sweden, and the name is 'Bara'. it's the family-name, and written on the list of students it's
put before the sur-name. It then has the meening 'only'. I found it funny. Though it's just a kid... silly me.

Hah I think that's true.
I knew a horse named "Ambro Offer" and then a third name....so weird.
whitehole
I once read a newspaper article talking about a girl who's name was spelled Aschellie, but it was pronounced ashley. Its unbelievable to me how far people will go to make their child's name unique.
JessieF
I had a kitten named Snuggles. Is that unusual? It fit him perfectly. Smile
He disappeared, though. Sad
karrupin
I'm from Sabah, Malaysia.. and there many weird & funny names in my neighborhood, such as Odoi & Sibulan
Laughing
dangerdog
i know a girl who named her daughter Darkness because the dad wanted to be ' the father of darkness'. poor kid.

i also know of a little boy named Danger and am totally jealous, and after i told some police officers about darkness they told me about a kid they knew named Ice-T Baby Jesus Jones. not kidding. i really wish i were.

my name isn't that crazy, but it's different. :p it's Cera, which sounds just like Sara(h).
WhistleTurning
How about funny names associated with professions. Once saw a shop sign in Moushole down in Cornwall "T Knee Bone- Butcher". There is a guy who plays golf down at my club Who ons a builders called "Mulligan". You may need to know a little of golf to appreciate the funny side-He all ways gets asked if he takes any Rolling Eyes . Also how about "G Diggins-Sexton" seen on a Church notice board Laughing
Sipe
Kyösti. It is like old name here in Finland. Smile Also Väinö is funny name Very Happy And those names are both really humans names.. ^^'
thinkfacility
We were discussing some interesting names yesterday, I think Craven was the most entertaining. Next to that it was just because the person's last name. For example, we found that a girl called

"Kim Chi" would have been hilarious. (some sort of asian food)
PennyLane
I always liked Michael Jackson's monkey Bubbles Smile
My parents know a kid that's called Superman... How sick is that...
And I once went babysitting for a family whose kids were named: Aladdin, Yasmine and Abu...
hlavco
There was a girl in one of my classes with the last name "Gotobed". It was pronounced "Gotta bed" which is still kinda funny.
Dean_The_Great
I dunno, as far as people go, I've met an Omnia and an Andromeda, which I just think are cool names.
medievalman26
hmmm...well for a person some poor guy was named shitthead by his parents, as for pets suckin' sam for a fish(the kind that love the bottom or sides of the tank), still think Seabiscuit is the oddest name for a racing horse.
burotrend2
Personnally I had a doc (fox terrier) named IZMO , it was the year with names beginning by "I" and he was really an GIZMO like Laughing , so I and my wife decided to call him IZMO , unfortunately 14 years after , he died and is now sleeping for a long time in our garden...
Now we have a welsch terrier named Dixie and two cats : Newton and Othello..

But Dixie don't like cats , a real problem at home Crying or Very sad
agustin
delerzzislacup--- i dont know what it is... ut i heard it a cpuple of days ago... what???
cornga56
Ballsniffer was a greyhound a friend of mine had. Another is my ex gf's cats who were named Diggity and Dank. Dank was a mad nice cat, haha.
thejus03
ive heard a dog's name issac..whose actual name is sivaram.. Rolling Eyes
it always sleeps
quex
A classic name for dogs in the midwestern US (and in New York) is "Taxi," because it sounds like you're trying to hail a taxi cab whenever you're calling for your dog. The best pet name I've ever heard in real life belonged to a wolfhound I met at the Irish Festival in Dublin, Ohio: "Biffdee," the pronunciation of BFD, which stood for the dog's actual name on paper: "Big F*cking Dog."
exskool
I name my cat www..
chrisallard5454
The most unique name that I have ever heard goes by the name of !beliough. I was travelling and I heard a young boy call for his mom in the streets. The exclemation mark is bronounced with the click or pop of the tonque. Kind of equivilant to the pop of the cap off of a beer bottle. Originally I did not know how to spell it until I heard a comedian who goes by the name of Russel Peters say how it was spelled. (You should look him up he is canadian/east indian heritage, and he is the most racsist*/funny person I have ever seen!)
Flakky
My sister had a cat named after a bodypart I won't say xD That were fun times.
aames_prov356
Wrigley Fields is definitely very unique. ****** is too if you think about it.
indianinworld
Not so funny, Doggieeeeee and Piggieee and (this should be funny) some times PEEEEEEEE Laughing

