FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nero 8 installation

orcaz
Not sure if anyone here also haf the same problem, but i can't seem to install the new Nero 8 on my computer. i haf done all the necessary things like using the General Cleantool and disabling antivirus, but whenever i run the installer, it keeps prompting that system has not been modified. Does any one knows how to solve this error?
SgtGarcia
Can you be more specific about what happens?
You cleaned your computer, so you don't have any old nero installations remaining. Then you disable your antivirus program and try to install the new Nero 8?
Do you get any screens, or does it only say that nothing was modified?
orcaz
SgtGarcia wrote:
Can you be more specific about what happens?
You cleaned your computer, so you don't have any old nero installations remaining. Then you disable your antivirus program and try to install the new Nero 8?
Do you get any screens, or does it only say that nothing was modified?

Yea, i cleared all old installations, and disabled my antivirus.
Bones
Any idea what program is tossing that message at you? Is it the Nero installer? I know you say that you have disabled your antivirus software, but that really sounds like a message that an A/V program would toss when the Nero installer is trying to write entries to the registry.

Are you using any other security programs? Like maybe Spybot? I think tea timer in Spybot monitors for registry changes. (though don't quote me on that one)