FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Would you wear a wig?

Vlien
Would you wear a wig, just for fun? I've been thinking about buying one lately, a cheap one of course, and just for fun, since I've still got all of my hair :p

I wonder how many people walk around wearing a wig in public every day... I don't know if I'd have the guts to wear mine in public - maybe if it were a very good one and you wouldn't notice it.

My hair is nearly black and actually, I'd like to try blonde for once, without having to destroy my hair by dying it Smile

So - women, I guess - what do you think?
hippiegirl70
I know i'd wear a wig. There's not much wrong with them, except for the fact they can get very hot.
hilariouslicorice
absolutely!

i used to dye my hair all types of colors, and now that i've stopped doing that, wigs are an awfully easy solution when one wants pink hair for the day. they can be a bit hot, maybe not such a good summertime stylistic venture.

don't share yours with too many people, though! lice like wigs too Wink
loryl
They look very uncomfy, so no, I wouldn't. I'd rather dye my hair. Hair's replaceable; it'll eventually grow back. Besides, it's dead anyways. Ya can't harm it that much more...
twisthigh
Yeah, I actually own one and it comes in handy b/c sometimes I just don't feel like doing my hair and then I have this thing which looks totally natural if you play it up like it's your own hair, I love it.
Chalchihuitlicue
I love wigs! My roommate and I own over twenty in various styles. Of course, we do a lot of costuming, but wigs are fun to wear on a random basis anyway.

I have very long hair, and I would never want to cut it, so wigs give me a chance to change my hairstyle and color to whatever I want at a moment's notice without sacrificing the years I've spent growing my hair to its current length. With the wigs I have, I can have hair that's green, turquoise, royal blue, burgundy, light brown, dirty blonde, platinum blonde, black, silvery white, or orange, and that varies in length from almost knee-length to shorter than chin-length.

XD One of my friends (male) bought a wig to go with a costume of Ky Kiske from Guilty Gear that I made for him, and now he startles people by wearing it randomly. Quite a shock to see him instantly go from having a shaved head to long-ish shaggy hair.

A lot of people find them uncomfortable when they first wear wigs, but once you've worn a good one (not a cheap Halloween or party wig) for an hour or so, you get used to it. It also helps to have a good wig cap.
mina
i would totally wear a wig.
i haven't yet and i don't own any, but the idea of being able to change your appearance on the fly like that without any of the consequences (like regret for dying your hair the wrong color or messing up a haircut) is just great.
this is making me want to go buy one now! i've been wanting to get my hair styled (its just straight across just below shoulder length) but have been afraid of it looking weird. this might be the solution i'm looking for! Very Happy
Vlien
People, you have totally surprised me! I had never thought that so many people would even want to consider wearing one? I've been on a shopping quest for a cheap wig, but couldn't find any. And if it has to look real, you've got to spend some money on it, I understand?
I really want one, but haven't got a clue where to find it!
Approximately how old were all the people who answered my question? Smile
mina
I'm actually 20... not too old, not too young. Very Happy
Chalchihuitlicue
Vlien wrote:
People, you have totally surprised me! I had never thought that so many people would even want to consider wearing one? I've been on a shopping quest for a cheap wig, but couldn't find any. And if it has to look real, you've got to spend some money on it, I understand?
I really want one, but haven't got a clue where to find it!
Approximately how old were all the people who answered my question? Smile

Don't look for a cheap wig if you want it to look nice and last. I've got one cheap "Halloween quality" wig that's holding up okay... It frizzed a bit, but is perfect for the costume I'm using it for, so I don't mind.

If you're not getting a human hair wig (which I don't recommend, as they need to be stored in air-tight containers and kept out of light when not being worn, if I remember right), get one made from toyokalon or kanekalon, or a similar synthetic fiber. I get most of my wigs from Amphigory, they have great service and good prices. What I can't get from Amphigory, I get from E-Bay. Be warned that you should never buy a pre-owned wig that is not still sealed, unless it's a hand-styled one, you can never be sure that they're completely sanitary unless they're still sealed.

Anyway, my roommate and I are both 21, though I've been wearing wigs sporadically since I was 17 or 18.

Just for kicks, here's a few pictures of my roommate and I in some of our wigs:

And one of our biggest group of costumes, we've got quite the collection of wigs for these costumes!
furtasacra
Wigs are fun!

Just beware of them in warm weather, they can get hot and make you sweat your makeup off. And don't dance wildly while wearing a wig unless it is VERY firmly pinned down.