filet
scacera not funny but weird this guy has about 30 cats ..i guess he runs out of ideas to name his cats
joostvane
The most funny name i have heard in my life is from a cartoon in Belgium. 'Kwabbernoot'. Its a Dutch name, and i can't translate it tough.
Studio_Roo
I got a hermit crab from the fair, and named it Fluffy as a joke as well, much like your turtle.
I had him for about three months, and one morning, I checked on him, and he was out of his shell, and dead... =[ he died naked..

It wasn't funny at the time, but it is now x)
CourtneysColumbines
I have a cat named fish. He's a monster (as in he's huge, fat and muscular). We named him that because my dad said he hated the cat. But every time he comes home and mom made fish (the food, lol) he walks in and says, "I LOVE FISH!" So, as a joke, I said "lets call the cat Fish." And it just stuck. It was Fish or Atilla the Hun. Shocked
gandalfthegrey
I've meet some people with really unique names, or seen people on television or have read books that have authors with weird and unique names.

Swirling Topping

Dick Assman < from David Letterman Show, mid 1990's

http://www.funnyname.com/top.html

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/95536

http://iq.lycos.co.uk/qa/show/8537/what+is+the+funniest+name+you+have+ever+heard+in+your+life%3F/
Flakky
gandalfthegrey wrote:
I've meet some people with really unique names, or seen people on television or have read books that have authors with weird and unique names.

Swirling Topping

Dick Assman < from David Letterman Show, mid 1990's

http://www.funnyname.com/top.html

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/95536

http://iq.lycos.co.uk/qa/show/8537/what+is+the+funniest+name+you+have+ever+heard+in+your+life%3F/

Speaking of Dicks, I know a guy and his name is Dick Kok. A Dutch name which will fail in English speaking countries Razz
Chinmoy
We have a neighbour named "poltu"!!!
Silk2008
I used to work for a mortgage company in California. With this job I probably saw 200 to 300 mortgage loans a day. Needless to say I saw alot of crazy names but a couple really have stuck with me and still get a good laugh to this day when I think about them.

First, there was a gentleman whose legal name was Transfiguration Macodamian. We had to get documention to prove it, but it was his legal name.

Secondly, there was a very nice elderly couple that I met. Within 30 seconds of talking to them you could tell that the old lady wore the pants in the relationship which made their names perfect for them. The old man's name was Ima Ball. His wife's was Iona Ball. No lie.
AFriedman
Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii

That was ACTUALLY a name given to a little girl!
A judge ordered that the name be changed
psycosquirrel
I heard of a Canadian dude who changed his name to "Optimus Prime."

My cat's name is Pickles. It has absolutely nothing to do with him. I was a kid when I got him (He's 14 now), and I like pickles. Hence, the cat was named Pickles.

My dad wanted to name me "Quentin." Thank God my mom said no.
SimdudeS
Quite interesting names...

I have a dog named "Sega"...

The short story of that is... my father would never buy me a game systems while i was growing up, so one day we got a dog and he named it sega. So clever he was/is.

I also have a turtle named "Turdy" The turtle does poop quite alot so the name is rightly justified.
SimdudeS
I also have met a girl before... with the name:

Anita Wang.
Sounds more like a simpson prank phone call than a name...
But it was true none-the-less
gandalfthegrey
I remember watching the Late Show with David Letterman in the mid 1990's. He featured a Saskatchewan (Canada) gas station owner whose name was Dick Assman.

