FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Resident Evil 4 can a 11 or 12 yearold play

Mac
Resident Evil 4 can a 11 or 12 year old play cause my son wants it bad he is really nice he is not like a little hell raiser
Antwon
Being a 15-year older as me, I always loved the Resident Evil games. I was 12 when I first saw my uncle playing them, and got addicted to them right off the bat.

The thought off zombies, blood, guns and other violence could scare a parent into thinking a child will turn out like that, but for truth, it won't happen.

I would suggest to you to talk to your son about it; tell him that it's all fake; (Hear the classic, "Yeah, I know...")) and, buy it for him.

So, go for it! And remember, everyone needs a little freedom once in a while, especially kids Smile

Hope that helped --
Antwon
Monkeydog
Really matters but I would think he could =/
if your son is easily influenced by stuff like Video Games or is easily scared,mabye not...
lucypinderfan
meh.. it should be fine if it was me, but some people get nightmares from it.. so just hope hes not that type..
Mac
he is like a computer master and he knowes how it is created he does not get scared or have nightmares
anime
if he dont scared ! so let him play it
MistaKiula
hahaha, just let him do what he wish. you a dad? don't dissapoint him Wink
Monkeydog
I would so let him play it if he's as smart as you say...I would probably let him play anything cept the Guy Game and Leisure Suit Lary XD
and mabye GTA cause I didn't get to play it until I was 13 =/
psycosquirrel
Mac wrote:
Resident Evil 4 can a 11 or 12 year old play cause my son wants it bad he is really nice he is not like a little hell raiser

No. The mature rating means 18 or older. I, being 17, will not even play a game of that sort. The Resident Evil series is one of the worst Mature games, due to the violence and the storyline and plot. A child of 11 or 12 will usually get nightmares from things such as the zombies and freakish creatures spawned in the game. Instead, get the kid a happier game they can enjoy more... I am not anti-voilence or anything, it is just RE is very, very violent. If the kid wants violence, get him a game like Super Smash Brothers Melee. At least there is no gore in that game...
Monkeydog
Just cause its rated like that doesn't mean someone will get nightmares and stuff.I have never had a nightmare to a game and I was playing violent games when I was five.It really matters if the kid is a complete wimp or is easily influneced =/
Kit
Just for the record, there is a gmaing secitopn that could deal with this issue in the correct environment.

However I am inclined to allow your child to paly this game. In my point of view, it is futile attepting to prevent your children from the real world.

Especailly so if he is a computer lad. He knows how it is made. He can accept that it is not real.
Mac
Ok Hes got it I went to best buy after work on tuesday and picked it up for him he has wanted it 1 year and i know how anoying that is.
Kelcey
[quote="Mac"]Ok Hes got it I went to best buy after work on tuesday and picked it up for him he has wanted it 2 years and i know how anoying that is.[/quote]

Huh? Resident Evil 4 hasn't even been out for ONE year.
jinn666
Lots of Blood and violence, not suitable for 12 year old. It could teach some kids to copy violent acts. It’s also very scary & might bring them nightmares.

The game is rated 18 for a reason, so parents dont buy ur kids violent or 18 rated games and dont blame the game industry for your kids bad behavior.
Kit
Mac wrote:
Ok Hes got it I went to best buy after work on tuesday and picked it up for him he has wanted it 2 years and i know how anoying that is.

Good for you. Holding out on him for two years? He must have a lot of patience. Not to mention the game release date.
Kelcey
[quote="jinn666"]Lots of Blood and violence, not suitable for 12 year old. It could teach some kids to copy violent acts. It’s also very scary & might bring them nightmares.

[size=18][b]The game is rated 18 for a reason, so parents dont buy ur kids violent or 18 rated games and dont blame the game industry for your kids bad behavior. [/b][/size][/quote]

I'm not arguing against you at all. Just on a side note, there are plenty of sadistic psychos over 18 Shocked
Mac
My SON Knows the people that make it and watched them make it he knows its fake
Monkeydog
jinn666 wrote:
Lots of Blood and violence, not suitable for 12 year old. It could teach some kids to copy violent acts. It’s also very scary & might bring them nightmares.

Games don't teach anyone anything unless you are willing to learn...I go to school,doesn't mean I was taught anything... XD
Not that I totally disagree but if the kid isn't an idiot...
Grimboy
Fact is, a game is a game. Some people will not like it and be scared by it. The majority will just accept it as a game. NOBODY who would not otherwise be a violent or destructive person. If your son is well balenced and understands it's fake then why not. If he does get afraid of it just make sure he doesn't play it for a couple of years and don't buy him any more. Easy as pie.
yagami
Oh my god! This game is NOT an Resident Evil game, is just a FPS with a little references of the RE saga.
Put the name "Resident Evil" in a box and wacht how it sells automatically.
Dr4goN
If he don't scares...... buy it. I played Quake II when I was five. Laughing Over a year ago I played Manhunt.... whee!