My favorite is a white "china doll" style wig that looks pretty but really weird with my olive complexion. I wish I had a picture... it looked freaky cool when I had turquoise contact lenses.
Aures
Do we get to know which one is you, Chalchihuitlicue? Razz
Chalchihuitlicue
I'm in the first picture (blonde wig), the third picture (turquoise wig), the fourth picture (white wig), and the last one, as the blue-haired girl in the long dress.
Vlien
Cool Very Happy but I still haven't found one - must admit I didn't look any further after my trip through ghetto Antwerp :p all those black shop owners only sold the real kind, the expensive ones.
russel26
wig? never i wear.......im satisfy my real hair...
sopetite
sure why not. i''l wear one of those hair weave thingies too. but they said they hurt a lot. which really gives me the creeps. what if your hair gets pulled of by the weave coz they make them real tight right
Chalchihuitlicue
russel26 wrote:
wig? never i wear.......im satisfy my real hair...

Oh, I'm satisfied with my real hair too. I love having really long natural hair! That's part of why I started wearing wigs, though. I wasn't able to use my natural hair with some of my costumes (and since I get judged for accuracy, that DOES matter), so I had to start wearing wigs with them. They're fun to wear when I dress up in general, now.

I don't wear them because I dislike my own hair, I wear them to have fun and be a different person for a while.
wilshirewigs
Vlien wrote:
Would you wear a wig, just for fun? I've been thinking about buying one lately, a cheap one of course, and just for fun, since I've still got all of my hair :p

I wonder how many people walk around wearing a wig in public every day... I don't know if I'd have the guts to wear mine in public - maybe if it were a very good one and you wouldn't notice it.

My hair is nearly black and actually, I'd like to try blonde for once, without having to destroy my hair by dying it Smile

I think wearing wig in the public should not differ from than real hair cause modern technologies in wigs has given wigs better look than real hair.
nigam
are you a model chalchihuitlicue? your cute in your wig with your different custome...but ive never tried it and i won't...
wilshirewigs001
Vlien wrote:

If you need guidance to choose a wig, we are the best to assist you.
ShayneThill
I will wear human hair wig instead of synthetic wigs.
pravojednostavno
I have good hair of light red colour. I always take care of it and i never dyed it. But i want a wig for winter time, a blond or black one. I have transparent blue eyes, and i think it will be amazing combination!
mshafiq
i never ever try to wear a wig because i have very shiny and healthy hair
pagesdesign
Different occasion choose different wig styleDolabuy introduce you how to wear one set of your own identity wigon different occasions:Warn and sweet family partyThe top choice wig: Long curly wigThe wearing from short to long curly wig only needs 3 minutes, oneset long curly wig can deduce your gentle and movingaspect,reveals your female manner in casual.Formal business partyDish hair is the top choiceDish hair is the top choice of women who attend an importantoccasion. If your hair is not long enough, there is nothing serious,just need use one simple part or one chignon to make dish hair moredignified.Capable and experienced working atmosphereTo choose short wig is the bestMaybe short hair is the pronoun of capable and experienced, if youdont want to cut your long hair, lets choose wig instead, it not onlyavoids the boring of cut hair, but also keep the momentum of ablewoman.
standready
I wore a long blonde wig as a stage prop for many years. Long hair was a requirement for the group's image and had a day office job. Did get uncomfortable under the lights but makes a good disguise. Take it off, put on street clothes and walk out without being mobbed.
Now though, I prefer to just use hat and dark glasses.
jajarvin
Why not?
I have one problem: I have lots of hair.
CHAOS-THEORY
still wondering what a 'wig' is ....
playfungames
I am also one of those who is going through a serious case of male pattern baldness. However, I do not think that I will be able to wear a wig and carry myself. It would just be too much for me. I feel that a person should be as natural as possible. Wearing a wig for me would mean that I am hiding what is natural and carrying something that is not mine. So I would never be able to wear a wig. I have nothing against people who wear one though.

Also, I don't want to be bald or semi-bald at all. I have been researching a lot about hair transplants. I really want to meet someone face to face, who has gone through a successful hair transplant procedure. I know that it is a bit hypocritical when I said before that, we should be as natural as possible. But in a hair transplant our own hair follicles from a donor region is transplanted to our head right?
Pippo90
If I started losing hair, I would certainly wear a wig. Luckily, now I'm too young to bother about these things. Very Happy
steeve
I have beautiful silky and black hair. I never try wig. But now I would wear wig of blue color. It have fun.
zimmer
nope.. i will not wear it.
tonberry
In my town of Cracow, lately there are guys who give out one company's flyers on the streets and the damn company forces them to wear huge red wigs. I haven't seen one with a happy face to be honest. I heard that suicide rate among men with huge red wigs is higher than for no-wig men.
deanhills
tonberry wrote:
I heard that suicide rate among men with huge red wigs is higher than for no-wig men.
Laughing That's a good one!

Besides which bald is in these days.

mshafiq
I never ever tried to wear a wig.I do not know how i will look after wearing wig.