I think the guy also had a dog named Jack. So I guess you could call the dog Jack Assman.

There is also a US medal winning olymipic skier named Peak-A-Boo Streak.

I have also seen some funny names who've registered as election candidates.
Godzilla Salami. Gay Parent. Most of these candidates are from the Rhino party.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neorhino.ca
vvforgs
quex wrote:
A classic name for dogs in the midwestern US (and in New York) is "Taxi," because it sounds like you're trying to hail a taxi cab whenever you're calling for your dog. The best pet name I've ever heard in real life belonged to a wolfhound I met at the Irish Festival in Dublin, Ohio: "Biffdee," the pronunciation of BFD, which stood for the dog's actual name on paper: "Big F*cking Dog."

My dog's is gesla
WicCaesar
Give a name to a cactus... Pretty interesting.
GoldWyvern
My wife's daughter and her husband named their son Ocean 2.4.5. Trioxin.

Her daughter has a fear of drowning and so she chose Ocean.

Her husband said he wanted his son to live for ever. the chemical on the barrels in the night of the living dead is 2.4.5.Trioxin.
seirus501
Mophibosheth(????) Confused from the Bible
AFriedman
I think Sarah Palin's names for her children are completely ridiculous--they got to be mentioned. Her oldest son is Track, followed by daughter Bristol, daughter Willow, Daughter Piper and son Trig. I've never seen the likes of those names and there is a reason I probably never will.

She also worries me. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad (this is her)
Sad Embarassed Crying or Very sad (this is America)
selfmade
yes there are some peoples whose names sounds a bit funny , did you met that kind of peoples in your life, and also you find some funny first names that people may have
LittleBlackKitten
I have met:

Phyllis Shave
Sandy Shores
Seniior Zestii
Ima Deuche
Thai Maishoo (Tie my shoe...)

Seen on a staff list"
Randy Fell
Joe Screem
Brody Passt

(One Fell, the next screamed, last one passed out...Lol...)

Cute pet names:

Two clownfish named Jack and Dianne
nigam
i named my bird hakuna matata from the lion king.
LittleBlackKitten
Working as a hospital security guard once in my life, I've come across some messed up patient names.

Phyllis Shave
Sandy Shores
Rocky Shores (Married to Sandy)
Crystalline Shores (Kid)
Yavgeena Puntook
Cheyne Smewhtt (Pronounced Shane Smoot)
Machosa Gay (Very muscular Mexican nurse)
Hannibal Lecture (Yes, seriously...)
Luke Strongbow
chaity
my neighbour has a cat named TUBELIGHT......i always thnk why ths name hs struct in their minds...........
HoytJolly
As far as funny names go, I think that Monty Python's little know composer takes the cake. His name was:

Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm

If you don't believe me, just watch the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDPqB9i1ScY
silverdown
um....Lady Gaga.. if that even counts..
ankur209
Kande Munde is the unique name i've ever heard.this guy was in my class in 6th standard. Razz
goutha
I think that the funniest one is BATMAN BIN SUPERMAN!!!

Here is a link to his real ID : http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1100/batmanbinsuparmanzj6.jpg
venkat
Smile How about Paatah Paatah Srividhya ...... Saini... Bharath. Is it okay if I forget a name if its 6words long when I was in school?
andysart380
you'll love this one.

i was delivering hay to the cow farmer down the road last summer and while loading it in one of his stalls in the lower barn i saw a pig. After we finished unloading and were talking to the farmer i asked him about the pig and said did you give it a name.. he replied " i call her freezer" .. I laughed my ass off.
LittleBlackKitten
Crusty, Crunchy, and Fluffy the hermit crabs...
A white shorthaired dog named pepper...
A duck pair named Starduck and Pike
rogue_skydragon
Bochog would be the weirdest name I've ever heard. My cousin gave this name to a dog we once owned.
Radar
I tend to be surprised when I make up names, Google them, and discover that they're real after all.
scray
Mclovin

Teehee : P